Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

I think my mom smokes!?
i found a pack of cigarettes in her room and i went in her bathroom and found one in the toilet.
and there was 2 in the backyard that my little brother and sister found.

i asked her ...

How do you feel after smoking a cigarette?
i just want to no cause i thinking about starting.!
Additional Details
HELPPP PLEASEEE...

A question about cancer?
When you go through chemo, your hair falls out, does that mean all of your hair on your body everywhere falls out?...

Cancer patient would like to know other cancer patients opinions?
I am looking for responses from cancer patients who don't just trust their Dr's automatically. People who are keeping up on advances and researching for themselves. I moved from AZ to CA ...

Can a cell phone give you brain cancer?
im being very cautious when i use my phone and i want to know if it can....

How do you know you have lung cancer?

My mom 's face is gray is that fdrom chemo, and can she died from getting chemo?

How long can you live with blood cancer?

Should my mother file for disability since she was diagnosed with breast cancer? She has no health insurance!

Any advice for me ? I have just been diagnosed with cancer in my left kidney.?
I would like to know what to expect. Will they put me on chemo or just remove the kidney and check to make sur that was enough?...

Bowel Cancer Post Op Fever of 40.5 HELP ?????
My dad had an operation for bowel cancer 3 weeks ago and although having a temperature he was released from hospital. He was taken back in last week and temperature has risen to 40.5. He is only ...

My friends mom died of cancer and i dont know what to do to help!?

I have a abnormal pab smear?
i have a abnormal pab smear. what could in ...

Is it possible to have a baby while going through Chemo?

Does cancer come up on a blood test?
im curious if cancer shows up on a blood test. like if i went to the doctors, and they drew 3 things of blood and sent them to the lab. could they tell if you had any type of cancer?...

What would you write on your "Bucket List" knowing the end was near?

Additional Details
Seriously...have you NOT watched the movie THE BUCKET LIST?

Great movie...and lots of people are doing ...

What is the worst type of cancer to get?
There are so many different types of cancers. Cancer could happen anywhere in the body. I heard that some cancers is worse than others. I heard that blood cancer is one of the worst. Which cancer is ...

What do you do or say to a person who was just diagnosed with cancer?
I know it sounds awful to even ask...
But what do you say right after a person finds out they have cancer? I know hug and cope but don't know what to say......

I need to tell my son that his grandpa has cancer and needs to have chemo. can anyone help me with this ?

Additional Details
My son is 10 years old and we live in western ...

Help! my son is addicted to cigarettes!!!?
i get my 5 year old son every weekend. he kept asking me to give him a cigarette whenever i took a smoke break. i gave him a drag, thinking it would teach him a lesson and be an awful experience ...

hrmom02
What age did you start getting mammograms?
My mom was diagnosed with stage IV at the age of 60 (she died over a week ago at the age of 64) and I was wondering if I should get a mammogram. I am in my early thirties, so I don't even know if my insurance will pay for it.

momcat
Rating
Most doctors recommend starting at 50, but if you have close family history of breast cancer, your doctor will probably suggest you start sooner. You should make an appointment with him, and express your concern about your insurance, also. He may be able to get them to pay for it.

the_quetzal
i had my first mammogram when I was 15... but I had cysts that had to be removed.

Your health is worth a few extra bucks to be diagnosed. One of my friends was diagnosed with breast cancer at 20; I know she wished she'd had one sooner.

Just do your self exam every few weeks, and if you feel anything out of the ordinary then go; if you feel your concern is justified then go now.

JS
Rating
My mom died of breast cancer and I started mammograms at 35. Talk to your Dr and let him know your family history. My mom was in her late 40's when she got her cancer.

pink flower
Rating

knittinmama
My doctor recommended it at 35 because my sister was diagnosed when she was in her 30's. I got breast cancer 2 years ago when I was 49.

Tami J
Forty. these days with so many toxins in the food and air, i would start at 30

kathy_is_a_nurse
Rating
The National Cancer Advisory Board (NCAB) concurred 17 to 1 in recommending that the National Cancer Institute (NCI) advise women 40 to 49 to get screening mammograms every one to two years if they are at average risk for breast cancer. But if you have a family history and are younger than that, you should certainly discuss with your doctor whether you should get a baseline sooner.

Sorry for your loss.

shifty360
They say you should get a mammogram at age 40 but if you are concern about it you should if you want get one because you have a history in your family. you know whatever you can do to guard yourself is priority. About if the insurance will cover, ask your insurance company...they can help you on that question.

Laura P
Rating
The recommendation is for all women to get a baseline mammogram between 35-40. It is part of preventative care, and your insurance should cover it. My insurance allowed for one at age 35, and that's when I had it done. Why wait!!

nimbleminx
Rating
So sorry about your mother. I was diagnosed at 34. Based on it's size and some previous symptoms and events that were attributed to other things years before... my tumor had been there for a while. My point being: get the mammogram for sure, but since you're high risk, make sure to do monthly self exams too. While I was in treatment I met a 27 year old who'd just been diagnosed with breast cancer and then there was that story about the 16 year old who was diagnosed several years ago. It's sad and terribly scary, but there is hope. Take care of yourself. Good luck. You'll be in my prayers.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy