Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

My Uncle Is Dying of Cancer? Only Has Hours To Live...?
My entire family is extremely sad and depressed about the cruel painful slow dying of my Uncle (my mother's brother). I feel so horrible, I can't stop crying. The hospice care worker told ...

What would you do if someone said....... ?
I have Cancer?...

How do I tell my 6 yr that her grandfather has cancer and it's terminal.?
He is getting sicker by the day and isn't expect to live more than a few months....

Casn a 13 year old get thyroid cancer?
please im 13 and had swollen glandsand recently found a lil lump i dont wanna ...

My mother is sick with cancer, she is unable to work,she has no insurance and no medical card.how do I help?
If we try to get a medical card It takes 4mo. she cant wait 4mo.
Additional Details
im a grown woman with 2 kids and yes we are us citizens. no medical card because public aid takes 4mo. ...

You believe that one day the mankind will win a cancer?
do you believe? Why?
Additional Details
against cancer, sorry....

What is an oncologist?
define ...

Grief? Mom just died?
my mom died 2 months ago, i need some personal support. does anyone know a place where i can get some support? or do you have any comforting advice? also, i am only 14..my brother is 8 but he acts ...

What is the medical term for individuals who think that they have every disease and nothings wrong with them?
i think that i am like that.as soon as something hurts i think i have cancer or if i use a public bathroom and dont even touch the toilet i sometimes feel that i contracted h.i.v and the list gos on ...

Is it really true that wearing ur bra to sleep causes breast cancer?
my friend told me it does but i'm not sure i belive it. cause i dont know how just wearing that can cuz something like that to ...

Why do people smoke when they know that they can get all types of cancer from cigarettes and die?

My aunt has cancer and it is all through her body.my mother-in-law says it is stage 7.what does that mean?
bleeding inside and seeing things that aren't ...

People with Cancer?
What is the correct way to refer to someone with cancer?

Victim?
Sufferer?

I'm doing a seminar on cancer, but am at a loss when it comes to referring to them.
<...

I'm 19, is it possible for someone my age to have BREAST CANCER?
my left breast has been hurting me and i think i have a cyst (at least i hope its just a cyst)....

A friend who had cancer recently passed away,she knew her time was up because she saw a shadow on the wall..i?
i am still puzzled by the "shadow"..she had looked after other sick people all her life and saw the shadow then.Seroius answers only!...

What is melanoma?

Additional Details
No i definetely know it can mean smth else besides skin cancer (thats what i thought before) and what is CT and MRI scans? has anb heard that biopsy can spread cancer?...

My mom's Breast Cancer Stage IV question?
the doctor said she was already incurable :(( does it mean she will just die??

pls help

right now she is just continuing her chemo's and checkup's and med's

I think i might have testicular cancer?
i have a lump on one of them and read about the symptoms and have some of them too. I know i should get it checked but am q bit scared and hate hospitals. I want to tell my parents but not sure how ...

My dad had cancer whats the chance of me developing it??
he had testicular cancer about a 2 years ago he is approaching the age of 42!whats the chances of me getting it.i seem 2 develop conditions from him eg.acne through teenage years im only 15 by the ...

What would you do if your brother had cancer?
My brother, of 19, is in hospital with cancer and has less than 12 months to live, what would you do if he was coming home for christmas?...

ILoveNj
Im sad my dad has lung cancer?
he is getting surgery like in 4 days and i know he will pull thru but the doctors say theres a risk invovled

robtiger2
So did you have a question? Yes of course there are risks, as with any surgery, and yes chances are he will pull through. but lung cancer is very very serious, and odds are it will eventually take him.. has he quit smoking yet? I hope so and wish you the very best. Talk to a hospice nurse, they are angels and can offer so much hope to both patient and family... good luck to you both.

starrwoode
Rating
all surgery has a risk rick is almost 75, he had half a lung out at 74, hes fine now.

traveller534
Hi, what is the type of tumor I don't know but if it's a large cell type, and if he had not metastasis, the operation may be curative, (radiotheraphy may be required after operation) , Think positive as you can and don't lost your hope, God bless you and your father

♥Shannan♥
Rating
I totally know where you are coming from. I just found out that my dad has lung cancer (stage 3). He had surgery Monday and pulled through the surgery just fine. It took about an hour longer than they thought b/c they found a little more than they anticipated to. There are always risks when having any surgery.

After the surgery he had a couple set backs. Just be there when ever you can. I have been with my dad every night. As soon as I get off work, I drive an hour to the hospital and sit there with him and get home late. I don't even see my family here at home anymore. It will be a long and exhausting road for everyone involved. I hope you have someone there with you. You will need it. I have been going there myself and it is hard. Some days are better than others. This week has been the worst week of my life. I cry all the time.

And it is ok to talk about it, but in my case, my dad doesn't want to hear about it alot. It is scary for everyone and he doesn't want it to be all we talk about. He wants to hear about what is going on with everyone else.

Good luck to you and your family. Stay strong. Sam

mama
Rating
turn your negative into a positive. educate people about it and what can cause or prevent it. maybe you can prevent people from the enduring this in the future.

Shannon V
on any kind of surgery there is always risks. i hope everything goes well for him.

jan2856mjm
sorry to hear your dad has lung cancer.there are risk with any surgery,i'm sure he will do fine.being ther for him will help more than anything.you & he are in my prayers.god bless

Eldude
Life alone is a risk.

We just learned my Dad may live 3 minutes or 3 years. Everyday is a blessing and every time the phone rings, we wonder.

Commander
Rating
I don't know if you or your dad believe in God and in his Holy Word but would you mind if we including my church prayer for him??
In my church we believe in the power of prayer...

Bunny2x
Rating
That's life. But you're still lucky you still have more time to share with him, but not me, I've lost my father 6 years ago and never have a chance to show him how much I care. Let's pray and hope for the best.
God bless.

happydawg
Just pray and have faith. Your dad is probably very scared and needs your love and support.
My dad always told me to go to a private place and pray and open up my heart to God and ask him for what I needed and he would answer my prayers.
Maybe this would be a good idea for you right now. You can ask God for anything. You dont have to say a fancy prayer or do anything big about it, just your single voice is heard.
Prayers to you and your dad, Keep us posted.

candface1
Rating
Sorry to hear that your father has Lung cancer I believe that your father will be find. I keep your father in my prayer

cutiepie81289
Rating
There is always risks involved with surgery. I hope he will be alright. Being by his side will mean so much to him.

Kalboy
For any question or someone to talk to, call 1(800)4CANCER. This is the "voice" of the National Cancer Institute (aka - Cancer Information Services)

http://www.cancer.gov/cancerinformation

maethoriel
Rating
The doctors always have to say theres a risk involved, because there's a risk in everything. Did they catch the lung cancer early? If so it'll be much easier to treat, and they'll probably be able to get rid of it.

I know it's hard to go through something like this. My mom had breast cancer when I was in... third grade, I think, I can hardly remember. After surgeries and chemotherapy, it went away... only to come back in the lungs and bone my freshman year of high school. They gave her two years at most to live. The chemotherapy got rid of the cancer once again, until just last summer she started coughing again... The good news is, the chemotherapy is still working, and it's already been four years since they said she would only live two. Don't give up hope, no matter what the doctors say, because without hope you have nothing. I'll be praying for you!

tiff
Rating
I know its scary for you. I will keep you in my prayers best wishes for you all!!!

polkahaunis
theres always a risk involved when sergery is involved always tell him how much you love him hold his hand and talk about good times and how much you appreciate him and love him when hes gone it will be verry sad and hard for you but we all have to experence death lung cancer is verry bad and painfull and verry hard to cure iam praying for you and your dad GOD bless you both and dont forget that GOD is good and didnt cause his cancer never blame GOD hes going to be with you both always

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy