Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Not sure if this has been discuss,but what would you do?
I was watching one of those 24hr news channels, and they had brought up the hpv shot. would you let your daughter get it or not. please explain....

My mouth has a bump in it. Is this a sign of Oral Cancer?
The bump is on my lip and over the past few weeks it has been getting bigger and bigger. Also, I have little white and red things on my tong and every time I brush my teeth my tong starts bleeding.<...

I think my mom smokes!?
i found a pack of cigarettes in her room and i went in her bathroom and found one in the toilet.
and there was 2 in the backyard that my little brother and sister found.

i asked her ...

How do you feel after smoking a cigarette?
i just want to no cause i thinking about starting.!
Additional Details
HELPPP PLEASEEE...

A question about cancer?
When you go through chemo, your hair falls out, does that mean all of your hair on your body everywhere falls out?...

Cancer patient would like to know other cancer patients opinions?
I am looking for responses from cancer patients who don't just trust their Dr's automatically. People who are keeping up on advances and researching for themselves. I moved from AZ to CA ...

Can a cell phone give you brain cancer?
im being very cautious when i use my phone and i want to know if it can....

How do you know you have lung cancer?

My mom 's face is gray is that fdrom chemo, and can she died from getting chemo?

How long can you live with blood cancer?

Should my mother file for disability since she was diagnosed with breast cancer? She has no health insurance!

Any advice for me ? I have just been diagnosed with cancer in my left kidney.?
I would like to know what to expect. Will they put me on chemo or just remove the kidney and check to make sur that was enough?...

Bowel Cancer Post Op Fever of 40.5 HELP ?????
My dad had an operation for bowel cancer 3 weeks ago and although having a temperature he was released from hospital. He was taken back in last week and temperature has risen to 40.5. He is only ...

My friends mom died of cancer and i dont know what to do to help!?

I have a abnormal pab smear?
i have a abnormal pab smear. what could in ...

Is it possible to have a baby while going through Chemo?

Does cancer come up on a blood test?
im curious if cancer shows up on a blood test. like if i went to the doctors, and they drew 3 things of blood and sent them to the lab. could they tell if you had any type of cancer?...

What would you write on your "Bucket List" knowing the end was near?

Additional Details
Seriously...have you NOT watched the movie THE BUCKET LIST?

Great movie...and lots of people are doing ...

What is the worst type of cancer to get?
There are so many different types of cancers. Cancer could happen anywhere in the body. I heard that some cancers is worse than others. I heard that blood cancer is one of the worst. Which cancer is ...

What do you do or say to a person who was just diagnosed with cancer?
I know it sounds awful to even ask...
But what do you say right after a person finds out they have cancer? I know hug and cope but don't know what to say......

miss m
Suggestions of a great gift basket? its for my y grandpa who is on kemo for prostate cancer...?
My grandpa is on kemo for prostate cancer. He's not nauseous and still has his appetite, but is diabetic- so sending sweets is out. He is so weak and tired- I live in NY and he's in Idaho- I can't be there to care for him but want to show him I still care so much- Do you have any thoughtful practical gift ideas?
I call weekly to talk and tell him I love him- I just want to give something tangible that can help him feel better...
i think i should give my grandma something too- she's going through soo much right now with him being sick... (they just had their 60th aniversary!)

dale peters
Rating
a wig

just me :)
so very very sorry to hear about your grandpa. Maybe a couple of good books, pictures of the family,put together some old and recent pic's of the family including animals...that might help. Also, why don't you write him something special like how much he means to you and maybe bring up all the good times you guys had together. If he likes to draw, place paper,pens,markers,etc.....he might like that. If he can have fruit....a nice little basket would be nice.If I think of anything else i will write back. Good luck to you and your grandpa........everything will turn out ok....have faith sweetie...........

caffsans
mixed fruits with cheese and crackers and diet pop

Wyandotte Hen
Rating
How about some movies (VHS, DVD) and some microwave popcorn.

Granny 1
Rating
have you sent a resent picture of you? If not have a nice 8x10 taken and send it, they will both love it I'm sure. When you ask how Grandpa is doing be sure to ask Grandma too, sometimes we forget the care givers, and they are going through a lot too. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Lady Pink
Rating
a fun idea would be to buy some old magazines (like a LIFE mag with his favorite old movie star on the cover or an important event to him) from when he was a young scrapper off of ebay that he can read and laugh and have memories about...or get some old movies that he can watch to take his mind off things.

sweet pie
flowers, fruits, maybe chocolate candy

barthebear
Rating
I am sorry. You are already doing the most important thing which is talking with him. His diet is limited so gift baskets which usually have food in them would be very difficult. How about a balloon bouquet? It is cheerful. Or send the gift basket with your grandmother in mind so she can snack. Most good florists have fruit baskets. But a wonderful feel better card with a nice letter in it containing memories and why you love him, etc would be super too. It is a difficult time and they are lucky to have such a considerate granddaughter since most young people avoid this time and feel scared of it. But we will be there where they are someday because it ( old age) happens to everyone usually. That is wonderful they had a 60th anniversary

midnightmoon62
Rating
Be sure to know if he is on any special diet before you send food. For example, some chemo patients become neutropenic during treatment. This means the the white blood cell count is low, making it hard to fight infections. This happens because chemo can't tell the difference in bad cells and good, and sometimes kill the good as well.

During the time when the white blood count is low, most patients are forbidden to eat most fresh fruits and veggies. This is because the immune system can't fight the bacteria and pesticides as a person with normal blood counts can.

Washing them does not help because the skin of most fruits and veggies is pourous, allowing bacteria and pesticides to seep through the skin into the fruit it self.

IF this is the case with your grandpa, your docs would have went over this extremly well and your he would definatly know about. So, if you ask, he will be able to tell you.

Also, sometimes foods that you love can make you sick while you are on chemo. The treatment can change your taste bud making things not taste right, or make you very sensitive to smells. This smell sensitivity can make things smell horrible and make you nausuas.

So, just ask him if there are any foods he cant have or would rather not have.

Other things that would be good to give would be crossword puzzles or word searches if they are into that. Good way of making the time pass.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.114
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy