Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Why is the federal government (US) spending 7x more on breast cancer research than prostate cancer, despite...
...the fact that about 9 percent more men in the US develop prostate cancer than women develop breast cancer.

$550 million v. $80 million

http://www.worldnetdaily...

I have severe neuropathy in both feet following chemo treatment for colon cancer. How long will it last?

What type of cancer is this?
- It was diagnosed in a 16 or 17-year old girl.

- She went on chemotherapy and all her hair fell out.

- The doctors said it was nothing to worry about, but she later found out ...

What would you say to someone that you've never met before, that has recently found out they have cancer?

How do i deal w/my grandfather dying from cancer?
my grandfather has cancer & it is spreaing FAST. he is dying and its killing me. over the past few weeeks ive been tlkn to him more. but he is only going to live 4 a few more months how to cope?...

Are there any suggestions for relief of cancer treatment radiation burns?

Please, could you share with me the signs/symptoms of breast cancer?.....i am very worried, thank you !!?

Additional Details
i am not going to go into the details, but you have helped so much. my partner and i were "spending time together" and i notices what looked similar to a &...

Blood test?
if i have had alot of blood test done..does blood test give doctors a hint if anything is wrong even if its not wat they are looking for..like skin cancer,tumors and ect.......

What could cause water in the lungs and around the heart?
Anything other than cancer?...

What can i do to console a person that suffer from leukemia?

My leukemia is back?
I'm 15 right now.
I had my bone marrow when I was 9 and I relapsed again a year ago, and I had my bone marrow in July last year, and I've taken blood tests regularly and I just found ...

I have fairly advanced stage 4 esophagus cancer metastezied into the liver. Can I eat ice cream?
I am on chemo for a year now. I understand that sugar feeds cancer cells. My blood sugar hovers around 100. Can I still eat ice cream in small amounts? The doctor says yes. They want to keep my ...

What can happen if epidural misses your spine?

What does it mean when the Dr says your bone marrow looks milky?

About dry month after radiation treatment, can anyone help me?

Severe depression?
this xmas was pretty bad...i think it will be the last time i see my family. i have been mentally abused and manipulated by them for 35 years...my husband stood up to them when they were treating me ...

Do i have mouth cancer?
the inner surfaces of my cheeks have these white stuff that feels like excess skin tissue (i'd chew them off but they'd grow back), and i occasionally have a blister under my tongue. One ...

Do you know any total cure of cancer?
I have heard about a place in Mexico, but I would like to know people with this experience if it exist. My father has just 2 months left, so any regular medical help it wont make him to survive....

What did you do to past time while on chemo?
My grandpa is on chemo right now and I want to get him something he can use for christmas. He doesn't really like to watch anything right now because it makes him dizzy so no t.v. or reading. W...

Does my mom have breast cancer?
she feels her breast has this solid thing in it. at first, it was only one breast, so she took a mammogram and it said she didn't have breast cancer. but now, her other breast has the solid ...

Aileen
What is cancer?

๑۩۞۩๑ § ๑۩۞۩๑
CANCER
n. In all senses also called Crab.

1st definition
A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere near Leo and Gemini.

2nd definition
a. The fourth sign of the zodiac in astrology.
b. One who is born under this sign

OR

3rd definition
a. Any of various malignant neoplasms characterized by the proliferation of anaplastic cells that tend to invade surrounding tissue and metastasize to new body sites.

b. The pathological condition characterized by such growths.

4th definition
A pernicious, spreading evil: A cancer of bigotry spread through the community.

meanone
abnormal cellular growth

Ed W
Rating
Cancer is where cells mutate and start to grow out of control, and very quickly, causing a tumour.

The cells That the tumour replace stop working and eventually the body stops functioning (and die).

It is also a sign of the zodiac.

mr tigercub
Rating
Which one are U talking about?

1) Cancer is a class of diseases or disorders characterized by uncontrolled division of cells and the ability of these cells to invade other tissues, either by direct growth into adjacent tissue through invasion or by implantation into distant sites by metastasis. Metastasis is defined as the stage in which cancer cells are transported through the bloodstream or lymphatic system.

2) Cancer, the astrological sign

3) Cancer is a genus of marine crabs, including familiar crabs of the littoral zone, such as the Dungeness crab and the edible crab.

Armando
Rating
malignant cells that invade healthy tissue....and can grow and grow and grow.

z_1590
Rating
a cancer is a group of cells that multiply out of control, spreading over a host (in our case, human bodies). that is why there is no cure: they multiply too quickly to be able to be 'deleted'.

jay w
Rating
If your talking about the disease cancer, it is the genetic mutation of cells in the body (particularly afflicting the organs.)

Cells are constantly growing and multipling. Our DNA (Deoxyribo Nucleac Acid-- "blue prints") Dictate are cells design, structure and function (muscle, organs, skin cells etc.)

Cancer is an anormality that causes the DNA to deviate from its growth and design, mutating it and causing your immune system to attack it. Eventually if untreated the cancerous cells mutate and mutiply effecting surrounding cells to mutate as well. Spreading from the point of origin to effecting whole entire organs, causing serrosis (turning your insides to pizza.)

Within the final stages of life it spreads slowly eventually effecting your heart, lungs and brain. Shutting your whole body down causing death.

It's a slow painful death, but in some cases if caught in the early stages can be treatable by chemotherapy, radiation, or other drugs. If successful the cancer can go into remission.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy