Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Can you really get cancer from talking on a cell phone too much?
My boyfriend and I talk 24/7 on the phone......

Should i start smoking Pot?

Is it normal to not lose your hair from chemo?
I was just wondering because I hadn't heard about anyone who didn't lose their hair from it except my dad. His hair looked a little thinner but you could barely tell, he basically had a ...

Going for my first mammogram on Monday, any helpful advice appreciated?
Will it hurt as much as people tell me? Any tips to make it easier?...

My son has an enlarged irregular shaped tonsil he is 11yrs old. Could it be cancer?
There is a family history of oral cancer his grandmother had oral cancer anddid not drink or smoke
Additional Details
he has already seen his doctor waiting to see ENT now he has this ...

What are some symptoms of colon cancer?
Becuase i have been having pain on the right side of my body, and alot of gas and consipation for awhile now....

When will I know the cancer has gone to his brain?
I am taking care of my father he is terminal. He has two different kinds of cancers One in the lung and theother in the liver. I have been taking care of him for six months. He was diegnosed over ...

If you get skin cancer in a mole will the mole change or stay the same?

Does deodorants really cause cancer?
If so, prove your answer....

Do I have lung cancer?
I am really worried that i have lung cancer. I think i am getting moobs, and im pretty thin. I have had symptoms of a cold for 2 months now without a sore throat or stiffy nose - lots of phlegm. I ...

How many types of cancer are there in body?

My cousin has cancer and the doctor said shes in phase 5. What does that mean?

Additional Details
She is up and walking around shes not in a death bed or anything, she was just in a wedding saturday. So I dont ...

Whats the youngest age you ccan get breast cancer at?

Additional Details
and can you get it b4 ur 15?...

Bad Breath?
I am a twelve year old boy and I have a bad taste in my mouth all the time. No matter how many times I brush my teeth I sill have a bad taste in my mouth. I have heard that this is a sign of mouth ...

Does this sound like leukemia?
I have been having weird symptoms and my friend looked online and said that I could have leukemia. These are some of the symptoms I have been having: fever, paleness, weakness, shortness of breath, ...

Why do people love to do things that they know they are going to die from it?
For example my aunty knows that she is going to die if she keep smoking but she still....

How bad is it if a person has both cancer of the colon and cancer of the liver?

Additional Details
My mother in law has it. They already removed part of her colon...then they found the liver cancer and now she needs chemo and radiation. It's pretty scary....

Does Splenda, the sugar substitute, really cause Cancer?

Is there any scientific evidence that wearing the wrong bra size can lead to breast cancer?

Is there anyway I can donate my long hair to cancer patients?
Here's a picture of how long it is:

http://i232.photobucket....

v49acosta
How long after chemotherapy does hair loss occur?
My mom has ovarian cancer and got her first dose of chemo last Friday and we're wondering how long it will be before her hair starts falling out.

anniesback17
some people do not even lose their hair................just forget about it...............not important...................hair extensions are available at all beauty supply stores..............please buy her a pack of long clip ins..............they will fill in any spots in her hair .....no problem!......... which may be lost to chemotherapy.....hopefully not!!!!

sandhya
Hair usually begins falling out 10 to 14 days after you start treatment. It could fall out very quickly in clumps or gradually. You'll likely notice accumulations of loose hair on your pillow, in your hairbrush or in your shower drain.

Your hair loss will continue throughout your treatment and up to a month afterward. Whether your hair thins or you become completely bald will depend on your treatment. You generally need to lose about 50 percent of your hair before it's noticeable to other people.

It takes about four to six weeks for your hair to recover from chemotherapy. In general, you can expect about a quarter inch of growth each month.

When your hair starts to grow back, it will probably be slightly different from the hair you lost. But the difference is usually temporary. Your new hair might have a different texture or color. It might be curlier than it was before, or it could be gray until the cells that control the pigment in your hair begin functioning again.
you can check out this site for more information about this
http://cancer-care-center.blogspot.com/

bam bam is playful!
Rating
im not sure exactly

but i wish your mom and the rest of the family luck!!

rxpbear
Rating
MINE STARTED FALLING OUT ABOUT 2-3 DAYS AFTER SECOND TREATMENT. I HAD REALLY LONG HAIR SO I CUT IT SHORT AND THEN I SHAVED IT SO IT WOULD NOT BE SO DRAMATIC OF MY HAIR FALLING OUT IN CLUMPS B/C IT WILL. I WISH YOUR MOM LUCK AND KEEP HER SPIRITS UP. IVE LEARNED ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING GOD BLESS

aseem k
Rating
Hair fall usually begins in the second week of the first chemotherapy cycle. But, maximum effect comes mainly after the 2nd cycle of chemotherapy
Usually a little more than 30% of persons undergoing chemotherapy have hair loss. This depends mainly on type of chemotherapy you are having.
Its advisable that if this is worrisome discuss it with your mother and decide, if she would like to get her head shaved and/or would like to go for a wig, and of what kind.
when there is hair fall try to get some kind of scalp protection like hat as scalp would be senstive to touch even.

Panda
Hair loss is dependent on several different factors . . hair grows in cycles and varies by person . . so if your mother has a chemotherapy treatments during the end of the hair cycle (where the hair is dormant and not growing in the cycle) than she will not lose her hair. However, if the chemo is given during the days when her hair is in a growth cycle . . than the chemo cannot tell the difference between a cancer cell that is growing and a hair cell that is growing . . so the chemo will affect both types. Your mother can lose her hair if the type of chemo she takes causes hair loss . . not all drugs do. The hair loss can occur during the first chemo treatment or the next chemo treatment. It took my son about two or three months to lose all his hair when he had high dose chemotherapy for nine months. Each persons hair loss cycle will vary . . . depending on the growth cycle of the hair, the type of hair (thin, thick, wiry), and depending also on the type of chemo given.

jackie j
Rating
not everyone loses their hair, i never lost mine, i finished treatment in dec. but it has developed a bit of a curl, it all depends on the type of chemo that is given. best of luck to your mom

bunny
My mom had cervical cancer. She had three rounds of chemo and started experiencing hair loss a few days after the first round. She didn't lose all of her hair though, but it was real patchy. It will grow back.

notalonewithcancer
Mine started to go only a few days after my first chemo, after around my 3rd round I lost all body hair as well as eyelashes and brows. Maybe your mom will only have thinning hair.. that happens at times as well.

Good luck to your mom with her treatments!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, July 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy