Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Smoking Gives you Cancer, What about Natrual Smoke, Camp Fires, Weed, Ect...ect?
My friends and I were having a discussion, we all know smoking gives you cancer, has been for many years, we all know that.

What about Weed, Its Natural, and I remember hearing something ...

World cancer day?
AS TODAY IS WORLD CANCER DAY GIVE SOME TIPS...

Is cancer infectious desease?

My father-in-law has lymphoma. the doctors say it is stage 4. how short is his time?
he was taken to the VA hospital last night. his blood oxygen was way down (71). they gave him a transfusion and he is on oxygen. he looks yellow. he wants to go home because he doesn't want to ...

Group of blood vessels grouped together to form a tumour called?

I was diagnosed this week with CLL. How do I tell my 13 year old daughter?
Stage 3, have not yet begun any treatment. I am still in shock..please, any suggestions on how to tell my daughter? We are very close and she knows nothing up to this point, other than I was not ...

My biopsy results came back and they said it's not mild, what does this mean?
I had a biopsy done and all they could tell me over the phone is that it is not mild. What is a mild result and what could I have if it is not mild? Could I have precancerous cells or could I have ...

Breast Cancer........?
I think i found a lump in my breast, but im not to sure, i know there is a way u can check ur self.. but im just not to sure how to do it, could some one PLEASE tell me how to do it myself.... also ...

What are your suggestions for healing cancer?
For you are a part of my God!

Healing be unto you and yours and me and mine
In Forgive Affirmed Spirit
~skahhh
Additional Details

Can you smoke insense?
Will it effect your body
if you put a plaster at the bottom and inhale will it act as ...

Why is there blood in my stool?

Any ideas>?
I had a tumor taken out of my body when i was 5 months old.... i have one kidney now and cant play very many sports..... anyone have any suggestions? i need a hobby.... my father told me they also ...

Mom might have breast cancer?
My mom told me her mammogram came out abnormal.
She said she has to go back next week to do another.
i'm afraid she might have breast cancer, i've been crying all night.
She ...

Why won't the pharmaceutical companies promote the cure for cancer that has been found in DCA?
Look it up. http://www.dca-dichloroa...

Sometimes my breasts hurts, is that a sign for cancer??
I mean what are the signs for having breasts cancer??...

Why do they say ''He or She LOST their fight with Cancer''?
How could they say they lost the fight with cancer. Some cancers you can't control and they're almost impossible to beat yet they say ' they lost their fight with cancer' as if ...

Hair falling down is this cancer?
well my friends hair is falling down and she wants to know if its cancer?...

Which are the only animals who don't get cancer?

Additional Details
there are 3...

Does she have skin cancer?
my mom has something on her foot that kinda looks like a large pimple. she has had this for a few months but it was very small. now it is 4 times that size. she will go to the doctor soon probley. ...

How the hell can Coca Cola cause Cancer?
How the hell can a soft drink cause Cancer?...

Daniel K
Question on smoking?
I smoke around 2 - 3 marlboro red ciggerates everyday. Obviously its going to effect my body, but how severely do you think it will effect me? Also I started about a year and a half ago.
Additional Details
I'm also on and off with ciggerates, every month or so I don't even do any.

♥ ♥ ♥
Rating
That`s bad.
Did you know? Ciggarettes are made out of CAR GAS AND NAIL POLISH??!!!!
And all that car gas and nail polish went into your mouth! It`s kind of disgusting don`t you think?
It will severely affect your lungs. You might have cancer.
Live Life to the fullest. Try to be drug-free.

innocent
Rating
it would distroy most of ur good cells and would would die from smoking.

duckie
Well besides it takes 7 minutes off your life, it actually starts to effect your lungs and make it impossible to breathe after a while, and you give yourself a good chance of getting so many different types of cancer.

mannliz
READ THE PACKET.

Michelle S
Hmm.... let's see.... smoking cigarettes. Shall we make a list?
-CANCER-- of the lung, larynx (voice box), oral cavity, pharynx (throat), esophagus, bladder, pancreas, cervix, kidney, stomach, liver, colon, etc.
-Emphysema (hey, breathing isn't that important right?)
-Heart disease
-Aneurysms
-Bronchitis
-Stroke
-Buergers disease (this is particularly pretty, basically your extremities don't get enough circulation and rot and have to be amputated)
-Impotence
Is that enough? We could also add in the fact that it makes you stink and age prematurely. Do we need to go on and on? Seriously. I can't believe you have to ask this question with all of the information about smoking that is available today.

adrienne95070
It doesn't matter how little or infrequently you smoke, smoking at all makes you a smoker and puts you at risk for all health problems related to smoking. If you quit now you can probably undo all the damage in a few months or years.

spindymindi
as a smoker of 17 years>>>STOP NOW DUMMY
i wish i could stop for a month <id stop for good>
it gets SOOOmuch harder w/ years of smoking and at 28 i cant even excersize or run with my dogs because i smoke
i know you wont listen but maybe in 15 years when your an a$$ cuz you outta cigs and no $ maybe youll wish youd listened
by the way my3 aunts and two uncles are dieing now with CANCER my granny and pawpaw have died from cancer
youd think id stop but im SOOO addicted
good luck

the crusader
It actually depends on your genetics. Each person has their own level of tolerance to all stimuli, including cancer. Notice how some families tend to have cancer running through them. Someone could only smoke one cigarette in their lifetime and get cancer, while someone else could smoke 3 packs a day (unfiltered!), and live to be 105! I wouldn't worry about the little bit that you smoke, though. There's far more pollution from automobiles and other things in the air that you breath daily.

Joseph M
Very. There are tremendous side effects like lung cancer and stuff that will kill you.

Lexi2717
hate to dis u buddy but...QUIT! then u wont have any self inflicted health problems. ciggerates kill.

deeno1955
Quit while you are ahead!!! I started the same way over 30 years ago, I still smoke about 8 a day. I would like to quit and wish I had never started. IT IS DANGEROUS!!!

blah
Rating
smoking is going to do lots of damage to your body if you want to know the exact effects you can watch this video on how every cigarette does damage

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wiC6yi0wmUo

Jennifer Genuine.
it's definately not as bad as it could be. but still it's really not good for you. just because you don't smoke a alot, doesn't mean that you can't get cancer.

COOKIE
Rating
very nice; it takes of efford. they say that every cigatette you smoke takes 7 minutes out of your lile; that means you are taking away from your life 21 minutes of your life everyday. not bad. seroiusly. am a heavy smoker and i know how it is. now, you should try to smoke even less, and finally you would probably be smoke free which is a good thing, and that i would love to do. so let's get the nicotine replacememt patches and start right now. let's see who made a good thing for themselves!

McGillicutty
Rating
some say 1 cigarette takes 9-12 days off your life.. so if you put it that way, thats possibly 18-27 days a day.. however i dont really believe that. its good that you dont chain smoke, but you really should quit while youre ahead. dont let yourself become severely addicted or it can ruin your health. im a smoker too and am going through the same thing. i smoke maybe one a day, and some days i dont smoke any.. and i feel tons better cutting back! you dont realize how bad they make you feel until you feel healthy.

Edit:

They take effect the minute you put one in your mouth! It just might not show for 20 years but it starts as soon as you smoke!

Chici
Well, if you keep it up, you will get addicted evn more and probably start smoking a pack or more a day, which will inevitably give you lung cancer.

Bwill
Rating
Depends on your current age. I'm assuming your young mid teens.
You will eventually worsen and smoke even more unless you try to quit. Ciggerates will also take a toll on your wallet as well because they will get expensive.
It's a terrible habit and I recommend trying to stop immediately.

Amanda
Rating
eventually it'll catch up to you... you should stop

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy