Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Can a benign tumour which has been removed (completely), grow again into a malignant tumour?

Is working on night shift can cause recurrence of cancer?

Why is breast cancer the leading cause of death in women and not any other kind of cancer?

Additional Details
It's not true that only women can get breast cancer.Try again....

What is an appendix?

17 hours ago i had 3 shots of radioactive blue dye when will i stop peeing blue?

Hodgkin’s disease?
In past I was a patient of Hodgkin’s disease 1st stage. I gone through Chemotherapy (4 cycles) + radiotherapy (26 settings) after that I recovered & my all reports were positive.
I want ...

Should it be banned?
We need to ban dihydrogen monoxide

this chemical;

1. it can cause excessive sweating and vomiting
2. it is a major component in acid rain
3. it can cause severe burns ...

Help me to interpret this medical report.?
Final Anatomical diagnosis- Omentum-Peritoneal serous carcinoma ,low grade.
B Right Ovary- capsular deposits of malignant cells noted over ovarry. the tube. C-lube ovary-malignant cells present ...

Wat foods and diets will increase cancer risks?
im not talking bout just one type of cancer...i mean increaese your overall chances of getting any type of cancers,...

Do you use antiperspirant? Or deodorant?
USE DEODORANT only!! because antiperspirant contains aluminum zicronium a chemical known to cause cancer. so be a bit sweaty it's natural and you'll lessen your chance of cancer, especially ...

If you found that you have an cancer what will you do will you have a treat and be tired or stay as you are?
i want to see what will you do if u found it are u going to have a treat and lose ur energy and evrey thing and hair .....

Cancer causing products?
What are all the cancer causing products that we use?...

Will I be able to have children?
I have just recovered from cancer. I had 8 chemos and a stem cell transplant (bone marrow transplant). My periods have stopped and did so during my chemo, although i had one just before my transplant....

What evidence is there that the cure for cancer exists but is being kept secret?
What evidence is there that cures for the different cancers are being kept secret because its profitable to treat people rather than cure them?...

Mistakes in the Health service.?
For example - the young girl with a brain tumour who received something like 16 overdoses of radiation therapy accidentally.
Would you sue in a case like this if the disease would have ended her ...

Does cancer hurt? (need someone with medical experience)?
Ok. I have been experiencing some great pains for the past 11 months in my heart and lungs. I don't know if that means cancer or its just some other disease or maybe i'm just over reacting. ...

How in general high one of the man's adolescents who was 14 to 16 years old in the measurement centimeter?

What kinds of germs can you find in milk?Can it cause oral cancers?

Why do we spend so much more money on breast cancer research than other forms?
I just read several articles about cancer deaths and found that far more men die of prostate cancer than women die of breast cancer. Also, men are much more likely to get this cancer than women get ...

Can anyone tell me why oncologist don't put people to sleep when they do a bone marrow biopsy?
They said they will give a local at the site but I would not be put to sleep, why i heard this is very painful!!...

live forever
What does it mean when the doctor ask you to take a second mammogram test?
does that mean that they might have seen something or it doesnt always mean something?

survr2survr
Wanting to get a 2nd. mammogram means that your doctor and the radiologist either saw something "suspicious" on your 1st. mammogram and want a better look, OR, the first one was inconclusive and they want to be more satisfied with the results. I am a breast cancer survivor, 3 years now, :), and when my Doc wanted the 2nd. mammogram I sensed his concern and it scared me tremendously. However, getting that 2nd. mammogram (a DIAGNOSTIC MAMM.) may have been what saved my life. So even though I understand your fear and concern, I'd get the 2nd. mammogram TODAY. As I'm sure you have heard, when it comes to breast cancer, early detection is the key to survival. I am living proof of that! Good Luck to you, and don't let your fear defeat you and claim your life! No one lives forever but we can all live better! Take Action.

Jacqui W
prob just not clear, if they had seen something they would be more likely to do a needle biopsy on what they saw! The machine may have been broken or something like that! Ask what increased risk you have by having another one so close!What age are you too? My consultant was cross i had one when i was 20 ! Esp as it can increase your chances of cancer, and they can't see much!
Good luck, try not to stress!

Gr8Doc
Rating
well mammogram like any other test has some range of sensitivity that does not reach 100%..

if the period between the two mammograms is less than 2 months then make sure that your previous mammogram was not that clear can not conclude from it anything (so dont worry)

on the other hand, if the period is more than 3 months(possibly 6 months) your doctor might have seen something in your previous one and want to make sure..

nikic64429
Rating
Sometimes you also have to go for a second mammogram because the picture didn't come out clear enough to see.

Iknowalittle
Rating
it means the first one was inconclusive, and they need a better picture...

tarkarri
Rating
It means the first mammogram was inconclusive.

This could be because it was blurred, because it didn't include enough tissue, because the tissue is very dense (more likely if you are youngish), because there is a shadow that might be something and they want a better look......

Don't panic unnecessarily.

If they were sure they had found something they would be talking about ultrasounds and biopsies etc.

auntie_dodo
Rating
sounds to me if they want a second mammogram, that they either see something small, or they see something they think might be a shadow. Go for your second mammogram, so that they can get better pictures of what they see, or think they see. Good luck hun!

Lissacal
There are a few reasons why a woman would be called back for more images after a mammogram. Vary rarely, the images are of poor quality or have an artifact on them. This doesn't happen often because the mammographer checks her images before she lets the patient leave. Occasionally, the mammographer will miss something that the radiologist catches.

More often, there is an area of the image that needs further evaluation. This could be because the patient has dense breast tissue. Dense tissue appears white on the x-ray film....and so do all signs of breast cancer (both masses/lumps or calcifications). You cannot see white pathology through white, dense tissue. Sometimes, compression views are needed in these cases, just to ensure nothing is "hiding" behind that white tissue.

Other times, the radiologist sees a mass or calcifications. Many masses and different types calcifications are benign. There are special views we can take (magnification views) which will show those exact areas better. In the case of microcalcifications, these images will show the edges of the calcifications in more detail, so the radiologist can determine which type they are. In the far majority of cases, the radiologist will determine they are benign....not cancer. Even after these special views, a radiologist might ask for a breast ultrasound, and maybe even a biopsy. Even if your case goes as far as a biopsy, around 85% of these are benign.

So, it is not a bad sign to be called back for more images. It probably happens to about 1 in 10 women after their screening mammogram. Best wishes.......

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy