Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

What age did you start getting mammograms?
My mom was diagnosed with stage IV at the age of 60 (she died over a week ago at the age of 64) and I was wondering if I should get a mammogram. I am in my early thirties, so I don't even know ...

How long did your loved one live after they found out they had breast cancer?
my mom recently passed away from it. Was just curious....

I have stage 3 colon cancer and want to know how many years will I live after chemo?

My mom has lung &liver; cancer 3 YRS no bowl movement for3 weeks alot of pain what can be done lots of laxative

My dog has leucemia and some cancer?Isthere anything that ican do the doctors say she will only last for only?

Additional Details
a couple of weeks!!...

What to do and eat to prevent cancer?

Has anybody had a bone scan,wot is involved please?

Please help! 4 yr old nephew has the following symtoms..?
My nephew has lost alot of weight, eyes are sunk in, will not eat hardly at all. My neice took him to the doctor and the urine test showed an abnormally high wbc in his urine. He is thirsty and will ...

Treating Cancer with Vitamin C Mega Dose 10Grams?
I have Prostate cancer spreading to Spine. I am on Calutide 50, 3 tablets a day.
One Nobel Laureate Doctor suggests that we take
Vitamin C 10Grams Mega dose to fight cancer.
Is it ...

Not sure if this has been discuss,but what would you do?
I was watching one of those 24hr news channels, and they had brought up the hpv shot. would you let your daughter get it or not. please explain....

My mouth has a bump in it. Is this a sign of Oral Cancer?
The bump is on my lip and over the past few weeks it has been getting bigger and bigger. Also, I have little white and red things on my tong and every time I brush my teeth my tong starts bleeding.<...

I think my mom smokes!?
i found a pack of cigarettes in her room and i went in her bathroom and found one in the toilet.
and there was 2 in the backyard that my little brother and sister found.

i asked her ...

How do you feel after smoking a cigarette?
i just want to no cause i thinking about starting.!
Additional Details
HELPPP PLEASEEE...

A question about cancer?
When you go through chemo, your hair falls out, does that mean all of your hair on your body everywhere falls out?...

Cancer patient would like to know other cancer patients opinions?
I am looking for responses from cancer patients who don't just trust their Dr's automatically. People who are keeping up on advances and researching for themselves. I moved from AZ to CA ...

Can a cell phone give you brain cancer?
im being very cautious when i use my phone and i want to know if it can....

How do you know you have lung cancer?

My mom 's face is gray is that fdrom chemo, and can she died from getting chemo?

How long can you live with blood cancer?

Should my mother file for disability since she was diagnosed with breast cancer? She has no health insurance!

^_^
Sometimes my breasts hurts, is that a sign for cancer??
I mean what are the signs for having breasts cancer??

Who Me?
Do you do often self exams? I would start there. Women have found out they have breast cancer and have no symptoms. Good Luck.

lizardmama
Rating
If you're younger than 25, it probably means your breasts are still growing. They can grow all the way to 25.

hyoteioshitari
Rating
Not usually, sometimes breasts can get very tender during or before your period. Sometimes even after your period they hurt a bit. Normally cancer doesn't hurt (from what I've done my research on) and it normally is a lump (which could be a cyst/tumor)

Hopefully this helps.

monicaschlup
Rating
You might be pregnant or be getting your period.
Some signs include dimpling, inverted nipples, pus discharges. the ominous lump usually in the upper right quadrant, skin changes etc.
Perform BSE -breast self examination after your period, and get a mammogram.

rebecca
Rating
Pain could be a lot of different things from your period to pregnancy to needing a new, more supportive bra. I certainly wouldn't jump to the conclusion of cancer though. Women with larger breasts often complain of pain/soreness and those are the women who usually benefit from purchasing a supportive bra.

Ally
I'm not a doc, but the main sign is a lump. Even then, don't get scared - just get it checked out. I had a lump & it was just b/c I drank too much caffine! Check out webmd.com and search there. I'm sure checking w/a medical site would help.

Go_Know_Thyself
Different lumps mean different things...

Just a pain, could be from menopause or your period.

Some lumps are jagged like little bits of coral and some are smooth and pea shaped... it really depends. It could even be mastitis or a backed up gland?

That is what mammography are for! GO have one if you suspect something strange...

KD
first of all how old r u?
second of all,pain is not a common symptom for breast carcinoma,usually it presents with a painless lump(mass)discovered accidently through the self breast examination(every month above the age of 20)and through the screening programs (done every 2 to 3 years)
signs suggestive of breast carcinoma can be summarized as follows:1.breast enlargement,asymmetry with change in the character of the breast skin.
2.nipple retraction and recent change of direction.
3.stony hard mass within the breast withn irregular surface and ill-defined egde(mainly by the physician)

nashvillekat
Rating
No, usually pain in the breasts is not cancer. I had the same problem and it just cysts. You get cysts around the time of your period. If you are worried go see your obgyn.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy