Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Suggestions of a great gift basket? its for my y grandpa who is on kemo for prostate cancer...?
My grandpa is on kemo for prostate cancer. He's not nauseous and still has his appetite, but is diabetic- so sending sweets is out. He is so weak and tired- I live in NY and he's in Idaho- I...

My dad just had a colonoscopy, found out he has a tumor..?
I am the daughter.. and am very worried.. My dad will find out next week if its cancerous..either way will have surgery.. The doctor who would perform the surgery has a bad rating on that medical ...

What age did you start getting mammograms?
My mom was diagnosed with stage IV at the age of 60 (she died over a week ago at the age of 64) and I was wondering if I should get a mammogram. I am in my early thirties, so I don't even know ...

How long did your loved one live after they found out they had breast cancer?
my mom recently passed away from it. Was just curious....

I have stage 3 colon cancer and want to know how many years will I live after chemo?

My mom has lung &liver; cancer 3 YRS no bowl movement for3 weeks alot of pain what can be done lots of laxative

My dog has leucemia and some cancer?Isthere anything that ican do the doctors say she will only last for only?

Additional Details
a couple of weeks!!...

What to do and eat to prevent cancer?

Has anybody had a bone scan,wot is involved please?

Please help! 4 yr old nephew has the following symtoms..?
My nephew has lost alot of weight, eyes are sunk in, will not eat hardly at all. My neice took him to the doctor and the urine test showed an abnormally high wbc in his urine. He is thirsty and will ...

Treating Cancer with Vitamin C Mega Dose 10Grams?
I have Prostate cancer spreading to Spine. I am on Calutide 50, 3 tablets a day.
One Nobel Laureate Doctor suggests that we take
Vitamin C 10Grams Mega dose to fight cancer.
Is it ...

Not sure if this has been discuss,but what would you do?
I was watching one of those 24hr news channels, and they had brought up the hpv shot. would you let your daughter get it or not. please explain....

My mouth has a bump in it. Is this a sign of Oral Cancer?
The bump is on my lip and over the past few weeks it has been getting bigger and bigger. Also, I have little white and red things on my tong and every time I brush my teeth my tong starts bleeding.<...

I think my mom smokes!?
i found a pack of cigarettes in her room and i went in her bathroom and found one in the toilet.
and there was 2 in the backyard that my little brother and sister found.

i asked her ...

How do you feel after smoking a cigarette?
i just want to no cause i thinking about starting.!
Additional Details
HELPPP PLEASEEE...

A question about cancer?
When you go through chemo, your hair falls out, does that mean all of your hair on your body everywhere falls out?...

Cancer patient would like to know other cancer patients opinions?
I am looking for responses from cancer patients who don't just trust their Dr's automatically. People who are keeping up on advances and researching for themselves. I moved from AZ to CA ...

Can a cell phone give you brain cancer?
im being very cautious when i use my phone and i want to know if it can....

How do you know you have lung cancer?

My mom 's face is gray is that fdrom chemo, and can she died from getting chemo?

Dianna F
Mom might have breast cancer?
My mom told me her mammogram came out abnormal.
She said she has to go back next week to do another.
i'm afraid she might have breast cancer, i've been crying all night.
She called her friend whos a doctor to look at it and he said he didnt know what it was.

what are the chances of it being cancer?
i'm really afraid.

sweeTPi
Rating
My mom had cervical cancer and she died when I was 10 four years ago. i miss her so much and this might sound weird but I still talk to her every night, just to say hi and how i am cuz I just feel like she can hear me. my brother's friends mom had breast cancer, and she's alive and well! I have never known a women with breast cancer that has died. now it's a much more common type of cancer and doctors know how to cure it easily. i'm so sorry and I hope you make it through ok! I'm praying for you.

half-jaw
Rating
just think postitive she might just have to get open heart surgery which isnt as bad as it sounds

Reachable
Don't worry. Leave it to God. Pray for God's Will to be done.

Good thing she's having mammograms.

At 33 mine showed something... i had a biopsy, it was nothing! I'm fine.

Support your mother. It's okay to be concern and worried but pray about it. You will feel so much better. I promise

domdom
Rating
Ohh.. Lets pray to god it wont happen

WE ALL LOVE OUR MOMS EVEN IF WE FIGHT

I LOVE YOU MOM!!

cathy l
there is aways that chance but it is probley nothing .if it were to be brest cancer it is sure a good thing she had it checked early dection is the answer .dont worry so much after all it wont change anything but it will make u sick so stay calm .i am sure its nothing to be afraid of .i will say a payer for your mom. be brave

Breezy365
I've had a breast biopsy myself. They say 80% of biopsies done are not cancerous, so the chances of it being cancer are really very slim. If they're just doing another mammogram, that is not a big deal. They would do something more aggresive if they thought it was something serious. They're just very cautious these days.

Lissacal
There are a few reasons why a woman would be called back for more images after a mammogram. Vary rarely, the images are of poor quality or have an artifact on them. This doesn't happen often because the mammographer checks her images before she lets the patient leave. Occasionally, the mammographer will miss something that the radiologist catches.

More often, there is an area of the image that needs further evaluation. This could be because the patient has dense breast tissue. Dense tissue appears white on the x-ray film....and so do all signs of breast cancer (both masses/lumps or calcifications). You cannot see white pathology through white, dense tissue. Sometimes, compression views are needed in these cases, just to ensure nothing is "hiding" behind that white tissue.

Other times, the radiologist sees a mass or calcifications. Many masses and different types calcifications are benign. There are special views we can take (magnification views) which will show those exact areas better. In the case of microcalcifications, these images will show the edges of the calcifications in more detail, so the radiologist can determine which type they are. In the far majority of cases, the radiologist will determine they are benign....not cancer. Even after these special views, a radiologist might ask for a breast ultrasound, and maybe even a biopsy. Even if your mom goes as far as a biopsy, around 85% of these are benign.

Worst case scenerio, your mom may eventually diagnosed with breast cancer. But, if you think about it logically, this is not life ending. It means that your mom was diagnosed early....before she had an advanced lump that she could feel. This is what regular screening mammography is designed to do! Mammography is designed to find early breast cancers, which can not be felt. The survival rate, in these cases, is about 96%!

So, it is not a bad sign to be called back for more images. It probably happens to about 1 in 10 women after their screening mammogram. Best wishes.......

q answers
I think with this disease you have to wait to see how things turn out instead of being pessimistic up front.

MadforMAC
First, please stay calm because there are many women who have "abnormal" mammograms, me included.

It can mean many things, often it is; calcium deposits or a cyst. What they will do is take other slides and most likely do an ultra sound of the area too. This give them another view.

Usually, they will want to see her again in about 6 months to monitor what is going on. If she has discharge, puckering, discoloration, inverted nipples, etc., that is time to call the doctor at once.

In the worst case, if it is breast cancer, she has a good chance of living a normal life after treatment when caught early. There are thousands and thousands of women who can verify that fact. Take care sweetheart, it will be fine, no matter what. Pray for your mom, that will help. I will pray for her and you too.

charsgizmo
Rating
Mine came up abnormal and turned out to be cyst. Infact 8 of them. (They do nothing for them...not hurtfull) They come and go and when I drink to much pop or coffee they come back.

I will not tell you not to cry. Because a good cry can be good for you. It lets out your feelings. But think about talking to your mom about your fears tomorrow. Maybe get on the computer together and see all the goofy reasons it can come up abnormal. Lol, like mine to much pop.

Chin up sweety.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy