Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Is this medical malpractice?
My father was coughing up blood, so we took him to the local hospital. After running some blood work that came back normal, the decided to look in his stomach. After going in there, they saw ...

Is it true that if you pinch someone over and over, they might get cancer?
in other words, can pinching someone give them cancer?...

What would be good to put in a care packge for my friend who has Stage 4 Melanoma (cancer)?

Smoking Gives you Cancer, What about Natrual Smoke, Camp Fires, Weed, Ect...ect?
My friends and I were having a discussion, we all know smoking gives you cancer, has been for many years, we all know that.

What about Weed, Its Natural, and I remember hearing something ...

World cancer day?
AS TODAY IS WORLD CANCER DAY GIVE SOME TIPS...

Is cancer infectious desease?

My father-in-law has lymphoma. the doctors say it is stage 4. how short is his time?
he was taken to the VA hospital last night. his blood oxygen was way down (71). they gave him a transfusion and he is on oxygen. he looks yellow. he wants to go home because he doesn't want to ...

Group of blood vessels grouped together to form a tumour called?

I was diagnosed this week with CLL. How do I tell my 13 year old daughter?
Stage 3, have not yet begun any treatment. I am still in shock..please, any suggestions on how to tell my daughter? We are very close and she knows nothing up to this point, other than I was not ...

My biopsy results came back and they said it's not mild, what does this mean?
I had a biopsy done and all they could tell me over the phone is that it is not mild. What is a mild result and what could I have if it is not mild? Could I have precancerous cells or could I have ...

Breast Cancer........?
I think i found a lump in my breast, but im not to sure, i know there is a way u can check ur self.. but im just not to sure how to do it, could some one PLEASE tell me how to do it myself.... also ...

What are your suggestions for healing cancer?
For you are a part of my God!

Healing be unto you and yours and me and mine
In Forgive Affirmed Spirit
~skahhh
Additional Details

Can you smoke insense?
Will it effect your body
if you put a plaster at the bottom and inhale will it act as ...

Why is there blood in my stool?

Any ideas>?
I had a tumor taken out of my body when i was 5 months old.... i have one kidney now and cant play very many sports..... anyone have any suggestions? i need a hobby.... my father told me they also ...

Mom might have breast cancer?
My mom told me her mammogram came out abnormal.
She said she has to go back next week to do another.
i'm afraid she might have breast cancer, i've been crying all night.
She ...

Why won't the pharmaceutical companies promote the cure for cancer that has been found in DCA?
Look it up. http://www.dca-dichloroa...

Sometimes my breasts hurts, is that a sign for cancer??
I mean what are the signs for having breasts cancer??...

Why do they say ''He or She LOST their fight with Cancer''?
How could they say they lost the fight with cancer. Some cancers you can't control and they're almost impossible to beat yet they say ' they lost their fight with cancer' as if ...

Hair falling down is this cancer?
well my friends hair is falling down and she wants to know if its cancer?...

Ashley
Should cigarette smokers be refused medical treatment for lung cancer if they continue smoking?

pipi_lollipop
No I'm a smoker, and the 800%. tax & pay on tobacco funds the NHS, curing not jut smoking related diseases. In fact, obesity costs the NHS more than smoking but they don't tax fatty foods or stop treatment unless you lose weight.

donna r
what a stupid question,

ā¯‚ BlueBerry ā¯‚
Of course not. Smoking cigarettes is an addiction, and an addiction is a disease per se. We all should help sick / ill people no matter what, don't you think so ??

MJane21
yes. especially when we are told the risk today and there help out there to stop smoking

andrew f
They should be given treatment ONLY if THEY pay for it.

This is especially vital in countries (like Australia) where scarce public health resources are expended on people whose reckless acts caused the problem.

This also applies to drunk drivers, drugged drivers, excessive speeders and illegal drug users.

Chloegirl7
Rating
No, they should not be refused medical treatment. But what about insurance coverage if they contiue to add to their ailment by smoking?

NEW
no -- because these people do not have brains.

ladybugewa
It's an addiction, remember? That means for a lot of smokers quitting is next to impossible. I think the only way they can refuse me treatment for the cancer is if they provide free detox for nicotine like they do for other addictive substances.

Lotte T
Rating
Should alcoholics be refused medical treatment for liver diseases if they don't stop drinking? Should people who live on junk food be denied treatment for heart-related diseases if they continue eating unhealthy foods. And what about AIDS and people who wont use condoms?? You get my drift.... Or is it only smokers that should be "punished"?

palaver
Rating
Right after the morbidly obese folks

cuccumber
Rating
I look at this way, roughly over a million is spent on funding research work for cancer of all kind including lung cancer, where does these money come from to the governament , by the tax smokers paying ,and from the tax alcoholics paying, so our governament is very funny ,in the first place why should they give licence? it is business...even smokers are alos paying medical insurence, is deniying treatment for them is justified ? when u successfully complete ur medical degree u take oath that u will save the life of a patient irrespective gender,age,race,caste so ,they need special care i think ,they need special attention

alexajbully
Rating
Absolutely, if they aren't paying for their treatment themselves. If they are paying for treatment themselves then I guess it's their choice if they want to flush loads of money down the toilet over a filthy habit. I don't imagine that any right-minded insurance company would cover it if they actually knew that the patient was a smoker. Then again...I see stupid stuff all day long.

The next problem that I have with this is that there are probably thousands of people waiting on a transplant list who don't smoke and if the medical treatment consists of lung transplant then I really have a problem it. My daughter has cystic fibrosis and it is realistic to imagine that she will likely need a lung transplant by the time she is 25 or 30...I would kill the smoker on the transplant list above her with my bare hands if it came to that.

Sandy
No we shouldn't be refused treatment, we need help . I'm a smoker {30 years} and not proud but it is an addiction just like drugs,alcohol and gambling. I have really tried to stop smoking but failed and i wish there is something i can take or do that would REALLY help me.

Cool Guy
fantastic thoughts keep it up my answer....... yes

BeautifulFairy
Rating
WHY DON'T YOU TELL MY PAPA THAT? HE HAS LUNG CANCER AND GETTING TREATMENT FOR IT. IF THEY WANT TO KEEP ON SMOKING IS IT BOTHERING YOU?

SHOULD YOU DENY A PERSON THAT HAS AIDS FROM TREATMENT OR A DRUG ADDICT WANTING HELP?

SHOULD A PERSON THAT DRINKS AND NEEDS A LIVER SHOULD THEY NOT RECIEVE A TRANSPLANT (WHEN THEY HAVE STOPPED DRINKING BUT WAS ONCE A DRUNK?)

wearytraveler47
Rating
No, the tobacco companies should pay for their treatment. This would be no different than someone who had eaten too much fat and had gallstones and refused treatment, or someone with no insurance refused treatment, or illegal aliens refused treatment. I believe cigarettes should be outlawed, but then, I would not like something I partake in made illegal. Cigarettes are an addiction just like drugs, or coffee, or soda, or eating too much. I feel sorry for people who smoke. My husband quit 30 years ago and it was the hardest thing he has ever done.

fjgc73
YES, and if you drink cola beverages you should not be treated for stomach cancer, or if you go to six flags you should not get aid for medications for flu, and if you are gay you should not get a treatment for hemorrhoids.........

MojoMan
No.

lokolobo
Rating
No.. But if insurance is flipping the bill it should be priced just like most other insurance cost.. if your a bad driver you pay much more.. if your doing things that you know will make you sick you should have to pay more..
High risk = high price... it's your choice...

rinah
If medicine is all about saving lives where possible, and if smokers PAY to get medically treated, then I think your suggestion is not feasible.

robertspraguejr
The only thing I would add is that smokers often pay higher medical insurance premiums.

sugarmagnolia91
I don't think that would be fair, they are paying for treatment. I think a fair solution would be to quit manufacturing cigarettes.

pulmonaryft
they should still get medical treatment just like everyone else. I am a respiratory major and trust me people smoke all the time even if they are dying. Depending on how bad the lung cancer is they are going to die anyways, why not let them smoke if they want to? If you're going to die you may as well die happy! I mean Pepsi is bad for you but some people want one before they die, it may do them more harm than good..but hey it's what they want

Kashish
No, coz they r also human beings & even if they want 2 leave it they cant coz they r smoke addict & they cant help being addicted

DREAK
Should construction workers be refused treatment when they walk into the hospital with a nail through their hand, or a kid when he shoves a crayon up his nose.....with the amount of tax that smokers pay for their habits.....let'em smoke and be cared for when they die just like anyone else.

Im a smoker.....Im an idiot, but I also use a cell phone, a microwave and live within 5km of power lines.....which one gave me the cancer????

I somehow doubt that people with colon cancer have been smoking out of their asses.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy