Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Can we please get something straight?
There has never been one solid link to connect smoking with cancer. If you know of just one chemical that links tobacco with cancer then please tell me as there are billions of dollars on offer to ...

If cell phones really cause cancer how long &/or how much use does it take?

How many people here personally know someone with Cancer or has Cancer themselves?

Additional Details
I am a four year survivor. I am 34....

Would you rather have a cure for cancer or have 4 men walk on the moon?
Britain and china are both planning to re visit the moon, it will cost about £1billion for each country lol. Would you rather the money be spent to find a cure for cancer?
I wouldn't, id ...

Help - why won't my mom take me to the doctor?
A few years or so back I noticed I had a small lump near my jaw bone. My parents think it's just a fatty tumor. Flash forward to a few days ago and I noticed a lump behind my life shoulder blade....

Breast Cancer!! I'm only 13?
I was wondering how to check for breast cancer. 'Cause I have pimple like lumps on my nipple. Also is it possible to get pimples on your breasts cause I've been wearing the same bra, ...

Why is CANCER so deadly?
My great-uncle died from cancer of the oesophagus (the food tube from the mouth to the stomach) It then spread to other organs, such as the heart and lungs. What makes the body decide to turn on ...

If a person is diagnosed with cancer do u think they have a right to know?
When my father was diagnosed my mother and 2 sisters felt that telling him would only make him worse. He was given 4-6 months to live and the doctors said there was nothing could be done for him. Its ...

My friend is dying of cancer- I don't know what to say to him.?

Is it wrong to not tell your family you have might have serious cancer?
I'm 22 and don't want to worry anyone. I've told a few friends about the biopsy, but not the results.
Additional Details

Is there anything now days that doesn't give you cancer?
organic food doesn't then it does, high fat diets do then don't,low fat diets do then don't. If you eat a malteaser on a Wednesday afternoon you are more likely to get cancer than if ...

Can you get lung cancer from one of your famliy members that smokes and you dont?
My dad smokes since he was 18 years old. Can I get lung cancer from him even if i dont smoke?...

I want to test out a theory about smokers.?
A co-worker and I were discussing this, and I wanted others opinions on it. I am a smoker, she quit several years ago. She think that most smokers skip breakfast, she did when she smoked and now ...

Should smokers be put to the back of the line when they wait for treatment caused by smoking.?
i think non smokers should get prefferential treatment and get operated on first as long as the op is not life threatening.smokers have brought on their own afflictions and deserve to be treated last,...

Why cant my son talk? Serious only please!!?
My son is almost 2, and he cant talk. Have you dealt with this? what is wrong with him???

If youpost anything derogitory about my son, I will flag you and send you a citation !!!!!!!!!!...

Why is life so bl@@dy cruel?
Just when i thought my life couldn't get any worse than it is already, something comes along and smacks me full belt in the face and knocks the wind out of my sails!
I lost my wonderful mum ...

You have one year to live, tops you find out 5 days before your wedding Day, Do you tell your spouse?
you get diagnosed with a terminal illness that is incureable, you find out five days before you get married, you have about a year to live and you already told them you cannot have children. Do you ...

Should cigarette smokers be refused medical treatment for lung cancer if they continue smoking?

My dad has cancer, is it wrong for me to be tired of fighting?
I understand that its really him fighting it and not me, but we have been doing this for 2 years now, dont get me wrong I DONT want him to give up, its just that this is all getting to me. Im so ...

How do you get bone cancer?

GARETH J
If i donated my organs after death,would my wife be able to have a say in who received them.?

Randy
No.

anthony.veitch1@btinternet.com
No

radio80flyer
Rating
Probably not. They would be harvested and sent to the next person on the waiting list that is your type.

midnightmoon62
Rating
No. There is a possibility that in the future she would be able to find the identity of the patients, (which is based on law and specific hosp policy, and the wishes of receiving patient).
But, will have NO say in who they go to. Why would you want to? The hosp screens out drug abusers and others who would simply waste the organs. The only other reason to dictate who they are offered to would be out of prejudicism.

However, If you are close to dyeing and there is someone specific who needs your organs and you want them to have them, you may be able to note a clause in your living will about that.

You should also note in your living will whether or not you want organs donated period. Someone above me somewhere said that once you sign that donor card, no one can over ride that. THIS IS NOT TRUE. I dont care if you have the card on you when you die, if it is on your license or what. Put it in your living will and make sure your wife is aware, keep a copy with you, with her, at your hosp, and withyour docs.

George M
Rating
no

Kissed by a Prince !
No.

MiMi ♥
Rating
no they would go on a first come first serve bases. It does not work that nicely sorry

bud
Not sure but I suppose you could sign something to say she had to be involved with what is being donated, the only thing is the organs have to be used as soon as possible or they won`t be any use

★Dancing★ ☆The ☆ ★Emu★
She would have no say in the matter. Who gets them is based on need, not who you want to get them. As far as I know, she wouldn't even be able to know who received them. But good for you for wanting to donate.

Athene1710
I don't think it works like that. I think they go to who is at the top of the list and most closely matches what's on offer.

phantomlimb7
No, your wife would not be able to direct the organ donations. Post-mortem organ donations are handled through the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), which maintains a central database of organ procurment organizations and transplant centers. Depending on where you are located, and the organ involved (as they have differing transplant times based on 'freshness') your organs will go to the local transplant center who will have the first opportunity to match you to a recipient on their list. If no one is a match, it will go to the next center and so on until a match is found.
A recipient gets an organ based on where they are on the waiting list, as well as how sick they are (what the level of their need is) Organ donors are anonymous to the recipients, and vice versa. Sometimes if the donor and recipient just happen to be in the same facility, the identity of the donor can be determined by the recipient, but this is not usually the case.
However, even if you have a 'pink dot' on your driver's license indicating that you are an organ donor, your wife can legally override your decision, and elect not to donate your organs if she so desires. So please make sure that if you want to be an organ donor, that your spouse and family are aware of your preference.

gopalakrishnan s
Rating
all type of cancerdetails just go and visit the url... more details

j.foord@btinternet.com
Rating
no - its up to doctors and hosptials

Beth
No. You would have to work that out with legal papers, but typically nobody determines who your organs go to after death. You would be in the hands of the hospital at that point, and they would delegate where your organs go.

When you get married you are supposed to share things equally...this does not include your internal organs.

To the person that posted above me...that is not correct. Once you have become an organ donor, your spouse cannot undo that by simply denying the hospital the right to take them. It was something that YOU decided to do. In our state, it's listed on the back of our driver's license whether or not you'll be an organ donor in the event something happens.

cutecambslad
Rating
No when you donate organs they are donated to the register of organ donars and its done by who needs what first so no your wife doesnt get to say who gets what.

This is done basically because its morally wrong to choose who gets organs.

toninicole143
Rating
I dont think anyone has a say in who receives them....but she WOULD be able to deny the hospitals the ability to donate your organs...definitly talk to her about it to make sure you're on the same page....there's been alot of situations where people become donors and pass away and their family overrides their choice to be donors and doesnt allow it....

l0c0pez
Nope. Its first come first serve, and if no one can use them they go to research or are buried

Dr Frank
No, the process in anonomised and she will not be alowed to know who the recipient(s) of your organs is. This is an essential safety feature of the transplant system.

rassybaby
No. Once you donate they become prooerty or the state.

wishiwereatthebeach
Rating
No and why would it matter? You should be willing to help anyone who needed it if you are going to do that!

krennao
Rating
Your donating them to the hospital not your wife, so the hospital would send them out to people that are on lists for organ transplant.

Ambi
Rating
I'm not for sure, but I doubt it.

ron
Rating
No, the organ will go to the most suitable recipient chosen by the transplant team.

spongebobs biggest fan
no

there is a list of priority and it would go to the person who is at the top of the list and a compatable match for you

unless its a family member you wish to donate to then i think you can

louloubelle
Rating
no, it gets done through a central register, the person in most need gets them.

Tina
Rating
I don't think it works that way..there are waiting lists of people who are in line and their needs depend where they are placed on the waiting list.

mimi
Rating
no, that is up to the discretion of the hospital.

wizjp
NO; medical decision to fit the best match

dolphyns2000
Rating
No. Your wife wouldn't even know who recieved them. They will go to the people at the top of the list.

Lord Facile Princeps
No she would not

minime
Rating
no i dont think so , they will just go to whoever needs them the most.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 23, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy