Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

How do i deal w/my grandfather dying from cancer?
my grandfather has cancer & it is spreaing FAST. he is dying and its killing me. over the past few weeeks ive been tlkn to him more. but he is only going to live 4 a few more months how to cope?...

Are there any suggestions for relief of cancer treatment radiation burns?

Please, could you share with me the signs/symptoms of breast cancer?.....i am very worried, thank you !!?

Additional Details
i am not going to go into the details, but you have helped so much. my partner and i were "spending time together" and i notices what looked similar to a &...

Blood test?
if i have had alot of blood test done..does blood test give doctors a hint if anything is wrong even if its not wat they are looking for..like skin cancer,tumors and ect.......

What could cause water in the lungs and around the heart?
Anything other than cancer?...

What can i do to console a person that suffer from leukemia?

My leukemia is back?
I'm 15 right now.
I had my bone marrow when I was 9 and I relapsed again a year ago, and I had my bone marrow in July last year, and I've taken blood tests regularly and I just found ...

I have fairly advanced stage 4 esophagus cancer metastezied into the liver. Can I eat ice cream?
I am on chemo for a year now. I understand that sugar feeds cancer cells. My blood sugar hovers around 100. Can I still eat ice cream in small amounts? The doctor says yes. They want to keep my ...

What can happen if epidural misses your spine?

What does it mean when the Dr says your bone marrow looks milky?

About dry month after radiation treatment, can anyone help me?

Severe depression?
this xmas was pretty bad...i think it will be the last time i see my family. i have been mentally abused and manipulated by them for 35 years...my husband stood up to them when they were treating me ...

Do i have mouth cancer?
the inner surfaces of my cheeks have these white stuff that feels like excess skin tissue (i'd chew them off but they'd grow back), and i occasionally have a blister under my tongue. One ...

Do you know any total cure of cancer?
I have heard about a place in Mexico, but I would like to know people with this experience if it exist. My father has just 2 months left, so any regular medical help it wont make him to survive....

What did you do to past time while on chemo?
My grandpa is on chemo right now and I want to get him something he can use for christmas. He doesn't really like to watch anything right now because it makes him dizzy so no t.v. or reading. W...

Does my mom have breast cancer?
she feels her breast has this solid thing in it. at first, it was only one breast, so she took a mammogram and it said she didn't have breast cancer. but now, her other breast has the solid ...

Looking for High Protien soft food recipes and ideas for mom with throat cancer during treatments?
Hi , my mom is under going daily radiation treatments, this is the 3rd week , her throat is dry and very sore and swollen from the side effects of her treatment, she needs High protien as suggested ...

Leukemia? Need answers?
Alright, I just recently got news that one of my friends, one of my friends, was diagnosed yesterday with leukemia. He was one of my most trusted friends, and I was surprised to hear that he had ...

How did u get over cancer if u ever had one?
I had last operation one year ago. Now I'm almost 16. at first it was scary and imposible to believe that my life was in dangerous. As about now I feel well and grateful I was ill bc it changed ...

Which type of people are most likely to get lung cancer?
like what age group, people who have smoked, done drugs? ...

gardenia116
What are some possible symptoms of thyroid cancer (or even any kind of cancer)?
I am a 23 year old female, I have quite a large goiter (enlarged thyroid gland) and I am worried that it may be cancerous. Please help if you can, any information would be truly useful and most appreciated.

Mr. Grumpy
Rating
if you have any doubts, go sraight to your doctor. hope its all good

Bonnie ♥
There is thyroid cancer in my family. I hope to reassure you that when you find a lump on your neck that only about 4% of the time will it be cancer. I have taken so many blood tests to make sure that I was cancer free, and I am. Only a doctor can eliminate the possibility. Please see one!

More information in the link below.

marnie
I was 22 when the same thing happened to me. First you NEED TO GO SEE A DOCTOR...

Ok now for the facts, according to my doctor it is quite common for a person of our age to have thyroid cancer. I mean I didn't have any symptoms, then one day while I was eating lunch something got stuck in my throat so I automatically grabbed it and voila it was cancer...

Once you go to a doctor they will send you to have an ultrasound done...this will tell them if its just a goiter or if it is a nodule (as they like to term a tumor). From there if necessary they will give you a biopsy. Based on this biopsy, if you have cancer then you will go through surgery, and finally through radiation therapy. Trust me its better to go sooner than later. Its really not that difficult of a treatment and the survival rate for women our age is really high...contact me if you have any other questions...

ThatLady
Usually thyroid cancer shows up in nodules on the thyroid. But please don't panic. Thyroid cancer is one of the easiest cancers to cure. So, just get help right away. If you have thyroid cancer, you might have symptoms of hypothyroid (being tired, gaining weight, slow digestion, hair falling out). If you have symptoms of hyperthyroid you might feel like you're revved up all the time (unless you get to the point of burnout then you'll just be super tired). You'll lose weight, sometimes you might even have eye problems to go with it.

I hope you're under the care of a doctor. There's a lot of good thyroid websites. Just do a search. Best wishes!!

Ace Librarian
Try:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001213.htm#Symptoms

meanie
Rating
Thyroid cancer is cancer of the thyroid gland. There are four forms: papillary, follicular, medullary and anaplastic. The most common forms (papillary and follicular) are fairly benign, and the medullary form also has a good prognosis; the anaplastic form is fast-growing and poorly responsive to therapy.

Masses of the thyroid are diagnosed by fine needle aspiration (FNA) or frequently by thyroidectomy (surgical removal and subsequent pathological examination). As the thyroid concentrates iodine, radioactive iodine is a commonly used modality in thyroid carcinomas.

Most often the first symptom of thyroid cancer is a nodule in the thyroid region of the neck, but only 4% of these nodules are malignant. Sometimes the first sign is an enlarged lymph node. Other symptoms that can be present are pain, changes in voice and symptoms of hypo- or hyperthyroidism

Chris
Rating
I am 27 and was just diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer. 80% of all masses (nodules) on the thyroid are benign. I actually didn't notice anything. How they found it was I became diabetic with both my pregnancies and the endocrinologist found it in an ultrasound. Then they did blood tests which came back inconclusive. The next step was a radoactive iodine to determine that it was a cold nodule and not a goiter like you have. The final step was an FNA (fine needle aspiration) to determine if it was cancerous. It was so I had a total thyroidectomy. I'm in week 3 without my thyroid. Waiting until 6 weeks so I can start the radiation treatment. Then I'll be on synthroid the rest of my life. Good news is that I feel good except for the off menstrual cycle and the tiredness. The scar is not large either. I really wish you well and hope that this is just a goiter. Most times medicine helps it or they'll just remove it. That is for a doctor to decide. Here is a website that I found most informitive when I was diagnosed.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy