Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Bad Breath?
I am a twelve year old boy and I have a bad taste in my mouth all the time. No matter how many times I brush my teeth I sill have a bad taste in my mouth. I have heard that this is a sign of mouth ...

Does this sound like leukemia?
I have been having weird symptoms and my friend looked online and said that I could have leukemia. These are some of the symptoms I have been having: fever, paleness, weakness, shortness of breath, ...

Why do people love to do things that they know they are going to die from it?
For example my aunty knows that she is going to die if she keep smoking but she still....

How bad is it if a person has both cancer of the colon and cancer of the liver?

Additional Details
My mother in law has it. They already removed part of her colon...then they found the liver cancer and now she needs chemo and radiation. It's pretty scary....

Does Splenda, the sugar substitute, really cause Cancer?

Is there any scientific evidence that wearing the wrong bra size can lead to breast cancer?

Is there anyway I can donate my long hair to cancer patients?
Here's a picture of how long it is:

http://i232.photobucket....

What would make a good gift for a friend suffering from Chemotherapy-induced Peripheral Neuropathy?
This person is experiencing tremendous pain in her hands and feet. The gift could also simply help her deal with her cancer situation. She's at stage 4 and things aren't looking good....

How can one use alternative therapies to suppress the growth of brain cancer ?

If your diagnosed with cervical cancer what are your chances of living?
my mother at 43 was just diagnosed with the worst strain of HPV, the one that is highest risk of causing cervical cancer. im the oldest of her 5 children and i have her first grandchild. not to ...

I'm looking for gift suggestions for a friend with cancer. .?
My friend has two young children and, very sadly, only a very small chance of survival. I want to send something meaningful. Any ideas?...

SMOKERS !!!!!!!! Y do people smoke cigarettes?
im trying to write an opinion paper and i need to know how smokers feel when they smoke

is it comforting the buzz or what is it PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD DESCRIPTION...

Do you treat people differently if you know they are sick?
This question is just of personal interest to me. At age 24, I was diagnosed with cancer (Hodgkin's Disease) and I just found out over Christmas that I've relapsed. I lost my hair during ...

My mom has breast cancer.When i found out i got really depressed. Please i need some tips?

My mom just had operation 4 braincancer but her brain is swelling. Is this a critical condition?
This is her 2nd time of removing the tumour. She looked great in the operation last time. But this time is different. Her blood pressure keeps increasing after the operation. BP is 200/ 150. I just ...

Have you ever had cancer or known someone with cancer?
I have .... I used to have leukemia and lots of my family have died through cancer....

Beside wearing sunscreen,how can u prevent skin cancer?

How long can someone live with leukemia?

What's a logical reason for not receiving treatment for cancer?
I'm supposed to be writing a one-act for my theatre class for our finals and he said he'd give extra points if we made it about cancer and submitted it to this contest thingy. I've got ...

How can we stop people from smoking cigarrets, Do you think stop planting tobacco will help them to stopsmokin

jessabelle
Is it normal to not lose your hair from chemo?
I was just wondering because I hadn't heard about anyone who didn't lose their hair from it except my dad. His hair looked a little thinner but you could barely tell, he basically had a full head of hair and was almost 60, even after chemotherapy from kidney cancer.
Additional Details
True, his hair was grey before but definitely looked lighter

Joe924
Rating
No..chemo causes hairloss.

the_silverfoxx
Rating
if you have chemo therapy. yes you will loose your hair from it. no way not to loose it the ration dose is strong

Kaley <3
My cousin had chemo and he only lost hair on a section of his head.

sunshine
it basically depends on the type of chemo that he will receive and the grade of cancer that he has. depending also on the stage that he is in. some people lose hair, some dont. i lost all my hair and it came back full and fluffy. but now its thinning out.

John R
The human body is the exception that makes the rule, it always does something to cause doctors to rethink what they do to cure people. Things happen that confound them all the time.

The Jonas Brothers Rule!!!!!
Rating
it all depends on the strength of the chemo and the type of chemo. if u have a type of chemo that makes ur hair fall out, then yes it is normal. But even if u have the type of chemo that doesnt make ur hair fall out, it could still be normal, its all about how ur body reacts to the chemo.

Katherine B
Rating
The drugs that are used in chemotherapy for kidney cancer don't typically have hair loss as a side effect. Of course it depends on the details of the cancer what regimen he was on. Hope your Dad is doing well.

Goldie
Rating
No, I never lost it. My hair did go thinner, but as I had really thick hair and loads of it, it was noticable, only to me, and those close to me. I had 6 months of chemo.

Rae
Rating
Yes, it's possible. Some people are lucky :)

zrepmd
Rating
There are many different types of chemotherapy, some of which never cause hair loss, others almost always cause hair loss. Most of the drugs which we use for kidney cancer aren't bad about hair loss.

Panda
Rating
There are different types of chemotherapy drugs . . some cause hair loss and some do not . . also sometimes the dosages or length of time the drugs are taken will affect whether hair is lost or not.

If your father has kidney cancer he is probably taking one of the targeted therapy drugs . .either sorafenib tosylate (Nexavar) or sunitinib malate (Sutent). Both these chemotherapies affect proteins found in the tumor and do not always cause hair loss . . although the hair may thin . . or the hair may lose pigmentation and turn white.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy