Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Is a mole that changed from brown/black to a white flaky hard dangerous?

What happens after biopsy? if it shows that it is cancer does the gyno do more biopsies or what?

Additional Details
i am asking because when i made my open to get the results for the biopsie the lady asked if i would be on my period.(as if i was going to be examined again.)...

Anyone have throat canser?? If so what are you symptoms?

Pls... i need info on Cancer urgently.. provide link if possible..?

Can people who can easily tan under the sun, can still get skin cancer?

Liver biopsy?
hi do u need to fast 4 a liver biopsy??? what is it??...

Does anyone know why I have this bad feeling in my brain?
When ever I put a straight thought in my brain and am happy, there is a pressure that comes to my brain and makes me feel sad and weak does anyone know why this happens, could it be because of a ...

Is Breast Cancer is heriditary? From what stage of the family?

Could i have a brain Tumor?
recently my mother said that she thought my right eye was starting to have a cross eyd look because it seemed to be moving closer to the left. She is the only one that has noticed this because ...

Whay would you do if you found out you had a Brain Tumor? Serious replies please?

Additional Details
I'M 33 NO CHILDREN NEVER MARRIED SINGLEAND JUST HAD 6 PEOPLE DIE IN THE LAST YEAR IN A HALF...

Name one thing thats wrong with legalizing marijuana for medical use, like for end stage cancers, etc.?

Additional Details
If it helps people live a better quality of life for a few weeks/months, who are the rest of us to condemn this action? when we are living healthy lives and don'...

Can someone tell me the symptoms of pancreatic cancer?

Is lukemia a disease that you can get by scraping an open wound over a pavement covered in blood?

I have a lump... help?
I found a lump in the middle of my chest between my two breasts. Its more on the left side. I noticed it a couple months ago but forget about. It has me worried lately and I keep thinking of the ...

Do you think a cure for Cancer will be found soon?

Where u from?

Liver diease?

Tattoo for leukemia survivor...?
My girlfriend was diagnosed with cancer almost two years ago but now is a survivor, she wants to get a tattoo with an orange cancer ribbon and wings but she is having a hard time coming up with one ...

What are the main symptoms of cancer?
My mom has a disease that might lead into cancer. I would really appreciate if someone helped me find out the main symptoms to look for just incase....

Why do some people get cancer?

carol
Is excessive bleeding from the nose a sing of leukemia?

j h
Rating
many many things cause this including genetic tendancies.... i have a certain native american genetic tendency that makes boys in our family have nose bleeding problems (very often & a lot of blood) until we reach puberty

Rednate
Leukemia is cancer of white blood cells (leukocytes) that are not directly involved in controlling blood flow during hemorrhage.

I stand corrected. Thank you midnight. Low platelet counts can often be associated with leukemias, however that is not always the case and the word leukemia is not a synonym for thrombopenia. Rather reduced platelets can be secondary to the leukemia, but yes a sign. It is much more likely that excessive bleeding from the nose is due to something else.

But again, thanks to another answerer, I see my error.

Nicky
I used to have nose bleeds a lot as a kid. My mother would take some keys ( like the ones you use to open doors), tie them on a string and hang them down my back. The cold metal would keep my body chill enough to slow down the bleeding and also prevent more bleeding. I used to bleed a lot. I do not have lukemia.

AH
Rating
could be if leukemia is present and advancing as other cell lines can become affected. Get your platelet count checked. While you're at it, get screened for Von Willibrand's or Factor 5 Leiden deficiency.

knittinmama
Rating
My brother used to suffer frequent nose bleeds until he was finally diagnosed with a deviated septum.

missilverspoon
Rating
no particulary. My brother in law had a heart problem which caused him to have nose bleeds quite frequently.

midnightmoon62
First, rednate is incorrect, as most leukemia patients have severaly low platelet counts, making excessive bleeding a symptom.

HOWEVER, there are many causes of nose bleeds including snorting drugs, using any kind of nose spray, huffing, dry skin, deviated septum as someone else mentioned, infection in the nose, high altittudes, high bp, ect...........

Go to a doc before you get all worked up, it is likely no big deal

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy