Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best gift to buy somebody about to start a course of chemotherapy?

Am I the only mother that would do this?
So we are on a trip in Mexico for 9 more days. I have 2 boys ages 14 and 8 and they have extremely fair skin, and there is skin cancer in our family genes. Yes, I slather bot of them down with ...

Can we please get something straight?
There has never been one solid link to connect smoking with cancer. If you know of just one chemical that links tobacco with cancer then please tell me as there are billions of dollars on offer to ...

If cell phones really cause cancer how long &/or how much use does it take?

How many people here personally know someone with Cancer or has Cancer themselves?

Additional Details
I am a four year survivor. I am 34....

Would you rather have a cure for cancer or have 4 men walk on the moon?
Britain and china are both planning to re visit the moon, it will cost about £1billion for each country lol. Would you rather the money be spent to find a cure for cancer?
I wouldn't, id ...

Help - why won't my mom take me to the doctor?
A few years or so back I noticed I had a small lump near my jaw bone. My parents think it's just a fatty tumor. Flash forward to a few days ago and I noticed a lump behind my life shoulder blade....

Breast Cancer!! I'm only 13?
I was wondering how to check for breast cancer. 'Cause I have pimple like lumps on my nipple. Also is it possible to get pimples on your breasts cause I've been wearing the same bra, ...

Why is CANCER so deadly?
My great-uncle died from cancer of the oesophagus (the food tube from the mouth to the stomach) It then spread to other organs, such as the heart and lungs. What makes the body decide to turn on ...

If a person is diagnosed with cancer do u think they have a right to know?
When my father was diagnosed my mother and 2 sisters felt that telling him would only make him worse. He was given 4-6 months to live and the doctors said there was nothing could be done for him. Its ...

My friend is dying of cancer- I don't know what to say to him.?

Is it wrong to not tell your family you have might have serious cancer?
I'm 22 and don't want to worry anyone. I've told a few friends about the biopsy, but not the results.
Additional Details

Is there anything now days that doesn't give you cancer?
organic food doesn't then it does, high fat diets do then don't,low fat diets do then don't. If you eat a malteaser on a Wednesday afternoon you are more likely to get cancer than if ...

Can you get lung cancer from one of your famliy members that smokes and you dont?
My dad smokes since he was 18 years old. Can I get lung cancer from him even if i dont smoke?...

I want to test out a theory about smokers.?
A co-worker and I were discussing this, and I wanted others opinions on it. I am a smoker, she quit several years ago. She think that most smokers skip breakfast, she did when she smoked and now ...

Should smokers be put to the back of the line when they wait for treatment caused by smoking.?
i think non smokers should get prefferential treatment and get operated on first as long as the op is not life threatening.smokers have brought on their own afflictions and deserve to be treated last,...

Why cant my son talk? Serious only please!!?
My son is almost 2, and he cant talk. Have you dealt with this? what is wrong with him???

If youpost anything derogitory about my son, I will flag you and send you a citation !!!!!!!!!!...

Why is life so bl@@dy cruel?
Just when i thought my life couldn't get any worse than it is already, something comes along and smacks me full belt in the face and knocks the wind out of my sails!
I lost my wonderful mum ...

You have one year to live, tops you find out 5 days before your wedding Day, Do you tell your spouse?
you get diagnosed with a terminal illness that is incureable, you find out five days before you get married, you have about a year to live and you already told them you cannot have children. Do you ...

Should cigarette smokers be refused medical treatment for lung cancer if they continue smoking?

Funky Disco
If everyone knows cigarettes are bad, and that the people who make them shold be sued, then why do they keep??
why do people keep making cigarettes? the company, i mean, HOW ST-U-PID! THEY SHOULD BE SUED, FOR KILLING MORE THAN 45, 000 PEOPLE A YEAR!!!! WHY CAN'T WE JUST STOP THEM? STOP EVERYTHING?SUGAR POWER'S BETTER!AND THERE'S CANCER IN SOMKING, WHAT-THE-HECK!!!♣♠

Jessica
I smoke and I know all the risks that is my fault not the companys you only live once and if you enjoy smoking then go ahead and smoke i am ok with the fact that it is killing me.

Why should the companies get sued they donot put the cigarettes in our mouth and make us inhale them, that is my our own free will?

Any way if they didn't make them people would start geting the tobacco illegally and roling their own cigarettes like they do pot. Any in that case the government would not make any money off of the taxes on cigarettes.

Which brings me to why they should legallize pot. People are going to smoke it regardless if it is legal or not, the government might as well make it legal and charge taxes on it and treat it as alcohol (like you cannot smoke pot and drive, etc.).

tylerr_67
Rating
omg why do we make cars? they kill people!!! and why do we eat food! it makes people obese and that kills people!!! and why do people tan, that gives people cancer!!! I can go on..but I won't..as its not worth it as their is no reason to stop makine cigs as people like to smoke.

GRUMPY
Rating
YEAH, You are so right. NOW LETS put a STOP TO SUGAR. WHY, you might ask. BECAUSE the communist who won't LET ME SMOKE don't like sugar either. What bsuiness is it of YOURS if I smoke or not. BUT YOU know what lets STOP SMOKING. GUESS WHAT. YOUR TAXES are going up. DO YOU know how much money is made BY the GOVERNMENT in TAXES alone from tabacco products. OH, WHAT its OK for me to smoke now. You don't want to smoke then DON'T BUT LEAVE ME ALONE!

lomatar1186
Rating
because people are addicted to it, and the company makes millions off of it, and also, if they do stop making cigarettes, people will go crazy.

knowbuddycares
Well, its really difficult to ban the cigarettes and completely stop their production because people who are already addicted to smoking will turn against the law and I think they might get a big strike in this country if it is really stopped. It would be a huge problem if they do that. But I don't think its going to happen in future.

rko
Rating
hehehahahaha,u r stupid,in this world there r so many bad things,but no one can stop all these bad things,these things happpen due to certain situations,we r human being,if we r down in life we gets addicted to something thats it

Mujareh
Rating
Smoking is an option, that's why no one is sued. It is more the fault of the smoker than the one who provided the cigarette. True that we should get rid of cigarette manufacturers but we just can't because its not like they're forcing ANYONE to smoke.

CRYSTAL S
because if you smoke its your own fault if you die!! not the person making them!! the people who sue cigarette makers are idiots you cant smoke 2 packs a day & then sue when you get cancer because you know what your doing,its not like they r lying & saying "hey have a smoke they r good for you"..i mean come on this question is not very smart!!...and no im not a smoker but i used to be and when i decided i didnt want to die of lung cancer i quit!!..do i blame people who make them for my smoking ...um no i blame my self!!

ĵōē¥ → đ
Becuase they aren't bad and if you want them why can't you have them? Why does the government have to control how healthy you are? They don't affect your brain, so its not like you are putting anyone else at risk.
LOL and don't mention second hand smoke, that is complete and utter bullcrap made up by anticigarette people. No one has ever died from second hand smoke.

Dr Gus
Rating
because the companies make more money in an hour than you probably will in ten lifetimes.

katiara2@rogers.com
Rating
They are legal. That shold tell you somethhing about the power of cigarette companies and their connection to government.

All those lovely taxes.

And people do have their right to abuse themselves. Some use transfats, some cigarettes, some sugar etc.

Diver
Rating
Smoking is bad.

king_of_hyrule
Rating
Because idiots are still buying them.

Viv
Cig's kill only when had in access.... but if u smoke controlled.... they dont affect you... actually they can help lose weight... reduce tention and a lot of things... this is medically proved.... but excessive smoking can be injurious to health

Baby
there sick, they need help, for the money

aprilx4u
sad truth- money!!! The companies make lare profits and the governement collects large taxes. Think of it; stores with pharmacies actually sell cigarettes!

You're perfectly right

Billy Boy
How 'bout a little personal responsibility? The surgeon general has been putting health warnings on them since the 60's.

And who over the age of ten doesn't know that they will kill you?

rustskipper
Hey Funky Disco,

Good question, weird isn't it.

The tobacco industry has a lock on politicians and our economy. They are slowly changing the nature of their business, but mostly that involves developing overseas markets. Great, lets kill the world with lung cancer.

I quit smoking over 13 years ago - it is addictive! I still crave the nasty death sticks. Think about it, inhale on a burning ember to reduce the oxygen in your system. Weird.

jessiekatsopolous
It's complicated. On one hand the tobacco companies are not forcing people to smoke, they make that choice themselves. On the other hand, I would like to see smoking banned, but it just is not possible to ban everything that is bad for us.

merigold00
They should not be sued for making them, they should be (and were) sued for lying about their harmfulness.

You have to remember that no one forced anyone to buy or smoke cigarettes. That was a personal choice, and the company cannot be held responsible for that.

Over 40,000 people die every year in America in car accidents. Should we sue the car companies?

silvercomet
Rating
Hold on to your hat: they are still a legal product.

flowerspirit2000
THEY SAY DONT EAT SUGAR EITHER......ITS ALL ABOUT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

RainCloud
The companies are making millions every year off of the ppl who purchase the cigarettes (my husband is one of them). As long as their is a demand for the product, the companies will conitnue to provide it.

One Sly Look
Cigerette company's do not kill people. People kill people or themselves. This is America honey, people have the right to smoke or not smoke. Nobody can force someone to smoke. I personally smoke, yes i know it's bad for me, but then I've known people who smoked all their life and never died from cancer. Any smoker would not blame the cigerette company unless they are stupid like you. Grow up...

imhm2004
Rating
people still buy them and the companies make huge profits and a big chunk goes to the govt, which is used back for development projects and modernisation!
it is a run around so as long as people smoke the cigs. will not be abolished....

JOJO
Rating
Some people like smoking, even though is bad for them. I am not trying to defend the smoking company, or anything. But what about drinking do you know who many people a year die from drinking or related drinking accidents? People do things to them self that are bad for them all the time. Simple things like drinking caffeine, believe it or not but caffeine is bad for you. It may not effect you now but over long term use it will start to eat away your teeth. and your throat, but I bet you have have a coke or Dr pepper every now and then... So until people stop doing everything that harms them, I think we should all lay off it, don't you?

kitty fresh & hissin' crew
Smoking cigarettes is a personal choice. As long as there is tax revenue coming in from them, they will be made. I smoke outside and never around anybody else. Why should you care if I smoke? Of course you don't care. Maybe it is someone close to you. Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs there is. Period. Quitting is easier said than done.

Shauna
They're in it for the money, plain and simple.
But to whoever said 'smoker's have rights' ... I'd just like to say that nobody should ever have the right to submit anyone else to harmful smoke. If you want to kill yourself and your family in your own home, feel free. But I can't believe that something that is proven to kill upwards of 50,000 people (yep, that's just the second-hand smoke...which kills mainly restaurant and bar employees) per year is legal!

Falcon722
Rating
It's called choice. Just like gambling and alcohol. It's available, perhaps ok in small quantities but over indulgence kills. Smoking started (if I'm not wrong) as a ritual where only small quantities are smoked. Today, the relatively low cost plus addictive nature of the substance makes it a hard to kick habit once someone is hooked no to it.

Pistaccio
There are about 6.5 people in the world, I presume about1 billion smoke. That's 1/6 of the population.
People just can't stop smoking, imagine it as if someone banned drinking alcohol, it's not like people are going to stop.

Unfortunately , there are things that can't stop ... atleast not for now.
Of course, sugar is better :}.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy