Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

I want to test out a theory about smokers.?
A co-worker and I were discussing this, and I wanted others opinions on it. I am a smoker, she quit several years ago. She think that most smokers skip breakfast, she did when she smoked and now ...

Should smokers be put to the back of the line when they wait for treatment caused by smoking.?
i think non smokers should get prefferential treatment and get operated on first as long as the op is not life threatening.smokers have brought on their own afflictions and deserve to be treated last,...

Why cant my son talk? Serious only please!!?
My son is almost 2, and he cant talk. Have you dealt with this? what is wrong with him???

If youpost anything derogitory about my son, I will flag you and send you a citation !!!!!!!!!!...

Why is life so bl@@dy cruel?
Just when i thought my life couldn't get any worse than it is already, something comes along and smacks me full belt in the face and knocks the wind out of my sails!
I lost my wonderful mum ...

You have one year to live, tops you find out 5 days before your wedding Day, Do you tell your spouse?
you get diagnosed with a terminal illness that is incureable, you find out five days before you get married, you have about a year to live and you already told them you cannot have children. Do you ...

Should cigarette smokers be refused medical treatment for lung cancer if they continue smoking?

My dad has cancer, is it wrong for me to be tired of fighting?
I understand that its really him fighting it and not me, but we have been doing this for 2 years now, dont get me wrong I DONT want him to give up, its just that this is all getting to me. Im so ...

How do you get bone cancer?

Question on smoking?
I smoke around 2 - 3 marlboro red ciggerates everyday. Obviously its going to effect my body, but how severely do you think it will effect me? Also I started about a year and a half ago.
A...

CAn another dr call another dr about a patient with out the patients premission
dont they need you to ...

Do you have a family membor or friend whos suffered from cancer?
both my mum and dad have passed away cos of cancer.

if cancer was standing in front of you right now. what would you do?

personally, i would kick the living **** out of it.

I've already asked this but I want as many answers as pos. What is worse epilepsy or cancer of the blood?

Do people still give there hard earned $$$$$ to the cancer society ?
they have cures they dont want you to know about why cure it they say you will make billions but they make 100 x's that now why cure it....

Is it true that even if you stop today after like 15 yrs of smoking that the damage is already done?
Do your lungs ever truly heal?...

Why do you think children get cancer?

I recenty got stiches can I give blood still?

Is this medical malpractice?
My father was coughing up blood, so we took him to the local hospital. After running some blood work that came back normal, the decided to look in his stomach. After going in there, they saw ...

Is it true that if you pinch someone over and over, they might get cancer?
in other words, can pinching someone give them cancer?...

What would be good to put in a care packge for my friend who has Stage 4 Melanoma (cancer)?

Smoking Gives you Cancer, What about Natrual Smoke, Camp Fires, Weed, Ect...ect?
My friends and I were having a discussion, we all know smoking gives you cancer, has been for many years, we all know that.

What about Weed, Its Natural, and I remember hearing something ...

ARCHANGEL
If cell phones really cause cancer how long &/or how much use does it take?

joyceeleann
They don't cause cancer

brushbanditbarbie
According to this day and time everything causes cancer, so don't live your life worried about it.

Brian M
Rating
Cell phones do not cause cancer anymore than eating a McDonald's hamburger does...well you probably have less of a chance of getting cancer with a cell phone :)

Sandy G
Rating
Cell phones really DON'T cause cancer.

See the American Cancer Society web site for the latest information.

sanmandude1
AHHHH

Randy
Rating
The study that was just released concluded that cell phones did not seems to be a factor in causing cancers amongst cell phone users.

With that said, the study also concluded that people that had brain cancers had many more lesions and lesions that were larger in size than people that did not use cell phones regularly.

sarah
for 1, it is NOT a myth. It was NOT made up, either.

This is actually something we have been studying, in a class of mine.

But you would have to be someone who really talks your ear off.. And it wont affect you till later in life.
This is because of the radiation from your phone, although you arent being exposed to a lot at one time..this causes the effects to be postponed to a later time.

monstaro
They don't. If they did, people would work day in and day out to try and fix it.

IF they did, you would have to use cell phones all day, every day. It must take a while for frequencies to turn into tumors!

spoiledness96~
everything causes cancer..

:D
Rating
i personally think this is rediculous..i have a friend whose dad makes her wear an ear piece to talk on the phone cuz of this whole cancer thing, its all crap and ud have to be talking on the phone constantly

question mark
The evidence is inconclusive, but there is some evidence that it may cause cancer. For example, those who had brain tumor all had used mobile phone on that side of the brain.

To be sure, try not to use cell phone for so long, make the conversation short if you can. You might use the head phones that usually come with it, but quality of sound seems to deteriorate.

Nobody would tell you exactly how long to get an effect. Some people may never have any effect. It is like smoking. You increase the risk if you smoke, but no necessarily will end up with lung cancer.

Be safe.

Me, Myself and I
Rating
yes and no........mobiles send out microwaves which can cause skin cancer as it can damage the bodys tissue, but if u find out more information about this then you will find out that it is very unlikely and that you will have to be recieving these signals to your tissue for hundreds of years so technically......no

Cait
Rating
The latest research says that there's no link between cancer and cell phone use. A recent study actually even proved there's no link between headaches and cell phone use. They're still doing research, but right now, it's pretty much an urban myth that cell phones cause cancer.

marlynembrindle
Articles in the newspaper and on the computer news items reports that cell phones do NOT cause cancer and I believe those reports to be true now.

I have seen, in catalogs, the regular home telephone mouth piece and ear piece we used for eons available to plug into the cellphone but not due to rumors of cancer but be cause they are much easy to hold and speak into-check into it if you are still concerned but thou really needn't be.

Jen
Rating
No, modern cell phones do not cause cancer. If they do increase the risk of cancer, it is by a tiny fraction of a percent. Older cell phones emitted more electromagnetic waves, and those might have been a greater risk, but really not a concern at all.

Drea
Rating
mythbusters prooved that it don't

whiteplum
all cell phones emit radiation (since they function like radio transmitters) so it all depends on the levels of radiation a particular cell phone creates-although i am sure the government does research on such things. it also depends on how long you use it everyday. -refer to 20/20 as they have done a documentary on cell phones causing brain tumors

eternalvoid
Rating
If cell phones do cause cancer almost everyone will be prone or have cancer. Please note that according to these claimers the cell phones "transmission radiation" causes the cancer. According to their claim every time it transmits it hits your body. However if we analyze cell phones do not transmit in straight line but scattered otherwise it will be hard to receive or make calls, text message, mms message, etc.

So not owning a cell phone does not save you from every one who has a cell phone. You'll still be bombarded with the transmission radiation. Actually if you analyze having one protects you cause while your not making a call or sending a message. The phones antenna is absorbing signals or "transmission radiation"

iiashley
Rating
the radiation of the cell phones could more or less be harmful but there's no proof that it causes cancer yet.

Dms
Rating
there isnt enough evidence to suggest this is true, but cell phones do alter the brain cells

Bruce N
Cell phones don't emit any radiation that causes cancer. They use radio waves to communicate, and they don't use any materials that give off a radiation. I forget the actual science behind it, but I know that it was just a thought and it was proven false.

FLATTOP
Rating
VERY SIMPLY PUT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT CANCER;BUT CELL PHONES DO CAUSE-----ONE BIG PAIN IN THE A--!!!!

Gr8 F8
Rating
250 years of constant use

Sheila
Rating
It's any minute now. . . it will come quicker if you also eat bacon

jaybird17762001
I don't think that it has been proven that cell phones cause cancer; however, brain scans taken of people who use cell phones a lot show that the side of their brain that corresponds to the ear they favor is " different " from the other side.

Acheron
"The World Health Organization has concluded that serious health effects (e.g. cancer) are very unlikely to be caused by cellular phones or their base stations"

U can check it out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_radiation_and_health

Breanna F
Rating
whoever made up that stupid myth should be ridiculed

Nick
Rating
There is very limited if any evidence that cellular phones cause cancer. Cellular phones have only been widely available for the past decade therefore there is very limited data. The argument is similar to the one posed for living under power lines. It was thought that those people who lived under high-voltage power lines would have higher incidence of birth-defects, deformities/mutations, and cancer. This did not pan out and has been disproved completely. I expect the same will happen with cellular phones and the supposed danger of WiFi technology.

Thin Kaboudit
Rating
There is NO evidence cell phone use causes cancer. That's an urban myth.

tony t
cell phones emitts radiation just like when you are connecting wireless on a laptops. but cell phones has less radiation therefore it should take along time until you get cancer. maybe when you get older.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 23, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy