Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Has anyone here ever had cancer?
Has anyone here ever had cancer? If so, which kind, and what was it like?

I'm really curious because we are learning about cancer in health. I want to know what it's like by ...

I recently heard from my dad that there is a new cure for cervical cancer? is this true?
I live in puerto rico where gossip LIVES! i am not sure if this is true....

How do you deal with a spouse who has cancer?
I lost my job and we have little income comming in and about a 3 months ago he was dignosed with diabetees and about month a ago my spouse was told he has cancer and they have to operate on him. how ...

My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer 6 months ago and brain cancer yesterday. The doctors gave her 6 months..
They said her lungs were looking good and so was the rest of her life. Yesterday she went for a CAT scan and they told her she has brain cancer then immediatly told her she has only 6 months left to ...

Can black people get skin cancer from the sun?

Is lukemia contagious
My mother in law has foster child who has lukemia. He is only 3 yrs. and is very difficult at times. He was around my 6 month old and spit in his face. I am very worried now and want to know if you ...

Is it true there is an ingredient in diet coke that causes cancer?
My friends said it and i dont know if i should believe it or not!...

Is this Colon Cancer??
I was at overnight camp and I got diarrhea for most of the summer. Now I also notice when I wipe, i see a tiy bit of blood on the toilet paper. I came home from camp and the same this is going on. I ...

I want a nice careing woman to love and look after me. Any offers?

Cancer spread through saliva ?
Wana know if Cancer can be spread through saliva in the mouth while kissing ?

I have read something on the internet about the same - and i wana confirm.

Please provide accurate ...

Can you get tongue cancer? what are some characteristics or synthoms?

Need help before i start cancer treatment.?
hi, i'm from Dhaka, Bangladesh. my sister is a cancer patient, born cancer last stage. i went Rajive Gandhi Cancer Hospital, Rohini, two weeks ago. we got treatment from DR. Chaturbethi.
<...

Stop smoking?
All people in my family who have passed b/c of cancer were smokers who smoked for 15+ years and stopped. After about 5- 10 years cancer showed. The rest of the members in my family who continue to ...

I had a mammogram yesterday and today the hospital called?
and made an appt. for me to get an ultrasound. My appt. isnt till Monday and just thought I'd ask you what I should worry about, if any. I appreciate your thoughts and comments....

Can you stay attached to your mom by the umbilical cord for at least a year, if so how many years possible?:?

Can itching of the breast be a sign of cancer?
For about 2 weeks I have itching of my left breast in the areola. I feel an urge to scratch and then is OK, however it repaeats during the day, I do not see anything strange apart from a bit of red ...

I think I may have adv lung cancer. Weird symptoms but afraid to see a doctor if its too late. Any hope 4 me?
Read an article about strange back pains - it all fits. Ive smoked for almost 30 years and quit a year ago. Getting tingling sensations in various parts, leg, arm, face, eyes. Constant headache. M...

How long does someone in stage 4 colon cancer have to live?
My dad was just diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. I've done some research and read a few answers here on yahoo. Everyone is saying that this is "a death sentence". I was wondering ...

Who will i marrie?

Can you obtain a handicap decal being diagnoised with Osteoporosis?
had bone density test & was advised my bones are really really thin and was prescribed B...

walters
How can you tell the difference between a fibroid lump and a cancerous lump in your breast?

babyface
you have to be seen by a specist then have a mamogram done then its up to the doctor if he wants to do a boipsy then ypull know

xxandra
Typically, a fibroid lump will be round and mobile, meaning that it is not attached to any other tissue. It can be sensitive to the touch, or downright painful, and can be accompanied by itching as well. Normally, these lumps are associated with menstrual changes, and the symptoms will often worsen just before menstruation.

Cancerous lumps are more characteristically solid, with irregular borders, and are often non-mobile, meaning that they're attached to other tissue. Normally, pain is not usually associated with a cancerous lump.

HOWEVER... these are by no means standards to make a diagnosis from, and they do not hold true in all cases. In most cases, if one were to visit a doctor, a mammogram would be ordered, and possibly followed by an aspiration, which involves inserting a needle into the lump and attempting to drain fluid. If the lump is drainable, it's likely just a cyst, but the fluid would still normally be tested by a pathologist to detect the presence of cancer.

Hope this helps... and remember, 8 out of 10 breast lumps turn out to be non-cancerous when investigated further.

Jenna
You really can't. Every woman in my family has fibrocystic breasts...no history of cancer...so naturally my doctor thought that mine was just fibrocystic too especially since he could move it and it wasn't really hard. He said you couldn't move cancer, that cancer lumps didn't hurt and that it wasn't hard enough. You probably should see your doctor if you are concerned and get him/her to order you a mammogram or ultrasound and go from there. Also, a fibrocystic lump will come and go, get smaller and bigger and then smaller again. If your lump is staying the same size or growing then I would be very concerned and get on in to see someone as soon as possible.

cookiesmom
you cant.....these are not even always detectable without an examination...go to the doc

Kat
Rating
You can't. Get to a doctor.

hoodoowoman
All lumps should be examined by a doctor. Go ahead, make the appointment, it will feel good to finally know and not worry. Good luck.

NATIVE NEW YORKER
A BIOPSY - GOOD LUCK

ruthie_richardson
It's hard to tell the difference, most of the time, only a biopsy can tell it the lump is cancerous. Pain in and around the lump could give you a red flag for a cancerous lump. Look at your family history for breast cancer as opposed to fibroid tumors.

T M
You can't tell the difference. Even doctors that check for lumps all the time still take biopsies to know for sure. If you notice a change in any lump you need to see a doctor as soon as possible. For the mental relief, if nothing else. Good Luck! ~TM

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy