Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

If a person is diagnosed with cancer do u think they have a right to know?
When my father was diagnosed my mother and 2 sisters felt that telling him would only make him worse. He was given 4-6 months to live and the doctors said there was nothing could be done for him. Its ...

My friend is dying of cancer- I don't know what to say to him.?

Is it wrong to not tell your family you have might have serious cancer?
I'm 22 and don't want to worry anyone. I've told a few friends about the biopsy, but not the results.
Additional Details

Is there anything now days that doesn't give you cancer?
organic food doesn't then it does, high fat diets do then don't,low fat diets do then don't. If you eat a malteaser on a Wednesday afternoon you are more likely to get cancer than if ...

Can you get lung cancer from one of your famliy members that smokes and you dont?
My dad smokes since he was 18 years old. Can I get lung cancer from him even if i dont smoke?...

I want to test out a theory about smokers.?
A co-worker and I were discussing this, and I wanted others opinions on it. I am a smoker, she quit several years ago. She think that most smokers skip breakfast, she did when she smoked and now ...

Should smokers be put to the back of the line when they wait for treatment caused by smoking.?
i think non smokers should get prefferential treatment and get operated on first as long as the op is not life threatening.smokers have brought on their own afflictions and deserve to be treated last,...

Why cant my son talk? Serious only please!!?
My son is almost 2, and he cant talk. Have you dealt with this? what is wrong with him???

If youpost anything derogitory about my son, I will flag you and send you a citation !!!!!!!!!!...

Why is life so bl@@dy cruel?
Just when i thought my life couldn't get any worse than it is already, something comes along and smacks me full belt in the face and knocks the wind out of my sails!
I lost my wonderful mum ...

You have one year to live, tops you find out 5 days before your wedding Day, Do you tell your spouse?
you get diagnosed with a terminal illness that is incureable, you find out five days before you get married, you have about a year to live and you already told them you cannot have children. Do you ...

Should cigarette smokers be refused medical treatment for lung cancer if they continue smoking?

My dad has cancer, is it wrong for me to be tired of fighting?
I understand that its really him fighting it and not me, but we have been doing this for 2 years now, dont get me wrong I DONT want him to give up, its just that this is all getting to me. Im so ...

How do you get bone cancer?

Question on smoking?
I smoke around 2 - 3 marlboro red ciggerates everyday. Obviously its going to effect my body, but how severely do you think it will effect me? Also I started about a year and a half ago.
A...

CAn another dr call another dr about a patient with out the patients premission
dont they need you to ...

Do you have a family membor or friend whos suffered from cancer?
both my mum and dad have passed away cos of cancer.

if cancer was standing in front of you right now. what would you do?

personally, i would kick the living **** out of it.

I've already asked this but I want as many answers as pos. What is worse epilepsy or cancer of the blood?

Do people still give there hard earned $$$$$ to the cancer society ?
they have cures they dont want you to know about why cure it they say you will make billions but they make 100 x's that now why cure it....

Is it true that even if you stop today after like 15 yrs of smoking that the damage is already done?
Do your lungs ever truly heal?...

Why do you think children get cancer?

None
How can i tell my parents i think i have cancer?
I'm 19 and have a small lump and think i might have testicular cancer. I know i need to have it checked out but just cant seem to tell my parents i have a lump and think i need to see a doctor. I have tried to tell them a few times but cant manage to tell them coz i know i'll have to go to the doctors and i hate hospitals/needles/surgery etc . Can people please give me some advice on how i can do it. I have to tell them tomorrow morning coz i am meant to be leaving in the afternoon back to university. so can people please tell me how i can tell them when they say "how are you" or something tomorrow?

~*sakura*~
Rating
Just sit them down and talk to them. I think it's more about telling them you're worried about it rather than thinking you have it. They'll give you any support you need. Definitely go to the doctors.

Simmi
Just tell them straight out. Don't hide anything. Get this checked out as soon as possible. If it is cancer, you have a much better chance the earlier it is dealt with.

Asad
Rating
Your health should come first over your nervousness.

Just tell your parents that you have a bump and you need to get it checked out now. If it is cancer, God forbid, it's nothing to play around with. Don't wait until tomorrow, tell them now. Do what's best for you.

Good luck! I wish the best for you!

Susie
hi
i just think you need to come straight out with the fact that you have found a lump and need to get it checked out, your parents will be really good with you and please don't worry about hospitals,needles,surgery etc I'm 46 have 3 grown up children and I'm terrified of those things but sometimes we have to be strong and face things we don't like, when you do go the Dr's tell them your frightened of these things, i find if i tell them they are very understanding which makes things easier for me, please tell your parents as i would like to think my boys would tell me.

sweetie
please don't worry to much it could just be a cyst which is very common x

sherminator
Rating
I think your over reacting a bit. i had a lump on my testical and i went to the docs and they sent me for a scan and turned out to be nothing. i still have it to this day.
Dont be scared and go and get it checked out. the doctors see this kind of thing all the time and you wont be the first and certainly not the last.
Goodluck

laplandfan
This could be and is most likely to be a harmless cyst! BUT you simply must tell your parents as they would want to know and be able to help you. I have sons aged 14 and `8 and I'd be devastated if they didn't seek my help if they had found a lump.

Please if you cannot face telling them face to face then write them a note NOW and give it to them then go to your room.
Seeing your GP is no real problem as they have seen many various body parts in their time including scrotum's.

I know it is embarrassing for you but seeing your GP could save your life. MY Mother had a friend that lost her son to testicular cancer aged 15. It's rare but it can happen so please get this sorted NOW

paperbagprincess
i wouldn't tell them i think i have cancer. i would just say i want to see the doctor, i have a lump and i wanna see a doctor about it. i'm not sure what it is. [like some other people have said]

Bren
Rating
go to the GP ur registered with at uni, u may hopefully find that it is nothing to worry about. if it is then u should start by telling yr parents u r worried something is wrong with u and that u have visited yr doc at uni, im a parent myself and i would hate to think that my children couldnt tell me or were worried about being ill. pls get it checked out asap and hopefully its nothing to worry about. good luck.

stepat
Rating
You definitely have to get it checked by a doctor, don't think for a minute you have cancer, stay positive. I know you went to the doctor when you were a little kid, it's not all that bad, what is bad is if you ignore this and it turns into something ugly later, so grit your teeth, get up your courage and tell someone and go to the doctor as soon as possible and get it taken care of, you have a long healthy life ahead of you. Good luck!!

zbooklady
Just do it - awkward or whatever. I know it's hard. But you HAVE to. You don't have to tell them you think you have cancer but that you have a lump that you really need to have checked out (I assume you're still on their insurance).

Taking the plunge is the worst part. Once you've jumped off the bridge, the rest will happen and you'll deal with it because it's there in front of you. Don't anticipate the rest. I'm telling you this as a cancer survivor. I waited 6 months after I found a lump because I was afraid of what "might be" and I have a needle phobia. That was a very bad choice because it spread dangerously in those 6 months. Hopefully we caught it at the brink of disaster.

Worst case scenario - you find out you have cancer and it doesn't get worse before you have it treated. Testicular cancer is very survivable when caught early. Best case scenario - you get the worry off your mind by finding out its a swollen lymph node or something.

L
Rating
yes, you should go to the doctor, but no need to panic just yet as it might be nothing. even if it is something, it can be treated if caught early enough.

as soon as you get up in the morning, go straight to your parents and tell them. dont wait, dont hesitate. they will worry about you, but they will be able to offer you the emotional support you need. dont keep this to yourself.

sarahjean
Rating
wen they say good morning or how are you just say "i think i have a cyst or something and i need to get it checked out."I had a sist and thats wat i told my parents.it may just be a cyst.

Diminished
You have got to find out, you have got to go to the doctor! Its probably nothing, but at the same time it is not worth the risk. Do not ignore it, because it wont go away. Ring a friend and ask them to go with you, least that way you will have someone to make you go along. Your health really isnt worth the dislike you feel for doctors.

gym
er, just say you have found a small lump and need to get it checked out?? or just go yourself.

Panda
You are considered an adult and do not need to tell your parents anything unless you want to. Make an appointment to see a doctor as soon as possible. Any type of unexplained lump should be examined by a doctor as soon as discovered. I am afraid I know a young man who waited too long . . he passed away about six months ago. His testicular cancer spred into the abdominal cavity and caused intestinal blockage. There was nothing that anyone could do to stop the disease progression and he died. The key to stopping cancer is to find it when it is small enough to remove. Do not wait any longer. This could be your life.

G A
At 19 years old you dont have to tell them anything. i would go to the doctor and get it checked out, the chances are it is not cancer, BUT YOU DONT KNOW TILL YOU GET IT CHECKED. Then tell your parents if you have something to tell them, if you are okay there is no need to worry them. Good luck I wish you well.

Lizzie
you should just be honest and upfront with them. they are your parents and they care about you. if anything they want you to be healthy. it might be scary and it might make them upset but they love you and they will help you with anything you need. just be open with them. hope it helps.

Tamart
Go an see the doctor first. It may be benign. What you think is not important. Let the experts decide then it is easier to tell your parents.

Ingo S
Rating
first of all face live as it is. my advice is go to see the doctors to find out facts ! don't frighten your parents just yet ! never mind knifes, operations, etc. be a man for once and see a doctor ! are you scared of showing '' your pride '' they are doctors my friend and probably seen more ***** etc then you have seen carrots.

Shirlthewhirl
Firstly I do hope that you do not have cancer.
Secondly, you should see a doctor asap - you could be worrying about nothing but, if you don't get yourself checked out and it is cancer then you are making things worse for yourself. Early detection of cancer is best because it has not got time to spread etc.
I would make an appointment to see your Doctor, find out what the lump actually is and, when you have the results tell your parents - even if it is just to say that you are OK Even if you get a close friend to go to the doctors with you.
OR Tell your Father that you are a little bit concerned and ask him what you should do. I know he will tell you to see a doctor but he may also suggest he goes with you to give you support.
A friend of mine had a lump and thought it was cancer, I went to the doctor with her and it turned out to be an unusual boil. She was like you, worried sick she had cancer and did not know how to tell her parents - there was no need - she was fine!!
Just as I am sure you will be.
Good luck and God Speed.

buggerlugs
Rating
you have to see your doctor please dont mess around with this-u see your gp as a matter of urgency then tell your folks good luck

sminthian1980
Rating
Tell your dad first. Chances are that it's not cancer, there are sometimes bumps. Moms tend to freak out over everything. But, at least tell someone.

mikey
Rating
Just tell them you have a lump and you would like to have it checked out.

David V
Rating
strait up dont hide it

josephrob2003
seriously, you should go see the doctor before saying anything,it could be anything,the earlier the better

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 23, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy