Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

For those that had a recurrence of cancer did you tell fewer people?
the second time around than the first time?. Please tell why if you told more, the same or fewer and why?.

I am going thru it now, and have told fewer people since some relationship do ...

I could use some prayer help!?
I could really use some prayer help. My 29 year old son is facing surgery for the removal of his colon. Every prayer and good wish for Michael L. is appreciated. Thank you.
Additional D...

Why does chemotherapy cause so much uncomfort in who it undergoes?
-Hair loss
-Nausea and vomiting
-Diarrhea or constipation
-Anemia
-Depression of the immune system hence (potentially lethal) infections and sepsis
-Hemorrhage
-S...

I need help for an English Paper, I need three reasons on why I would give money to a cancer charity?
Please help!!!! Just tell me how many reasons u can think of....

What are the treatments for leukemia? what are the cures?

A question regarding smoking and children?
I am a smoker, and I smoke outside. A question my wife has asked me is if the 'smell' of smoke that carries with me when I come inside is harmful to herself and our children. I have told ...

At what point, is it ok to give morphine to a cancer patient?

Why has breast cancer in the UK increased by 30% in the last 10 years?
Could it be because less women are breast feeding, higher stress levels, more women smoking/drinking, more additives in food? I have no ...

Lung cancer recently. last chemo tomorrow. I have tried to quit smoking over & over again. Please, real tip

Can i get cancer from smoking only once or twice a month?
I like to smoke with my friends about once or twice a month. we smoke cloves, pipes and just plain cigarettes. how bad is it for me if i just do it once and a while?...

What is most fatal cancer?

Help! I found out today i have cancer!! and i will die in 1 week???
i am really scared doctor ssaid i only have till next week to live and said enjoy it as much as u can,,.... i havent told my family members... i am scared to die and dont know what will happen to the ...

HELP my brother is very sick.?
Okay my brother has cancer and we just found out that his insurence will not pay for his cemo. Is there any way i can help i know there is but i do not now what to do and if it is possible i would ...

Parents has colon cancer, surgery next week,,..what to expect when released from hospital??
I wrote in a week ago.. My dad has colon cancer, and has surgery next week.. its been a very trying couple of days while waiting.. After, he will be in hospital for 10 days.. I am jumping ahead I ...

Breast Cancer Male????
Ok well Im a male
ok well im not sure if this is normal or not
but when i like grab my breasts
i can feel like a bump
its not like in one particular place like if i grab ...

My question is about cancer ?
im supposed to be next in line for cancer and im always worried that i have it , but i dont know ....how do you know if you have cancer ? what age are you when u get it usually ?

thanks ...

My friend is dying from thyroid cancer. Will she experience acceptance of this before she passes?
She had cancer at 14 but was cured. Now years later has thyroid cancer. The thyroid was removed but cancer remains. She has had this cancer now for 2 years. She says she won't be cured now. I...

Are these signs of colon cancer?
hi i will start by describing my symptoms

-every morning i wake up i feel like i have to throw up but i dont however throughout the day in decreases
-i have lower left abdominal pain ...

How do you detect breast cancer at home? ?
I'm 17 ..turning 18 in a few months ! I read somewhere that when you have breast cancer, you feel a 'lump under your arm' and u feel something stony or mass like? I felt the mass like ...

What are the signs on a person with a breast cancer? is there any sign on the breast?
i found a ring-like sign near the nipple of my ...

racerxoo
What is blood cancer? how long can you live if you have it? is there a cure? thanks in adavnce?

gothic_marionette
Cancer of the blood is called Leukemia. It's also cancer of the bone marrow. There is no cure for any type of cancer, just treatment. Life expectancy depends on each person, and how soon it was diagnosed and treated. Unfortunately, Leukemia is an extremely deadly disease because it affects the blood system.

bmalt34
Rating
I want to share with you something I recently learned about Christianity.
In the book of Philippians chapter 2 verses 5 and 6 it says, "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,..."
When I first heard this from an evangelist, my first thoughts were, "A man being equal with God??!! That is blasphemy!!" I prayed about it over a period of days though, simply asking God, "Is it true, is that the way I'm to think, equal with?" On one day the Holy Spirit instructed me to get a pen and piece of paper. I made a circle in the middle of the paper, a line going up from the circle and a line going down from the circle. At the top of the line going up I wrote Greater Than, at the bottom of the line going down I wrote Less Than and next to the circle I wrote Equal With. Inside the circle I wrote Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
The circle represents Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The circle is always there with or without you and I.
Greater than is a mindset that will get you in trouble with God, Lucifer tried to get there and failed.
Less than is the mindset Christians have today.
Equal with is the mindset that gives you the authority to stop sickness in your body and to keep you away from harm and harm away from you.
Keeping the "equal with" thought in mind let's go to Romans chapter 12 verse 2, "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." This verse is saying, "do not be conformed to this world" or get saved, "be transformed by the renewing of your mind" or get the "equal with" mindset and "prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God" or get your life in order and then show others how to get their life in order.
If you're not saved you can be by praying this prayer;
Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.
Romans chapter 10 verse 9 is the reason you are now a Christian, "That if thou confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
The mindset of being "equal with" would be the next thing that you would have to understand, you belong in the circle, Jesus died for you to be in the "equal with" circle.
To get your life in order, or prove Gods will, means to exercise the authority you now have as a Christian.
Matthew chapter 27, Mark chapter 15 and John chapter 19, these are the scriptures that tell us that Jesus was beaten, Isaiah chapter 53 verse 5, "by His stripes we are healed." tells us it was for us to live in perfect health on this earth.
Psalm chapter 91 verses 11 and 12, "For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone." This scripture tells us we can't be harmed by anything or anyone.
An example of what Christians believe today would be, "Well if it's Gods will that I have cancer, then praise God I'll bear my cross and deal with this cancer! If I live praise God! If I die praise God!" or if a Christian is killed in a car accident, "It was just Brother Smiths time to go, he is in Heaven with Jesus and we'll see him when we get there." Christians don't say, "I believe Romans 10:9, that if I confess with my mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, I will be saved, but it may be Gods will that I go to hell," If we question one scripture we have to question all scriptures.
What we must do is prove Gods will or exercise our authority as a Christian, this will keep sickness and harm away from us. Matthew chapter 7 verse 7, "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." That word, "ask", is what I want to focus on now. It's been taught to me that "ask" means, "God you do it.", but if you look up "ask" in the concordance you will see "ask" has two meanings which almost seem contradictory. The first definition in the Strongs concordance, #154 in the Greek section, is ask, beg, call for, crave, desire or require. The second definition, #4441, is strictly a demand of something due. Check this out for yourself.
Before I go any further I want you to understand that we don't demand anything from God. We demand that sickness, blindness, cancer, disease leave our body because Jesus took a beating for me to live in perfect health. An example of how this is done would be to say something like, "I will not have cancer in my body! Cancer in my body is saying that Isaiah 53:5 is not true and therefore is saying God is a liar, nothing can say God is a liar, cancer you must die!" This can be done for any sickness, disease or disability.
The same is true concerning your safety, you would say, "I can't be harmed by anything or anyone, any situation that occurs that threatens me would be a situation that overrides the word of God and no situation can do that."
The most important thing to remember here is you must speak these truths everyday, enforcing them in your mind, that is how you are transformed by renewing your mind as spoken in Romans 12:2.

Máire Siobhán
If you're talking about leukemia, there are diffent kinds. Some are fast growing and require a swift response. Some are slow for years and then move into a faster phase. Others are slow growing and require monitoring and occasional treatment throughout life.

You can check the Leukemia Society's web site for more info in the specific type, once you know.

Hope that helps.

Jewel
Leukemia - dependable on many things, not known at this time but blood transfusions can help.

http://www.google.com/search?q=All+about+leukemia&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7SKPB

ckm1956
Rating
You're most likely asking about leukemia.
There are 4 different types.

Some are rapidly fatal, others are more chronic.
As with most cancers, the possibility of a cure depends on the patient and how soon it's diagnosed.

njdocisin
Rating
There are different types of blood cancer: leukemia, multiple myeloma, etc. So it all depends on what type you're specifically talking about and even then the prognosis is determined by a number of other factors.

Nadia
There are many different types of Blood cancers, (AML) Acute Myeloid Leukaemia, Acute Lymphatic Leukaemia (ALL), Chronic Lymphatic Leukaemia (CLL), Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (CML), Non Hodgkins Lymphoma, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, Myelodysplasic syndrome.......the list goes on.
Blood cancers are not curable but are treatable in most cases, prognosis (length of time of survival etc) is uncertain and different for each case. Each case has different treatments, Chemotherapy being the most popular. take a look on the website http//:www.cancerbackup.org.uk

cris
Leukemia isn't the only blood cancer. There is also, Lymphoma (Hodgkin's and Non-Hodgkin's) and Myeloma.
If you want to know more about the different blood cancers, here is a link to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society's webpage.
http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/hm_lls

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy