Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Which are the only animals who don't get cancer?

Additional Details
there are 3...

Does she have skin cancer?
my mom has something on her foot that kinda looks like a large pimple. she has had this for a few months but it was very small. now it is 4 times that size. she will go to the doctor soon probley. ...

How the hell can Coca Cola cause Cancer?
How the hell can a soft drink cause Cancer?...

Wooden cutting board may cause cancer?
I heard from my friend that using wooden board for cutting vegetable may cause cancer as small wooden pieces comes out and they are not digested. Is it true?...

Breast cancer? please genuine answers only.Any other answers will be reported instantly.?
my mum has D.C.I.S,an early form of breast cancer,she is in hospital at the moment,she had a lumpectomy yesterday morning,she seemed fine in herself when we visited,she had a drain wound fitted,which ...

How can a woman who has smoked since age 16 (she's 74 now and still puffin a pack a day) not have cancer?
or other issues? My mother in law has smoked since she was 16 and she is 74 and smokes almost 2 packs a day. I know cause we buy them for her daily. (not with our money, she too feable to go in the ...

Suggestions of a great gift basket? its for my y grandpa who is on kemo for prostate cancer...?
My grandpa is on kemo for prostate cancer. He's not nauseous and still has his appetite, but is diabetic- so sending sweets is out. He is so weak and tired- I live in NY and he's in Idaho- I...

My dad just had a colonoscopy, found out he has a tumor..?
I am the daughter.. and am very worried.. My dad will find out next week if its cancerous..either way will have surgery.. The doctor who would perform the surgery has a bad rating on that medical ...

What age did you start getting mammograms?
My mom was diagnosed with stage IV at the age of 60 (she died over a week ago at the age of 64) and I was wondering if I should get a mammogram. I am in my early thirties, so I don't even know ...

How long did your loved one live after they found out they had breast cancer?
my mom recently passed away from it. Was just curious....

I have stage 3 colon cancer and want to know how many years will I live after chemo?

My mom has lung &liver; cancer 3 YRS no bowl movement for3 weeks alot of pain what can be done lots of laxative

My dog has leucemia and some cancer?Isthere anything that ican do the doctors say she will only last for only?

Additional Details
a couple of weeks!!...

What to do and eat to prevent cancer?

Has anybody had a bone scan,wot is involved please?

Please help! 4 yr old nephew has the following symtoms..?
My nephew has lost alot of weight, eyes are sunk in, will not eat hardly at all. My neice took him to the doctor and the urine test showed an abnormally high wbc in his urine. He is thirsty and will ...

Treating Cancer with Vitamin C Mega Dose 10Grams?
I have Prostate cancer spreading to Spine. I am on Calutide 50, 3 tablets a day.
One Nobel Laureate Doctor suggests that we take
Vitamin C 10Grams Mega dose to fight cancer.
Is it ...

Not sure if this has been discuss,but what would you do?
I was watching one of those 24hr news channels, and they had brought up the hpv shot. would you let your daughter get it or not. please explain....

My mouth has a bump in it. Is this a sign of Oral Cancer?
The bump is on my lip and over the past few weeks it has been getting bigger and bigger. Also, I have little white and red things on my tong and every time I brush my teeth my tong starts bleeding.<...

I think my mom smokes!?
i found a pack of cigarettes in her room and i went in her bathroom and found one in the toilet.
and there was 2 in the backyard that my little brother and sister found.

i asked her ...

Billys girl
My biopsy results came back and they said it's not mild, what does this mean?
I had a biopsy done and all they could tell me over the phone is that it is not mild. What is a mild result and what could I have if it is not mild? Could I have precancerous cells or could I have cancer? Does mild mean precancerous, because they told me its not mild. So apparantly its pretty bad. I don't know what to think. Thanks
Additional Details
I am sorry, I am new to this. Here are the details. I have had 3 abnormal pap smears. By the 3rd one my doctor referred me to get a colposcopy. I went and got it done and they took a snip of my uturis. They said this was the biopsy. They said they were going to do tests on it. I called today and the nurse said the results came back. She said I have to go in and have a consultation with the doctor and start treatments because the results came out "not mild" and "not negative" I know for sure I didn't misunderstand her because I would have known if she said anything about malignant. She said if the results came back mild or negative they would have sent me something saying this and I wouldn't have to have a consultation with the doctor. She said she couldn't discuss anything else with me over the phone. I am thinking "not mild" means something serious, but of course I am not sure.

petlover
Rating
If you have had 3 abnormal pap smears and a not-negative biopsy you need to make an appointment with the doctor to discuss what this means and treatment options. It is easier to discuss and explain in person. Sometimes they can show you pictures to discuss where the problem is and give you literature to keep because sometimes when they explain things and you are stressed it is easy to forget exactly what they said. Also in person they can make referrals, set up more tests, discuss medications and your history or whatever. Sometimes they need your written consent to proceed with stuff. And it is easier for them to know if you understand if they can see your face to see if they are explaining it ok. It is of course scary, and there could be a problem, but it might be only a little problem. But please make that appointment right away because waiting and worrying is not good for you either.

dr. JJ
i think you need to call them back because i've never heard of that term being used in such a context. without any other details such as what type of biopsy and such, it's hard to think of anything that would make sense.

knittinmama
It is so difficult to have a third party call you and give you vague information over the phone. When I had a biopsy and was waiting for the call back from my doctor I left her a voice mail telling her it was ok to call me anytime and tell me over the phone (I was at work when she told me I had cancer, but she took the time to get the ball rolling with meeting with a surgeon and oncologist right away). I would have gone stark raving bonkers having to wait until she could fit me into her schedule to tell me in person. It isn't mentally healty despite what the doctors might be taught in med school.

If you don't have an appointment for tomorrow, I would call and demand to speak to the doctor and give him/her a piece of your mind. Some doctors think it is better to tell you in person.

In the meantime, please do some research from a reliable source such as the American Cancer Society or WEBMD.

Good luck to you.

lorac
Rating
First off, change doctors, Go see a oncologist gynecologist and have her check you..they are more qualified in cases like this, You don't have to have cancer to see this kind of doctor, just go for a second opinion.. Good Luck

Fleur de Lis
Rating
If it was more serious, they would usually call you in to the office and explain your results.

jodie
Rating
Call and ask to have the doctor return your call. It sounds like there is something there that will warrant additional attention. I have already been there and they are preparing you for a diagnosis. Sometimes that just means they have found cells that are not suppose to be there or it can mean cancer which can be a level one or two and is treatable and will be eradicated. Cancer is not a death sentence. I beat it in less than a month. Good luck!

marnie
Rating
They call biopsies either hot or cold...mild I have never heard of...

treymf
Could you have misunderstood them? Maybe they said it's not malignant. That means it's not cancerous and that's more likely what they would tell you over the phone.

T-Bird
Rating
Okay first off "they" should NOT have told you that over the phone. Its scary enough getting results back and only telling you part of a diagnosis is not only wrong but immoral. I'm sure whomever told you this would like it if it happend to them.

I'm assuming your biopsy came back what they call moderate dysplasia which can mean that it just that, something that is moderatlely there in a number of forms or that whatever the diagnosis is, is that is moderate but not severe. Whatever your diagnosis is you deserve to be told in person with someone there with you to help you listen. I think you should go above whoever that was and complain. That is so tacky it makes me want to scream. Not knowing what sort of biopsy it was I can not really tell you what to look for but I hope that helped a little.

I'm praying for you! Good Luck!

Mimiat41
Rating
Call your doc tomorrow. Don't wait, because it is Friday and you will go stir crazy if you have to wait til Monday, if you put it off. I don't know what it means. I have asked my husband, who is a cancer survivor, and he never heard of it either. Please, ask them tomorrow. Best wishes to you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy