Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Severe depression?
this xmas was pretty bad...i think it will be the last time i see my family. i have been mentally abused and manipulated by them for 35 years...my husband stood up to them when they were treating me ...

Do i have mouth cancer?
the inner surfaces of my cheeks have these white stuff that feels like excess skin tissue (i'd chew them off but they'd grow back), and i occasionally have a blister under my tongue. One ...

Do you know any total cure of cancer?
I have heard about a place in Mexico, but I would like to know people with this experience if it exist. My father has just 2 months left, so any regular medical help it wont make him to survive....

What did you do to past time while on chemo?
My grandpa is on chemo right now and I want to get him something he can use for christmas. He doesn't really like to watch anything right now because it makes him dizzy so no t.v. or reading. W...

Does my mom have breast cancer?
she feels her breast has this solid thing in it. at first, it was only one breast, so she took a mammogram and it said she didn't have breast cancer. but now, her other breast has the solid ...

Looking for High Protien soft food recipes and ideas for mom with throat cancer during treatments?
Hi , my mom is under going daily radiation treatments, this is the 3rd week , her throat is dry and very sore and swollen from the side effects of her treatment, she needs High protien as suggested ...

Leukemia? Need answers?
Alright, I just recently got news that one of my friends, one of my friends, was diagnosed yesterday with leukemia. He was one of my most trusted friends, and I was surprised to hear that he had ...

How did u get over cancer if u ever had one?
I had last operation one year ago. Now I'm almost 16. at first it was scary and imposible to believe that my life was in dangerous. As about now I feel well and grateful I was ill bc it changed ...

Which type of people are most likely to get lung cancer?
like what age group, people who have smoked, done drugs? ...

Leukemia??
Can it be cured? I just found out my mom has it. I'm real scared for her.
Additional Details
She has Chronic Leukemia.

bad?...

Can prostatic cancer prisent as early as in early 20s ? please i want the answer from experient doctor?

Additional Details
note/ could it happen if PSA level is 1ng/...

I want to become a physician,or surgeon do u have any advice?

It has been suggested that bras contribute to breast cancer. Is this true?
I was told that during the hippie revolution where bra burning was the playstation of the day, that breast cancer for women was at an all time low. What have you heard....

Im scared to death?
ever since i was little i have white spots on my forehead and they itch sometimes i dont know what it is i think they are heat bumps but i dont know and now i took a look at it in my mirror and saw ...

Could i have cancer?
well um how should i start this well my grandma died of brest cancer my great grandma died of it 2 and my aunt is diagnosed wit it also my grandpa is 2 and some of my family from his side do i have ...

Do you participate in the American Cancer Societys Relay for Life activities?
And would you be interested in donating to the cause?...

What is the meaning of ADENO CARCINOMA?

Additional Details
What is metastic and non metastic?...

The pituitary gland produces the what hormone?

Life expectancy of brain cancer?
My mother has brain cancer, and I was wondering what the average life expectancy is. The tumor she had before was in an unoperable area, and they cannot opperate. They are going to try using chemo ...

Why do people keep getting cancer?
Lately, a bunch of people I know have been getting or dying from cancer. What has caused this sickness to become common suddenly? And why is it so hard to find a cure? I just want to get some answers ...

lauren s
How do i deal w/my grandfather dying from cancer?
my grandfather has cancer & it is spreaing FAST. he is dying and its killing me. over the past few weeeks ive been tlkn to him more. but he is only going to live 4 a few more months how to cope?

Your # 2 loser
Rating
Feel solace that everyone dies and that you are there for him to ease the pain. When you have a loved one by your side up to the end it helps a ton. You are there when he needs you most, death is a part of life and rather than not confronting it, your in the trenches with it. This makes you strong, and you may not see the strength in you but it is there! May God bless you and your family and receive your grandfather into his arms.

superstar68
Rating
Hi sorry to hear about your grandfather, I lost my mum to cancer 7 months ago.She was sick for 1year and 7 months. Only 60 when she died. I was always very close to my mum, I have to brothers but my mother felt more comfortable If I was around as she needed help showering and getting dressed. I spent all the time I could with her, she wanted to be at home as long as she could so I was there when ever she needed me. We used to remember when my brothers and I were little, she would not eat a lot so whenever she wanted something special I used to cook it for her. Just be there for him as long as you can. I have four children and for a while my husband spent more time with them than I did, but it was worth it because I was there when my mum passed away and I feel satisfied with all I did for my mum.

juanita2_2000
Rating
you are doing good kept talking to him and that god gives you the straight to you and your family to kept him comfortable as mush as possible

catwoman
Rating
spend as much time as you can with him. listen to his stories, talk with him, read to him, play cards, just be with him. my mother died of cancer. she did not tell me she had cancer for over a year. she did not want to worry me. when she died i felt like i had been robbed of that time with her. make as many memories as you can. you won't regret it and it will help you grandfather.

hotnaz7
Rating
I am not sure how old you are but you are doing the best thing you can do. Say goodbye now and spend time with letting him know you love him. I do not believe death is the end. I have lost both of my parents, my mom at 17 my dad at 23. I know my dad saved my life after he died by stopping my car from going into a lake in December. I have 2 boys of my own now and my youngest feels him granddads spirit around him all the time. His body will be gone but he will be with you as long as you remember him.

S H
Do you think or expect people to live forever? You have to accept the fact death is inevitable. You have no other option but to cope and move on in life. It is highly expected for the elderly to soon come to their day of departure. They have lived a life which hopefully, they felt was fulfilling. Regardless, their time comes nearer as they become older. Your grandfather would not want you to stop living after his demise. Therefore, you make his last days pleasant. Be there when he wants to talk, laugh, cry or be held. Being there when he needs you is your and his greatest reward. You will be happy you were able to comfort him in his last days and eliminate any regret.

Erin L
Rating
I agree with everyone who says to spend as much time with him as you can. If possible, remain as informed as you can about what is being done for him at the hospital or hospice, so that you're not blindsided by anything. Feel free to indulge your feelings; if you're feeling sad, scared, pissed off, anything at all, nobody's begrudging you those emotions and the expression thereof. Family togetherness is an important thing as well; these are the only people who know exactly what you're going through.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy