Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

What would you do if your brother had cancer?
My brother, of 19, is in hospital with cancer and has less than 12 months to live, what would you do if he was coming home for christmas?...

I dont believe in smoking i wont ever do it what about you?
Reason why my farther has lung cancer and has to have part of his lung removed and i like my lungs i tell everyone i know who smokes that those are cancer sticks ...

Is meat causing cancer?
Is it the food that eating we're causing cancer and all the chemicals that are in them?...

I have very bad memory, sometimes I forget things am suppose to do or have done after 5 minutes.what can I do?
to improve my memory, am only 24 years old. Help
Additional Details
I dont drink and has never smoked a day in my life. And I dont do ...

What do you write in a card for someone who has been diagnosed with breast cancer?

How do you help someone who decided to die, to let the cancer kill them?
My mom in law has had cancer- thriving and in remission - for the past 10 years. This last round has left her ill,tired in body and spirit and giving up. Note, this is not a person who normally would ...

Does tanya die in eastenders?

How you get someone who has been smoking pot for a long time to quit?

I have lung cancer and i want to live my life before i die.....?
plz tell me anything fun that can make me forget for even an ...

How do i learn to live with the grief of loseing my nan to lung cancer.?
my nan has been ill for a couple of years, she was my best friend. she died in my arms on october 10th 2007, i will never forget it, i feel lost and broken, i need to know there is light at the end ...

Is it true you can get mouth cancer is you smoke cigarettes wrong?
Hmm.. it sounds ridiculous and I don't even smoke but someone I knew said it and I don't believe it.. But is it true?

Thanks

My mom just died.....?
My mom just died from lung cancer and my dad is a heavy smoker and he drinks, he never has time for me. How can i deal with this?...

As a Christian, If I'm diagnosed with cancer and choose not to seek treatment is that suicide?
As a Christian, If I'm diagnosed with cancer and choose not to seek treatment is that suicide? If all of a sudden I'm diagnosed with an illness that could possibly be treated and cured but ...

I think I have cancer.......please help me!?
Well i askeda question a few minnutes ago about "night sweats" i guess they're called, so i was doing research and I found something that mentioned itchy skin. I've had that to ...

Can sleeping with a bra possibly give you breast cancer?
random... but a good ...

I just smoked a cagar I am 14 will i get cancer. i have smoked 2 times before?

Additional Details
i forgot to mentoin after i was done smoking it felt like i swollowed somthing and it was stoke in my troat so i drank water and it felt wierd is this ...

WHAT SHOULD I DO....MARRY HER OR NOT (acute lymphoblastic leukemia)?
My girl friend (age 20 years presently) had (ALL acute lymphoblastic leukemia).....she is 10 younger than me n she also loves me very much. She was first diagnosed in JUNE 2002...then she took ...

Since I am a chain smoker, what can I do to reduce my risk of cancer?

We have a no smoking policy at work whic is ignored, even by the bosses, help? what can I do?

Does a cancer patient has right to know her own condition?
Does a cancer patient who still under-age has right to know about her own health condition? Doctor has just refuse to give me further cemotheraphy and she is curious about what acctually going on. A...

Nafertiti
What is the medical term for individuals who think that they have every disease and nothings wrong with them?
i think that i am like that.as soon as something hurts i think i have cancer or if i use a public bathroom and dont even touch the toilet i sometimes feel that i contracted h.i.v and the list gos on and on!
Additional Details
im17 years old ever since i was little

Gemini23
Rating
Their called Hypochondriacs.

penpallermel
Rating
Hypochondria?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochondria

X
Rating
Hypochondriac.

M H
Rating
The answer is Hypochondriac. I guess you would need to ask yourself why do you feel that way and for how long you have been thinking these thoughts. There are support groups you can research and join either online or in your community.

Sister Sandy (RN)
hypochondriac: my son is one he got taken to the hospital because he had an anchovy bone stuck in his throat. Not possible because anchovies have small hair like bones and the chances of lodging in a throat are almost impossible. The ended up have just a case of the flu nothing in the throat at all.

Jon M
Rating
hypocondraic

happydawg
Believe it or not, you are normal
They call the problem hypochondriac.
A lot of people do the same thing. At least you have a clue that its a little weird. If you didn't think so, you would not have put your question out there to be scrutinized.

sweetdawn710
hypochondriac

neverneverland
Its called a hypochondriac or health anxiety. I have had similar feelings as you do, and I go to therapy which seems to help somewhat.

as400_guru
Rating
Do you watch "Monk" on Friday nights on USA network? He is obsessive compulsive.

mom2all
Rating
Hypochondriac

cheri_nb
hypochondria

lazrer
Rating
ooh i wanna know that too

GingerBean
Hypochondriac. Sounds like you might be a little obsessive compulsive as well!

dragonfly
Rating
Hypochondriac,and I think that also could be obssessive compulsive type of disorder as well to go with it,perhaps

gailpendarvis
Hypochondriasis is the the name of this disorder. It is a mental health disorder and you could benifit by seeing a therapist.

socialconstructionist
Rating
Hypochondria is the term, but the sources vary. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), for example, may result in such fear or belief. Such a fear could be that one may contract a disease or be exposed to a toxin when there is no empirical evidence or rational reason supporting the fear. Some paranoid schizophrenics also exhibit symptoms associated with hypochondria. In any case, hypochondria is often treatable with psychotherapy, as well as other therapeutic approaches. That is, you can live a happy life with some therapy designed to treat this disorder.

shrek
Rating
Hypochondriac.

There's this book, Three men in a boat, by Jerome,

In which the guy says, that once,he came across a medical book, and when he read it, he found that he had many of the symptoms written there.
Of Cancer he was in last stage, and especially susceptible to heart disese, And it seemed he suffered from diabetes, and worse still, pilesseemed around the corner.
The only thing he did not have definite symptoms of was "housemaid's knee". So he went to his friend, a doctor fortreatment, nad theguy asked him what was wrong with him?

And the guy sez- My friend don't ask me what ails me,because thelist of the inflictions is long, rather, ask me what ails me not, because I suffer from everythingexcept Housemaid's knee.

The doctor, after prodding him for the cause of this sudden melancholy, wrotehim a prescription.
The prodigious patient took the prescrition and went to the chemist, who said, I can'tgive you what is written in this prescription, because if I were a restaurant, bedroom all rolled into one I could have, but I can't because I am not, so sorry.

Theprescription read- Three heavy meals a day, work to do , and a sound bed for night, and don'tt hink about things you don'tknow nothing about.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, November 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy