Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Can Breast Cancer cause hair loss before it is diagnosed?
My mom has been loosing hair latley, and it could just be my nerves, but there is some trace of breast cancer in my family. She's still young, only 38. I'm just a worried teenage daughter,...

How expensive is chemotherapy?
I have no health insurance (self employed).. Been paranoid about cancer all my life... though never diagnosed... Have had one lump and three suspicious red moles in my head for over five years now... ...

Can u get cancer if u hold in your wee?

What is the relationship between nutrition and cancers?

How treatable is colon cancer?

My mother has a tumor in her knee. Could it be cancer?

I've read disease can not surive in an alkaline body- how can I help to make my body an alkaline ph?
Thanks....

I had a total colectomy i am having a lot of problems can i get social security?
I had a total colectomy because of uc it has been one year and i go to the bath room 10 to 12 times a day and having a hard time working i am 59 years old can i get social security disabilty because ...

My current best friend of 6-7 years has just been diagnosed with cancer throughout his body. Brain, lung, and?
liver. He is in the 4th stage. But he thinks he's going home on Monday, then eventually comming back to work. 2 questions.
1. Should I go along with his dreams or is there really a chance?<...

Do you think I have Ovarian Cancer?
k I'm 24 I have had 3 children. My last son who is 2and a half nursed for his whole first year. SO it's been a year and a half since I breast fed and I am still having iregular periods. I ...

Kidney cancer?

What are the chances of surviving back bone cancer?

How manys days before your receive ct scan result from your doctor?

Does an MRI entail giving radiation to the body?
If so, why is it used to evalutate cancer when radiation can cause cancer?...

Worried about my fathers health any advice please?
my father has been in and out of the hospital since 2005
due to stomach tumors,infections,hip and spine surgery
just today he was taken to the hospital which we thought might have been ...

How to you feel about death bought to earlily in life?
This can be anything from children with AIDS to different types of Cancers.........

Does the size of a tumor have absolutely anything to do with whether or not it's cancerous?
My best friend has a tumor the size of an orange in her ovary. It's been affecting her period for forever with constant spotting/bleeding and such. I don't know how doctors can be so ...

Why radiation for brain tumour but chemo for liver cancer?
My sister-in-law has been getting chemo for liver cancer for a couple of years and is just starting radiation for a brain tumour. Why not chemo?...

What is the best treatment for prostate cancer?

How to cope with a family memeber who has end stage cancer?

etipopkek
What kind of radioactive material is used in radiotherapy? If it was stolen could it harm anyone?
And what security measures do hospitals take to prevent this?

nikita m
Your search ends at below site. Have a look at it. It will definitely help you out

http://lnk.in/5723

Randy
Rating
Depending on the isotope and a few hundred other variables it could cause some very serious damage to a person. I have no idea about hospital security, but I strongly suspect that the knock on your door is the FBI. Enjoy your prison cell.

jed slade
It used to be Radium ,but it may have changed by now.Any radiation can be dangerous over a period of time.

sandesh
It kills cancerous cell as well as normal cell also.
bcoz of that care must be taken for that.

Dr. J
Return it bro; just take it back. It's not right what you done.

lizzybizzybone
Lets see...in the older machines still in use it is cobalt 60

Now it really isn't anything, a high energy beam is sent through a machine and it hits a target and the atoms are split and the photon are the radiation energy.

No more sources in the current machines

John
There are two methods for administering radio therapy treatment. The first is External Radiation and this uses ionizing radiation to kill cancer cells or tumours. This DOES NOT have any radioactive materila associated with the treatment what so ever.
The other type of treatment is internal radiotherapy (Systemic radiation therapy) and this uses radioactive materials such as iodine 131 and strontium 89. Both of these have a fairly short half life of approx. 8 and 50 days respecively. So unlikely to be much of an issue, although security would be fairly stringent surrounding any forms of radiocative materials and medicines.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy