Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Sometimes my breasts hurts, is that a sign for cancer??
I mean what are the signs for having breasts cancer??...

Why do they say ''He or She LOST their fight with Cancer''?
How could they say they lost the fight with cancer. Some cancers you can't control and they're almost impossible to beat yet they say ' they lost their fight with cancer' as if ...

Hair falling down is this cancer?
well my friends hair is falling down and she wants to know if its cancer?...

Which are the only animals who don't get cancer?

Additional Details
there are 3...

Does she have skin cancer?
my mom has something on her foot that kinda looks like a large pimple. she has had this for a few months but it was very small. now it is 4 times that size. she will go to the doctor soon probley. ...

How the hell can Coca Cola cause Cancer?
How the hell can a soft drink cause Cancer?...

Wooden cutting board may cause cancer?
I heard from my friend that using wooden board for cutting vegetable may cause cancer as small wooden pieces comes out and they are not digested. Is it true?...

Breast cancer? please genuine answers only.Any other answers will be reported instantly.?
my mum has D.C.I.S,an early form of breast cancer,she is in hospital at the moment,she had a lumpectomy yesterday morning,she seemed fine in herself when we visited,she had a drain wound fitted,which ...

How can a woman who has smoked since age 16 (she's 74 now and still puffin a pack a day) not have cancer?
or other issues? My mother in law has smoked since she was 16 and she is 74 and smokes almost 2 packs a day. I know cause we buy them for her daily. (not with our money, she too feable to go in the ...

Suggestions of a great gift basket? its for my y grandpa who is on kemo for prostate cancer...?
My grandpa is on kemo for prostate cancer. He's not nauseous and still has his appetite, but is diabetic- so sending sweets is out. He is so weak and tired- I live in NY and he's in Idaho- I...

My dad just had a colonoscopy, found out he has a tumor..?
I am the daughter.. and am very worried.. My dad will find out next week if its cancerous..either way will have surgery.. The doctor who would perform the surgery has a bad rating on that medical ...

What age did you start getting mammograms?
My mom was diagnosed with stage IV at the age of 60 (she died over a week ago at the age of 64) and I was wondering if I should get a mammogram. I am in my early thirties, so I don't even know ...

How long did your loved one live after they found out they had breast cancer?
my mom recently passed away from it. Was just curious....

I have stage 3 colon cancer and want to know how many years will I live after chemo?

My mom has lung &liver; cancer 3 YRS no bowl movement for3 weeks alot of pain what can be done lots of laxative

My dog has leucemia and some cancer?Isthere anything that ican do the doctors say she will only last for only?

Additional Details
a couple of weeks!!...

What to do and eat to prevent cancer?

Has anybody had a bone scan,wot is involved please?

Please help! 4 yr old nephew has the following symtoms..?
My nephew has lost alot of weight, eyes are sunk in, will not eat hardly at all. My neice took him to the doctor and the urine test showed an abnormally high wbc in his urine. He is thirsty and will ...

Treating Cancer with Vitamin C Mega Dose 10Grams?
I have Prostate cancer spreading to Spine. I am on Calutide 50, 3 tablets a day.
One Nobel Laureate Doctor suggests that we take
Vitamin C 10Grams Mega dose to fight cancer.
Is it ...

John B
My father-in-law has lymphoma. the doctors say it is stage 4. how short is his time?
he was taken to the VA hospital last night. his blood oxygen was way down (71). they gave him a transfusion and he is on oxygen. he looks yellow. he wants to go home because he doesn't want to die in the hospital. i assume stage 4 is the final step of cancer. is it months? years? days? why won't the doctors give us a straight answer?

sugars_that_heal
Rating
I know of a natural supplement that will give him a fighting chance for survival. MIT says it will change the world of health care.

St. Louis Girl
Rating
The Stage 4 classification means that the cancer has spread outside the lymph nodes to another organ(s) in the body.There is really no way for anyone on here to say how long he has. My dad has stage 4 lymphoma and they said he may have up to 10 years left, but no way to say for sure. If your stepdad is jaundiced (skin is yellow) his liver is most likely involved, not a good thing. I wish you and your family the best and hope you get more information soon.

Char
Rating
There is no way to tell 'how long' from here.
Check this site for info:
http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/hm_lls
Best wishes to you and your father-in-law.

Superfudge
My father was diagnosed with stage IV intestinal cancer. He lasted about a year (he was 58).

My father got yellow too...it's jaundice.

Stage IV is the most advanced stage of cancer.

Your doctors should absolutely be giving you straightforward answers...that's the least they can do. If they don't, you should insist upon it.

Vera W
Rating
The Doctors won't give straight answers because they don't know.

No one can say how long a person has to live. The Doctors don't want to say that he has one week to live and he lives one year, or say he has 6 months to live and he pass away the same day.

We'll pray for you, your wife, your families, and your Father--in-Law.

mjm_hms
Stage 4 lymphoma doesn't mean the same thing as it does for other types of cancer -- some patients with stage 4 lymphoma are curable, and many/most are treatable.

That being said, it sounds like he is not doing well clinically. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let them try to get him stabilized, because advanced lymphoma is basically the only type of cancers that really is extremely treatable with chemotherapy.

David
Rating
Visit my website

www. zeolitesfordetox. com/ davidlawrence

Read the testimonials and news target

Email for more info

davrlaw@yahoo. com

Hope this helps

Jade
Hii

My Sister died cos of skin cancer the lymphoma too. The doctor said there is no cure and asked her to stay in a hospice till... they cannot tell u the time when the patient will pass on cos they cannot be held accountable for their words. Normally they would say it's the final stage and they cannot do anything else. So be mentally prepared and spend time with the patient and would advise what might happen during the final hours... the use of drugs/medication to provide temporary relief for patients... family care... etc.

my sis got real bad... grew realy realy skinny... pain wrecked her body and was bed ridden... she couldn't recognise us... went into coma for 1 month and passed away finally. Guessed normally final stages last for 1 yr (if patients are positive to 6 months.... )

So sorry to hear of ya father-in-law. PLs Stay Strong and pray! All the best to u and your family.

Richard W
Rating
every case is different, but from what you are saying, his liver is already involved. It could be a matter of days to weeks.
Once the liver shuts down completely, 2-4 days.

lisakay_tx
Stage 4 is the last stage. No one knows this but God. He will go when it is his time. Check out this site:

http://www.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/tv6964.asp?navbar=tv6923

mightymite1957
Rating
Ask for hospice care, they can make the arrangements so that he can get the care at home. If he doesn't want to die in the hospital, how can you say no? Don't wait. God bless.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy