Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

What is mitosis used for?

Will this affect my life later on?
while i was 5 years old,i broke a mercury thermometer..back then,i didnt know that mercury is very hazardous,so i just touched the mercury with my hand and i saw lots of it kinda 'enter' my ...

About different types of cancer please?
My dear cousin is in stage 4 cancer. I've never asked her what type of cancer she has but it is in many places in her body.
She's just had surgery to remove a mass in her throat. The D...

Has any one here beaten or known someone to beat serious lung cancer?
My Mum has just been diagnosed with adenocarcenoma(excuse spelling) and it has apread all over her body she has been given 3 yrs if she responds to treament and less than 12 mnths if she does not, im ...

I need advice with breast cancer?
I found a lump. It is hardly on my breast, but is on the border of the armpit and breast. My sister convinced me to get it checked out, and the doctor said it was just a gland and since I am younge (...

Quit smoking shot, anyone help?
I just asked the same question but not getting many answers with that headline question. Need to know anything about it, cost, what is in it, is it worth the money, side effects. Any help would be ...

Dr. found hi risk HPV 4 mos. ago. This was 1st pap in 7 yrs. I've no insuranc. I'm miserable when will I die?
There were about 20 strains of hpv found, including 16 and 18. They did a colposcopy but couldn't see anything so now they want to do an operation to remove most of the cervix, but with no ...

Pancreatic Cancer - whats the prognosis??

Wwhat doess skin cancer look like?
I have had a small whitish colored spott on my forearm for a couple of years. Now that I have been out in the sun and it was 103 two dayss in a row, it resembles a raised pimple. It won't pop or ...

When Prostate surgery fails and the Cancer has spread how long will I live?
The Doctor used a Scan that was done in August and operated in December. The Cancer had spread beyond the glands and is now terminal. Just wondering about a time frame to live....

Non smokers ,what are your principles on buying cigerettes for someone?
non smokers,would you get someone cigerettes if they asked you?
Additional Details
I am glad people are as adverse to smoking as I am....

10 points BEST ANSWER!?
im doing an article on smoking and lung cancer and i need help coming up with a title for the article?...

Why did doctors not find the cure for cancer?

I've heard its cancer causing to sleep with a regular bra at night.
but is it okay to sleep with a sports bra without the same effect?...

Does inhaling cigarette smoke causes problrm?

Are menthol cigarettes healthier than normal ones?
I know smoking is unhealthy full stop so dont give me all the risks of smoking, but i was just wondering which ones are the best the have?
x
Additional Details

Hi I am 15 years old and I have smoked 120.5 smokes, 78 being cigarettes, 18 being cigarillos and 22.5 cigars
I quit now and I was wondering if I have done irreversible damage. And dont answer why did you start. SMOKING IS BAD I KNOW JUST ANSWER MY Q...

Is Nicotine addictive?

Have i left it too late to give up smoking?
I,m 48 ...and been a smoker most of my life. Now beginning to feel the effects of 30 years puffing. The odd twinge and the dull ache......

What organ in your body produces bile?
plzzz answer =]...

holly
I have a abnormal pab smear?
i have a abnormal pab smear. what could in be

jkasaboski
Rating
My friend has had several and she got all worked up as she thought it was something bad but I assured her that everything would be fine. I believe she had abnormal leisions and had to have them lasered off and checkups every 3 months. She had a couple that came back positive and then when she went for her last one, it came back clear and now she can go back to every 6 months.

Speak with your doctor is you are extremely concerend. It may just nothing but as others have said, get another one done perhaps at a clinic.

Ray R
Mostly- HPV or bad test
Please redo your test

precious1too
Could be a lot of things but it might not be anything. My friend had an abnormal pap smear and got all worried and upset till she went for a second opinion and they found nothing. Hopefully this what happened in your case. I would go have another one done and make sure the first one was read right. If there is something there maybe they can give you more answers on what it might be. Good luck!

lesodan2003
Rating
You should have another one done. Abnormal results aren't always correct. Ask your doctor.

crenshawchica
Rating
most commonly hpv. you should read up on it. its very common and generally goes away on its own. if that's what you have your doctor will work with you to decide on the best treatment. don't be too alarmed, the abnormal results might not be that serious!

SweetNurse
Rating
Ask your dr what was abnormal about it. Very common to abnormal pap smears is when they say squamous cells. Its a change in the cervix that needs to be closely monitored. The most common is HUman Pappaloma virus and the Drs can tell what type of it you have. strain 15 and another one if not treated can lead to cervic cancer and ovarian cancer. Early diagnosis and treatment is the safest thing. That means getting paps every 6 months instead of yearly and you may need laser surgery or freezing to remove it. Simple outpatient surgery - non painful, quick, 15 mins, and you only get cramping after it. Treatment is worth it as it'll prevent caNCER IN LATER years. Very common and nothing to be embarassed or ashamed about either.

stefani_m2003
Rating
Find out what the abnormality was. Even a yeast infection can result in an "abnormal" PAP. Many times it can be just inflammation that occurs just before or after your monthly cycle. If the repost says ASCUS (atypical squamous cells unknown significance),they will usually sent to back for more test, especially to rule out HPV.

Bud's Girl
I'll be honest and tell you what mine was, even though there are other things it could be: I had a precancerous lesion of the cervix. I went to the hospital to have a "cone biopsy". That was in 1987, and it never came back. Good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy