Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Why is cancer so common these days. Did you know it was very rare 100 years ago.?
Please tell me why Cancer rates are so high in 2007. And appart from the obvious one NOT SMOKING how can one reduce ones chances of becoming a cancer statistic. Thank you ...

If the doctor said there was a 50/50 percent chance of a person living?
nd they were intensive care
nd the doctor said that if their heart stops they will not bring them back

do u think this person has a good chance of living?...

What do I do to be smoke free?
I've been smoking since I was very young and now that i'm in the army I think now would be a better time than any....

I have finally decided to quit smoking ,Since 01/01/2008Please Help me stay strong?

Help i have a question?
i've just found out that a girl i HATE has a tumor in her breast. i had mixed feeling about how i should feel about that. some of my friends who dont like her were laughing, i was a little bit ...

Do i have cancer??!!!!?
yesterday morning i woke up aand when i accidentaly felt my right nipple i felt this slight pain. i have this little lump thats next to the middle of my nipple and it painful when i touch it.btw im ...

Did you have a parent or spouse die of cancer? How old were they?
My mom died of over a week ago. She died on her 64th birthday. She had breast cancer, but died of sepsis. She was diagnosed 3 years ago and it seems that she suffered for about the last 4 months. ...

Why do we use sunbeds when 100 people die each yr from cancer caused by them?

Lately my left breast has been hurting extremely badly. I turn 16 in 3 months, is it possible I have cancer?
It has been hurting really badly. I have mentioned it to my mother but not in great detail. I turn 16 in about 3 months but is it possible that i may have breast cancer....

How do you get through a loved one suffering badly from cancer?
It's so sad. He has been battling cancer for over 2 years now. No matter what they seem to do it just seems to keep on spreading. It is now in his spine and he is in constant agony even when he ...

Why do we keep on smoking?
when we know it is really bad for ...

My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer 6 months ago, he seems to be doing well. It's hard to beleive.
It doesn't seem to me like he's only got six months left. How does cancer progress, is it very quick at the end. His cancer is Unknown primary, which means they don't know where it ...

Will I get cancer?
My mom had cancer many times about two years ago, when I was in fifth grade. And I heard that its something you are born with and you inherit from your parents.
Be flat out honest. Am I really ...

There are two cases and you can only choose one. Here they are:?
In one case, there is one billion dollars. In another, there is a vial with the cure for cancer. Your mother has cancer. Would you take the one billion dollars which you would split with you mother ...

Why are cigarettes legal to buy?
I feel cigerettes are just as harmful to ones health as many other drugs, it is a controlled substance, and it causes cancer to others, if one smokes crack and stops there is no after effects, if you ...

Should smoking be banned in public places?
i have an paper to write and i want some opinions....

Why does california think everything will cause cancer

Additional Details
It seems theres so many things that say WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to teh state of C...

Is smoking the only thing that that gives us cancer?
what about all these new waves that are passing through us at any time. stick a reciever in your head and you can listen to the radio watch tv and access the internet! lets not get started on what ...

I've been smoking for likea year or so think i have lung cancer?

If you were around people in a closed invironment smoking pot, would that show up on a drug test?

O.T.T
Non smokers ,what are your principles on buying cigerettes for someone?
non smokers,would you get someone cigerettes if they asked you?
Additional Details
I am glad people are as adverse to smoking as I am.

dragondrums
No way, I am not going to help anyone kill themselves or harm others who have to inhale their second hand smoke.

Ladyfromdrum
Rating
No - let them get on with their slow suicide unassisted by me!

kikime
Rating
I buy them for my parents.
(They have good life insurance in my name!) LOL;)
I'm just kidding!

babygirl
Rating
Well I am way to young to smoke but the other night we had to buy some cigarettes w/o him being there. I think that it is fine as long as its legal and they are the legal age.

Depp
Rating
I don't want to buy cigarettes so don't buy them for anyone... I have bought 1 packet of cigarettes once for my best friend when I was 16... I felt really stupid and didn't want to do it again.

It's not a moral thing for me because as someone else said, if they want to smoke, they're going to anyway, my opinions on cigarettes can't stop me from buying them for my friend... they know my opinions, and have made their own choice.

They know the dangers and they still choose to smoke, why would I make someones life more difficult just because I personally don't want to smoke?

The only reason I don't buy cigarettes is because I feel stupid going up and asking for them...

midnightmoon62
As a smoker I wouldnt even buy others cigerrettes. If you are dumb enough to smoke, you are certainly smart enough to pay for your own habbit.

As far as making the purchase for someone underage. I have done this before, for my cousin. But, I was living with my aunt and she flat out told me to, so...

Now, as a nonsmoker, I wont even make the purchase and am definatly not forking over the money. Actually as a non smoker, I wont even allow others to smoke around me. If I am somewhere that I really cant demand that (at someone elses house, for example.. I cant demand they dont smoke in their own house) I will excuse myself til the cig is out.

Signorina R
Ya, right! I know this is bad, but in my country smokers still don't care about us, they torture us with their smoke. So: if you wish me cancer, why do I stop you to get it? (we talk about the cigarettes they won't smoke near me)

Cheryl S
Rating
No, I don't want to enable the behavior.

Jen
No way.. Why promote something so disqusting!

kiku
Nope. Let them kill themselves - but I'm not aiding and abetting their demise.

Maxin B John
No problem. Your ideas and thoughts belongs to you alone.

Andrew H
The answer to that is if you were a non drinker would you not buy someone a beer in the pub, or buy someone a bottle of wine?

I'm a non smoker, but at the end of the day it's each to his own.

cheekybear
Rating
Yes, its all down to personal choice...I'm overweight and I'm sure my friends would offer to buy me cheese(mmm!) if I asked them...although I manage to avoid it most of the time!

Alfirin06
Rating
If my best friend asked me to pick some up for her then I would. Its her life and she can make her own decisions. However I have been asked by kids in the street and I always say no.

paul r
Rating
god these wet lefties make me sick.
cigarettes are not illegal !!!!!!
yet people babble on about "noxious weed's", "never", "let them kill themselves".
grow up!
they've made it illegal in pubs now... so i could blow smoke in your face in the street, but not amongst consenting adults in a pub?!
i gave up 10 years ago, i just can't stand all this holier-than-thou crepe.
i'm considering taking it u[p again, just to pss you all off!!!

£5 in the local shop, £3 at duty free... of course i would buy cigarettes for someone.

J B
Rating
I would NEVER buy cigarettes for someone. I would be struggling mentally with the thoughts that I am contributing to an addiction that may eventually kill this person. I personally cannot live with that.

DENNIS P
Providing it's legitimate no problems what ever

WhereTheBuffaloRoam
Rating
This always irked me when my ex ex gf would ask me to buy her the benson and hedges cigarettes. Hated it.

I think its a huge waste of money and I won't do it.

Plus my mum died of lung cancer. I won't date smokers.

Aaron A
Rating
i probably would, as long as they asked nicely, and were of legal age. not my life there screwing is it?

Q Q Baloch
Rating
ya

aimlessarmydude
Rating
as long as they were of legal age...sure

they're gonna get them regardless

Byron
Rating
Sure....I do all the time.

genghis41f
Rating
My answer would be no.

I have a serious aversion to cigarettes. I can't even touch them when they're out of the packet! I have had mates ask me to hold their cigarette when they've got something urgent to do or they don't have a spare hand, but I simply can't touch them. I could never buy them for someone else. It's not because I morally won't, it's because my mind won't let me. It is like I see them as poisonous or addictive to the touch (even though I know they aren't!)

My friends respect the fact that I can't touch them (even though it's strange), so they never ask me any more.

cunny
Rating
Never

cally l
Rating
NO!!!! seeing smoking has given me a life threatning illness

Traci
Not a hope. If someone wants to kill themselves and pollute the air they can manage just fine without my help!

Erin M
If they were of legal age in the country we were in, gave me money to buy them with, and couldn't go get themselves, sure. It's their life to live, not mine. They'd get them either way, in the end.

I wouldn't spend my own money on cigarettes, however. I find them vile, repulsive additions to the world.

mimi
Rating
are you speaking of a underage person? i quit in january. second hand smoke does not bother me and of course i would buy smokes for someone. i could care less if someone smokes. who the hell am i to judge?

avondrow
Rating
No, as a rule I would not, and this has led to some heated discussions with friends who are addicts of the noxious weed!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.164
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy