Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Can a medical DNR be overridden?
If a patients has a DNR (do-not-resuscitate) order, can it be overridden? The patient's wishes should be carried out, but if a family member disagrees with the order can the order be terminated?...

Does anyone know anyone who has been...?
Diagnosed with colon cancer? Is this an aggressive cancer...My grandfather wont tell me much....

I have heard that lung cancer is treatable but death is inevitable.?
That the most that anyone could ask for is to be kept comfortable and for their life ot be prolonged for a short while. Is this true?...

Up to how many years can you have cancer?
Both of my grandfathers died from cancer, One of them died from lung cancer and the other from prostate cancer.
Have anyone ever lived up to five years and more with cancer?
Cuz normally ...

If you find out you have cancer and you're 16, can you choose not to tell your parents?
I'm just wondering if you get the choice to keep the information from your parents or not?...

What can I write in a card to someone coping with cancer?
any suggestions welcome. I am no good with words....

Could I have leukemia? headaches, bone pain, tired all the time,chills and runny nose,?

Additional Details
i've had all these symptoms for over a ...

I have cancer again, should I go through this again?

What do you think? I have been diagnosed with kidney cancer. Surgery may be in 3 weeks.?
My brother thinks my adult children should be supportive and take me to the hospital.
Additional Details
My brother is being difficult now.

Thank you to all of you that have ...

I was recently told i have a form of bone cancer. I feel like my life is over. who can i talk to?
Am a single parent it's hard to find friends that understand that my child comes first. Are there really friends in this world that you can trust?...

Can medical insurance drop you if you get something serious like cancer?
My father was admitted to the hospital (last week) the day after we received medical insurance. I know medical insurance can drop you if you didn't list a previous (diagnosed) illness in the ...

Can meat stay in your colon for 10 years or more?

Do I Have Cancer Someone Help?
hi i have this lump on my back it does not hert our anything it feels like a thick pimple some one help me pls i am so scared right now i am scared of death i dont want to do ??...

My mom has terminal cancer?
my mom was recently diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, she has a history of depression and cannot seem to stop talking about morbid things. how can I help her cope?...

Whats worse for your health chewing tobacco or smoking ?

How many soda tabs do i need to save for free chemotheropy?

Is Skin Cancer deadly??
Well i just found out that my mom has skin cancer, i dont know if i should worry about this,and on top of that i havent seen my mom since i was like 7, i got taken away from her, So is it deadly???...

My daughter needs transportation to her treatments for cancer treatments?
my daughter lives in seminel county florida. she has cancer and no insurance. she needs transportaion to and from her treatments at the cancer center in orange county. whom do we contact for that ...

UK smokers say they have 'paid upfront thru taxation' for their treatment, but....?
don't they realise that the treatment doesn't usually work? According to the Cancer Research website UK 50% of treated lung cancer victims are dead within 16 weeks of diagnosis, 75% are ...

Why do cancer patients refuse chemotherapy?
why would a person not fight to live?...

Sweetheart
I have a tumor in my calf that might be cancer, it's inside my muscle. What method of biopsy will doctors use?

dizko
Stop worrying and predict in your mind that everything will be fine. Believe that, and trust in them. Our thoughts shape reality.

fcabanski
Rating
Ask the doctor.

Vate
Rating
Go to any surgeon. They will take a small piece and send for lab testing. Course of treatment can be decided after wards.

Ken O
Rating
Most of the above are wrong. If you have a tumor "in" your calf it may be a sarcoma...which is a tumor of the muscle. If it's a skin spot, disregard the following:

First, if you have an enlarged calf that seems to have a tumor inside you should be seen by a surgical oncologist or orthopedic oncologist which specializes in sarcomas. The "biopsy" method is very important as this type of cancer can spread along the incisions or along the needle track. If there is any suspicion of a sarcoma then you need an incisional biopsy that is transverse to the mass itself. Improper biopsies in sarcoma can really create a difficult situation that will be difficult to correct.

If you bring these issues up to the surgeon and they seem putoff or "uh, huh?" then you may be better off putting off the biopsy and getting yourself to a major medical center for evaluation and treatment.

Lifeguard
Probably they'll use this one, they'll insert a needle shape instrument to get to the tumor. This instrument will cut a very small piece of the tumor and remove this piece out of you. Then they'll send this sample to the lab.
It shouldn't hurt, but they'll probably use local anaesthesy.
Don't worry, it's a very simple procedure.
Also stop thinking it will be cancer, actually a small amount of tumors turn to be malignant cancer.
Good luck.
Regards, Lifeguard.

Hazel
Rating
local anesthesia, which means numbing that area only, sticking some type of knife in and pulling part of it out to put under a microscope to c what it is

mountainchowpurple
Rating
needle most likely but it wont hurt

anrodriguez20012000
Rating
TAKE ITOUT

deb1975@sbcglobal.net
They will insert a needle into the "tumor" and withdraw cells/fluid then do a biopsy. Chance are this is actually a harmless cyst...but it's best to have it checked out. The biopsy will be done at the doctors office...you family doctor will most likely send you to a general surgeon for the test. Insist on a biopsy tho...some doctors will tell you it's nothing to worry about, then they're wrong. Insist on the test and get the results...this will give you peace of mind

Eagleflyer
Rating
I don't know. That particular episode of House hasn't come up yet. The good news is that the tumor is not in a vital organ. Whatever method of biopsy, I assume the tumor will be removed. Ask the doctor if the biopsy is going to hurt.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy