Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Help! my son is addicted to cigarettes!!!?
i get my 5 year old son every weekend. he kept asking me to give him a cigarette whenever i took a smoke break. i gave him a drag, thinking it would teach him a lesson and be an awful experience ...

Does febreze give you cancer?
my teacher said that some household such as febreze and other spraying chemicals give you cancer......because when its sprayed it stores up inside the cell or body fat and keeps store up as you keep ...

Would a problem with my lungs show up indirectly if an ultrasound was done on my bladder, liver and kidneys?
I recently had an ultrasound on the above and thankfully there was nothing serious, I have been getting pains in my lungs for the past couple of months and wondered if there was something serious ...

How does chemotherapy work to treat cancer?
please dont say i dont ...

What is mitosis used for?

Will this affect my life later on?
while i was 5 years old,i broke a mercury thermometer..back then,i didnt know that mercury is very hazardous,so i just touched the mercury with my hand and i saw lots of it kinda 'enter' my ...

About different types of cancer please?
My dear cousin is in stage 4 cancer. I've never asked her what type of cancer she has but it is in many places in her body.
She's just had surgery to remove a mass in her throat. The D...

Has any one here beaten or known someone to beat serious lung cancer?
My Mum has just been diagnosed with adenocarcenoma(excuse spelling) and it has apread all over her body she has been given 3 yrs if she responds to treament and less than 12 mnths if she does not, im ...

I need advice with breast cancer?
I found a lump. It is hardly on my breast, but is on the border of the armpit and breast. My sister convinced me to get it checked out, and the doctor said it was just a gland and since I am younge (...

Quit smoking shot, anyone help?
I just asked the same question but not getting many answers with that headline question. Need to know anything about it, cost, what is in it, is it worth the money, side effects. Any help would be ...

Dr. found hi risk HPV 4 mos. ago. This was 1st pap in 7 yrs. I've no insuranc. I'm miserable when will I die?
There were about 20 strains of hpv found, including 16 and 18. They did a colposcopy but couldn't see anything so now they want to do an operation to remove most of the cervix, but with no ...

Pancreatic Cancer - whats the prognosis??

Wwhat doess skin cancer look like?
I have had a small whitish colored spott on my forearm for a couple of years. Now that I have been out in the sun and it was 103 two dayss in a row, it resembles a raised pimple. It won't pop or ...

When Prostate surgery fails and the Cancer has spread how long will I live?
The Doctor used a Scan that was done in August and operated in December. The Cancer had spread beyond the glands and is now terminal. Just wondering about a time frame to live....

Non smokers ,what are your principles on buying cigerettes for someone?
non smokers,would you get someone cigerettes if they asked you?
Additional Details
I am glad people are as adverse to smoking as I am....

10 points BEST ANSWER!?
im doing an article on smoking and lung cancer and i need help coming up with a title for the article?...

Why did doctors not find the cure for cancer?

I've heard its cancer causing to sleep with a regular bra at night.
but is it okay to sleep with a sports bra without the same effect?...

Does inhaling cigarette smoke causes problrm?

Are menthol cigarettes healthier than normal ones?
I know smoking is unhealthy full stop so dont give me all the risks of smoking, but i was just wondering which ones are the best the have?
x
Additional Details

drfw/TI#????
Should my mother file for disability since she was diagnosed with breast cancer? She has no health insurance!

Ilovemykittycat
Yes,I dont see why not she has no health insurance and no way of working righ now.It could take a while to start recieveing benifits tho.Goodluck best wishes to you and your mom

kay_flood
Rating
she can try, but breast cancer is not considered a disability, it is just an illness. I can commiserate with her about the health insurance and she will spend the rest of her life paying off the treatment, but better that than dying.

formerly_bob
Eligibility for disability varies by state. For Federal disability, a person needs to be unable to work for one year as a result of a medical condition.

You may have more success looking for state programs that provide medical insurance or financial assistance for medical problems. Medicaid to assist people with medical expenses based on income. Medicare is open to people regardless of income, but has complex rules of eligibility for people under 65 years of age. States typically have their own versions of medicare or medicaid with another set of rules.

Phurface
Rating
I'm sorry to hear she is ill. As for filing for disability, the condition would have to be expected to last at least 1 year and she would had to have worked 5 out of the last 10 years.

Even is she were approved for Social Security disability, she would not be entitled to Medicare Parts A & B until she had been getting payments for 2 years. She might consider going ahead and filing. She should also consider filing for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) disability. However, in addition to the disability requrirements, SSI is a needs based program and she would be asked questions about her assets, resources and income (home, car, bank accounts, life insurance, friends/family giving her money etc.).

If approved for SSI, she would probably be eligible for Medicaid which would give her some medical insurance.

You can get more information from www.socialsecurity.gov or by calling 1-800-772-1213 and speaking to a representative.

Good luck!!!

Social Security employee 18+ years.

Simmi
She should check on getting Medicaid. She might be eligible. Talk with the American Cancer Society about resources. Also social workers in medical settings know a lot about help in your area.

midnightmoon62
She needs to file for a medical card (medicaid) with the county health department. SHe should also go ahead and apply for disability and all that, but she may or may not get it. Whether she gets medicaid is gonna depend on her income level and assets. In my state the income level 900 per month gross and no more than 2000 in assets excluding one vehicle and one house. THis does count checking, savings, additional vehicles or houses, iras, 529s, and other savings programs.

She can liquidate these assets to qualify, but there is a particular way to go about doing it. And if she is married, all of her husbands income and assets will count as well.

I highly suggest you find a social worker within your hospital to help you with the ins and outs of all this. It is complicated, an you need someone who knows the local laws well.

MercurialMe :-)
Yes she should,

Any illness that incapacitates for an extended durations may comply with the regulations. Also, if she was working, she could try state disability which would aide her in getting medical insurance through the state.

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom and God speed to you and your's.

JUST ME
SHE MUST APPLY FOR ANY SOURCE OF HELP... DOES SHE HAVE MEDICAL SHE CAN TRY TOO CAUSE IT WILL BE REQUIRED FOR SOME OTHER ORGANIZATIONS AND BENEFITS..... GOOD LUCK!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy