Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

A question about cancer?
When you go through chemo, your hair falls out, does that mean all of your hair on your body everywhere falls out?...

Cancer patient would like to know other cancer patients opinions?
I am looking for responses from cancer patients who don't just trust their Dr's automatically. People who are keeping up on advances and researching for themselves. I moved from AZ to CA ...

Can a cell phone give you brain cancer?
im being very cautious when i use my phone and i want to know if it can....

How do you know you have lung cancer?

My mom 's face is gray is that fdrom chemo, and can she died from getting chemo?

How long can you live with blood cancer?

Should my mother file for disability since she was diagnosed with breast cancer? She has no health insurance!

Any advice for me ? I have just been diagnosed with cancer in my left kidney.?
I would like to know what to expect. Will they put me on chemo or just remove the kidney and check to make sur that was enough?...

Bowel Cancer Post Op Fever of 40.5 HELP ?????
My dad had an operation for bowel cancer 3 weeks ago and although having a temperature he was released from hospital. He was taken back in last week and temperature has risen to 40.5. He is only ...

My friends mom died of cancer and i dont know what to do to help!?

I have a abnormal pab smear?
i have a abnormal pab smear. what could in ...

Is it possible to have a baby while going through Chemo?

Does cancer come up on a blood test?
im curious if cancer shows up on a blood test. like if i went to the doctors, and they drew 3 things of blood and sent them to the lab. could they tell if you had any type of cancer?...

What would you write on your "Bucket List" knowing the end was near?

Additional Details
Seriously...have you NOT watched the movie THE BUCKET LIST?

Great movie...and lots of people are doing ...

What is the worst type of cancer to get?
There are so many different types of cancers. Cancer could happen anywhere in the body. I heard that some cancers is worse than others. I heard that blood cancer is one of the worst. Which cancer is ...

What do you do or say to a person who was just diagnosed with cancer?
I know it sounds awful to even ask...
But what do you say right after a person finds out they have cancer? I know hug and cope but don't know what to say......

I need to tell my son that his grandpa has cancer and needs to have chemo. can anyone help me with this ?

Additional Details
My son is 10 years old and we live in western ...

Help! my son is addicted to cigarettes!!!?
i get my 5 year old son every weekend. he kept asking me to give him a cigarette whenever i took a smoke break. i gave him a drag, thinking it would teach him a lesson and be an awful experience ...

Does febreze give you cancer?
my teacher said that some household such as febreze and other spraying chemicals give you cancer......because when its sprayed it stores up inside the cell or body fat and keeps store up as you keep ...

Would a problem with my lungs show up indirectly if an ultrasound was done on my bladder, liver and kidneys?
I recently had an ultrasound on the above and thankfully there was nothing serious, I have been getting pains in my lungs for the past couple of months and wondered if there was something serious ...

ann b
I have stage 3 colon cancer and want to know how many years will I live after chemo?

webboffin
Is it really terminal even with treatment?

silverin.unwritten
My mother had stage three colorectal cancer. She was treated with surgery (a colostomy), chemo, and radiation. She's alive after nearly eleven years from the dx.

Ask your doctors every question you can think of. There is no such thing as a stupid question, and they will answer you with the respect you need and deserve. (It's my experience that most doctors are like that.)

Good luck to you, and I'll be thinking of you

Mez
I'm very sorry to hear that but i really think it depends on the person and how well the chemo & any other treatment you might have works. Your doctor would have to know your prognosis so he/she would be the best person to talk to.
Good Luck~~~

Cycman
The goal of treatment for stage III colon cancer is cure. So hopefully, you will live out a full and fulfilling life as if you never had cancer. However, a percentage of patients do relapse after treatment, and based on current knowledge and modern chemotherapy, about 75% of patients will be alive after 3 years. Good luck!

Matia
It depends. Do your research, it really helps. My mom was diagnosed with what people in Chicago called terminal, the wouldn't even treat her. She did her research and found a place in new york. She's one of the few surviors of her type of cancer. 6 years a few months ago. Best of luck!

Katze
You can live a very very long time. It depends allot on your frame of mind. Don't be a statistic, be a fighter and make every day count. Stay positive and don't listen to any negatives. Be happy and live your life.

carmeldrop20042000
Only God knows that answer. You just got to pray and keep your faith in him. I promise you that he'll never let you down. I'm praying for you too.

tlbrown42000
Rating
As a healthcare provider I can tell you that as a medical community we have probability and statistics to answer this question. Of course each individual person can be different. This is the question you should discuss with your provider. That person is aware of all aspects of your case. Frankly, this is a question best asked before the therapy not after. Nevertheless, ask. You should know this for your own sake.

hujan_dingin s
Rating
ill put your worried away..

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, June 11, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy