Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Burnt chicken skin = caner.?
my friend says that you can get cancer by eating burnt skin, as in burnt skin on chicken. i laughed and told her that you can only get cancer by HAVING burnt skin, or exposing your skin to the sun ...

How many months my friend will live she had a breast cancer both breast.?
My friend 25 years old now had a lumps in her both breast. She just take herbal medicines and didnt want to consult a doctor again because she was told that its already malignant. Shes still working ...

Can you give me some information on bowel cancer?
a friend has his bowel attached to his intestines can you tell me any info on how long he has to go he has refused treatment?
Additional Details
this is a serious ...

I dont want to........???????
lose all my hair!!!
my cancer has returned and i have to get chemo therapy on friday....this means that i will lose all my hair
wahhh!!!

how can i get over this???

Breast cancer? 10 Points?Xxx?
I know that its something that noone likes to think about but i wanted to know if, someone was to have both breat tissue removed will this reduce the risk of skin cancer, whether they have a history ...

What is a cancer tumor?

Yes or NO - Do tomatoes prevent cancer ?
There has recently been a lot of suggestion that tomatoes can prevent cancer because of the anti-oxidants they contain, but is it not the whole diet that causes cancer ? High sugar, salt and fat ...

What part of the body that can't grow cancer?
Theres only one part of the body that won't grow cancer. Answer right , and you'll get 10 points. What is it?...

Can you still type properly after you've been smoking cannabis
I don't want to embarrass myself online and it will only be my 1st time getting high. I did that when I was drunk....

Do cigarettes make people look ugly in the long run?

What countries are the best in the world for cancer treatments ???
as the united kingdom to be well behind as regards of drugs which are better in other countries I am lead to believe
Additional Details
as the united kingdom appears to lack in various ...

Where do i find a cancer cure for my friend?

Anemia or Leukemia??
With these symptoms could I be signed off work? For the last 2 months I have been feeling terrible, sleeping long hours, then needing to take a nap a few hours later, feeling tired all the time, ...

Skin Cancer: I really, really want a tan - are tanning beds really as dangerous as they say they are?
My gym gave me ten free tanning sessions in those high-intensity cubicle things. Very intense for ten minutes and you really do feel like you have been in the sun for an hour or more.

Are ...

My mom just got diagnosed with a tumor on her right kidney and it has spread?
My mom just got diagnosed with a tumor on her right kidney and it has spread to her lungs and her bones. What can they do for this? What does it all mean? She had blood in her urine yesterday, she ...

I Think I might have breast cancer, but im not sure.?
As I am a guy, I really didn't want to bring this up to family or friends. My nipple hurts to the slightest touch and there is a firm lump behind it. Im almost to scared to even go to the doctor,...

My best friend has just been diagnosed with cancer, she has two teenagers at home, they are not accepting?
the news very well. One is not showing any emotions and clinging to every move, the other is being very defiant and out of character-not minding her mom for the simplest of requests. They live with ...

People with lymphoma/lukimia (or doctors) what are the symptoms?
please tell me the symptoms you our a loved one had

and if you have/have had lymphoma or lukimia god bless ...

Advice on Cancer...?
Not being intnetionally morbid, I was wondering how cancer kills people?...

What could this mean (breast Cancer)?
I went into the doctor's office for a physical. I'm 25. She found a cluster of palpable lumps in my left breast and a couple in my right breast. She sent me to get a mammogram it revealed ...

Mainee
What happens during chemotherapy?
one of my friends has esophageal cancer and is going in for chemotherapy next week. She doesn't like to talk to about it, but I want to know what happens during chemotherapy. Do they give you a shot? Do they give you pills? Is it very dangerous? What are the side effects? Will her personality change after the chemotherapy?

rockyfella25
they will first take her blood to see if her blood is up too chemo..if it is she goes in and sits in a recliner and they give it too her thru IV..then she leaves and goes home..the more chemo the sicker you will get,,She will become very ill..throwing up and not wanting to eat..she needs someone their too help her..she will lose her hair but it will grow back..once she is on a beak from taking chemo she will fell better until her next stretch of chemo.

Lauren M
my dad has cancer and he takes the pill form of chemo so what happens is you get relly tired and you need to sleep while your taking it makes your teeth hurt and sometimes they fall out and shift you also might loose your hair but my dad didnt

sunshine
Rating
I've had chemo and it varies from person to person as far as the side effects and the strength of chemo give. some people breeze thro chemo with no side effects or even being sick it just depends on the person. usually it takes 2 to 3 hours for chemo and most of the time it is administered into a port that has been placed in the chest. some people have it administered directly into their veins. her immune system will be down and you should be careful even with a common cold being around her at this point. they give you a list of all the side effects and some people have some but not normally all the side effects. its basically on the persons ability to fight off the effects. just try to keep her spirits up and if she wants to talk about it, she will. be there for her.

casual_rider
she may be very depressed. just be there and support and help her. she is in for a very rough time. i took chemo for 6 months.

mytwodogs60463
Rating
chemo is very hard on the system but will help in the long run. I'm taking chemo now and it can be very tiring. just be there for your friend. some chemo's they give pill form and others they do IV were the chemo can go through your body.

koiboy
Rating
Chemotherapy involves an IV needle being inserted into your arm and a bunch of cancer fighting drugs being pumped into your body. Your friend will probably be either sitting down or lying down for about an hour while she's getting her medication. The side effects to the chemotherapy is nausea, eventual hair loss, loss of appetite, depression (from feeling so lousy). It won't be a pretty sight. There's not much you can do to help her except being there for her. She will be pretty weak after getting her drugs so you can help her walk or push her in a wheelchair (at the hospital) and drive her home where she'll probably just want to sleep.

o_O
My mom recently went through chemo.

She had a "port" inserted into her chest, so when she went in for chemo they just "hooked up" the IV that had the chemo drugs inside. She'd be there for several hours and after several bags of the IV drug, she'd be able to go home.

Chemo is dangerous as it lowers your immune system, meaning even a common cold can make you very sick. While your friend is going through chemo, she needs to be very careful around sick people and needs to check her temperature regularly. Even a small fever can be disastrous for someone with cancer who's going through chemotherapy.

Her personality probably won't change a lot, but she'll probably be tired some of the time [especially after chemo, or the few days after] and she may be nauseas a lot of the time. Feeling sick all the time might make her irritable and such, but she'll still be the same person :]

Other side effects: loss of hair, weight loss, weight GAIN [sometimes chemo makes people ravenously hungry...sometimes it makes people so sick they can barely eat], etc.

Best of luck to your friend!

Jenn
I'm sorry to hear about your friend and it's awesome to hear that you have an interest in it. When you have cancer, you often learn who your real friends are. Sometimes the "C word" can scare people away.

I am currently undergoing chemo for Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma, which is probably a walk in the park compared to most cancers you can get.

The chemo I'm getting is every other Thursday via my portacath in my chest. They often start with a steriod that can usually help most people, but causes me to be very depressed and bring me waaaaay down. Since I don't take the steriods, my nausea is worse than usual. But they'll give her Compazine or some other pills to help with that.

Chemo is dangerous...it's like injecting poison into your veins. But the doctors and nurses know what they're doing. The side effects can vary on her body's reaction to the chemo. Some people lose some or all of their hair...some lose none. Nausea is another and loss of appitite. The chemo brain is def another one. One thing I suffer from is a feeling of general unconfortableness. But you learn to deal.

Her personality will change. She'll still be your friend, for sure. But she'll probably have a sense of pride and strength knowing she is a survivor. I know I already do. I was supposed to have 8 months of treatment, but now I only have 6 because my body is responding so well. I feel so happy that I can beat anything. And this is coming from someone who spent her childhood in and out of hospitals for another disease.

Try and get your friend to open up to you. She needs you more than you know. I know it's hard to discuss, but she will become more comfortable with it. Try to get her to have a positive attitude about it, be there when she feels weak, (trust me, it'll be quite often) and in the words of my nurse, "JUST HAVE FUN!!!"

I wish your friend the best of luck and hope she gets through everything with ease.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy