Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Does chemotherapy cause a significant amount of weight gain?
I ask this question because my oncologist said that I will gain weight during chemo treatment but she says that it will be less than 5lbs. I have a feeling that I may gain more weight than just 5ibs....

Does anybody know anyone that has died from lung/kidney cancer?
How does it start to affect that person? and how long are they expected to live?...

Help really bad stomache pain?
I woke up this morning and my upper stomache started hurting really bad, yesturday I didn't eat breakfast, but I ate a sandwich for lunch and chineese for dinner, later I snacked on my left over ...

Is it possible?
Is it possible for someone with Stage 4 cancer to recover? I have a friend whose father is suffering from Stage 4 cancer and he's undergoing chemo now. He was stuck in hospital for a long time ...

Could it be cancer?
last night my partner found a hard pea sized lump on the top of the bridge of his nose. im worried its cancer wot else could it be?...

Do you think there's an actual effort to finding a cure for cancer ?(read on)?
You guys do realize that a lot of people profit from all the money that's put into the RESEARCH and TREATMENTS for cancer. A cure would ultimately defeat that purpose.

You need to ...

Cancer Donations?
Can someone give me sites where you can donate money or anything to Cancer research?...

I have a lump in my breast and schuled for a breast aspiration..I am sick about the whole thing but scared to?
I am scared so terribly of the needle going in my breast...they said this is probably nothing is that true? Any one been through this?...

Dad advice about smoking.?
My dad lied to me when i was six and i believed him he said he stopped smoking. i later found out he has a pack of ciggarets every week i am very sad because his dad died of lung cancer. i don't ...

Nervous about lung cancer!!!!!!?
I am 35 years old. My mother died of lung cancer one year ago. She didnt have any symptoms, just got sick one day, we took her to the hospital, she was diagnosed and died 6 months later. She had ...

Do we have the right to die?
in case of cancer patient, do we have the right to die?...

Does ur chest get smaller wen u get breast cancer??
Plz answer this, is very important!!...

UK What should my friend do about her cancer?
She had an operation for cancer some time ago, now they say it's back. They told her she should have chemo a few weeks ago, then she went to an outpatients clinic thinking it was to sort out the ...

Don't you think worse than havin cancer to die from would be Alzheimer's?
Just watched an old movie that i had never seen before with Mia Farrow and Martin Sheen and i was spellbound to what this woman was going through. I had rather die from anything but having my brain ...

angelans4
If someone is diagnosed with breast cancer, on average, how long does it take before they start treatment?

Anne C
Usually it begins right after they have healed from surgery... if they have surgery. For me, I was operated on in August and did not get my first treatment till the end of November. But I had complications when they put in my infusaport. So it really depends on the individual and the oncologist. If I can help in any other way, please let me know.

Diane T
Once your cancer is fully diagnosed and any surgeries you need are done, you start right away. My treatment started about 4 weeks after my last surgery. I had to heal from surgery since during radiation treatment you need to put you arm over your head. But if you are getting chemo instead you can start soon after the diagnose comes back.

Lynne C
Rating
I was diagnosed in January 2004. I had inflammatory breast cancer and was scared to death. I had my first chemo treatment in March 2004 and my last in July 2004, surgery in August and radiation from September to November of 2004.

Parrot Eyes
Rating
It usually takes at least a few weeks - for the cancer to be properly assessed, the right tests to be taken, and a second opinion so that you know you're on the right track.

All treatment plans are different but they will give a rest of at least two weeks between phases of treatment- chemo, surgery, radiation.

cinqsou
4 to 6 wks. usually.. Depends on whether you need surgery & the healing period for that. Once that is out of the way & you have recovered from it somewhat, if chemo is planned that comes next. Yet some have radiation before surgury too. I have found there are a number of approches to the treatment so the timing could be different too.

kathylouisehall
Rating
When I cancer 23 years ago, they got me started with radiation tx within a couple of weeks from the biopsy. As soon as the results were in, I was in the hospital for a week getting tests to see what stage I was in and the next week I was getting treatment.

I had a biopsy today of my breast and should have the results Friday. If it's bad, I expect to go straight into the hospital to see what stage I'm in and than start txs ASAP.

It seems to me that from the date of diagnosis to treatment is a very small time frame considering how serious any type of cancer is.

Panda
It depends on the type of breast cancer, the stage, the grade of the tumor, the health and the age of the patient. Sometimes treatment is started immediately depending on the seriousness of the cancer, or sometimes it is started a week or two later depending on other factors.

I can't speak directly about breast cancer, but my son started chemotherapy within two weeks of diagnosis. The delay was due to waiting for a second pathology opinion.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy