Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Treating Cancer with Vitamin C Mega Dose 10Grams?
I have Prostate cancer spreading to Spine. I am on Calutide 50, 3 tablets a day.
One Nobel Laureate Doctor suggests that we take
Vitamin C 10Grams Mega dose to fight cancer.
Is it ...

Not sure if this has been discuss,but what would you do?
I was watching one of those 24hr news channels, and they had brought up the hpv shot. would you let your daughter get it or not. please explain....

My mouth has a bump in it. Is this a sign of Oral Cancer?
The bump is on my lip and over the past few weeks it has been getting bigger and bigger. Also, I have little white and red things on my tong and every time I brush my teeth my tong starts bleeding.<...

I think my mom smokes!?
i found a pack of cigarettes in her room and i went in her bathroom and found one in the toilet.
and there was 2 in the backyard that my little brother and sister found.

i asked her ...

How do you feel after smoking a cigarette?
i just want to no cause i thinking about starting.!
Additional Details
HELPPP PLEASEEE...

A question about cancer?
When you go through chemo, your hair falls out, does that mean all of your hair on your body everywhere falls out?...

Cancer patient would like to know other cancer patients opinions?
I am looking for responses from cancer patients who don't just trust their Dr's automatically. People who are keeping up on advances and researching for themselves. I moved from AZ to CA ...

Can a cell phone give you brain cancer?
im being very cautious when i use my phone and i want to know if it can....

How do you know you have lung cancer?

My mom 's face is gray is that fdrom chemo, and can she died from getting chemo?

How long can you live with blood cancer?

Should my mother file for disability since she was diagnosed with breast cancer? She has no health insurance!

Any advice for me ? I have just been diagnosed with cancer in my left kidney.?
I would like to know what to expect. Will they put me on chemo or just remove the kidney and check to make sur that was enough?...

Bowel Cancer Post Op Fever of 40.5 HELP ?????
My dad had an operation for bowel cancer 3 weeks ago and although having a temperature he was released from hospital. He was taken back in last week and temperature has risen to 40.5. He is only ...

My friends mom died of cancer and i dont know what to do to help!?

I have a abnormal pab smear?
i have a abnormal pab smear. what could in ...

Is it possible to have a baby while going through Chemo?

Does cancer come up on a blood test?
im curious if cancer shows up on a blood test. like if i went to the doctors, and they drew 3 things of blood and sent them to the lab. could they tell if you had any type of cancer?...

What would you write on your "Bucket List" knowing the end was near?

Additional Details
Seriously...have you NOT watched the movie THE BUCKET LIST?

Great movie...and lots of people are doing ...

What is the worst type of cancer to get?
There are so many different types of cancers. Cancer could happen anywhere in the body. I heard that some cancers is worse than others. I heard that blood cancer is one of the worst. Which cancer is ...

Bubba Sparks
How can a woman who has smoked since age 16 (she's 74 now and still puffin a pack a day) not have cancer?
or other issues? My mother in law has smoked since she was 16 and she is 74 and smokes almost 2 packs a day. I know cause we buy them for her daily. (not with our money, she too feable to go in the store).

She takes all kinds of heart pills, vitamin e, is on oxygen at night and during the day sometimes. I do not get how someone that has smoked that long and smokes 2 packs a day does not have cancer. She does have a collapsed left lung and copd and emphezyma, but that is it and still smokes. Goes to the emergency room once a month for "breathing problems".

My uncle has smoked since he was 15 and has had 1 triple bypass, has large cell lung cancer, his right lung has collapsed already, is only 46, and is in the hospital now to get cured of pneumonia that he has had for 2 months. I dont get it. People who get cancer must have to have the gene, what do you think?

U_Mex
We don't know.

Ask the world's foremost lung cancer expert and you won't get a solid answer, what do you think you're gonna get from Yahoo, Honestly?

Swamy
There is no hard and fast rule in these things. Smoking is a big risk factor but every rule has an exception. Statistics talk of populations and averages but not of individuals. Your mother-in-law is just lucky and let her enjoy her smoke as long as she can.

Your uncle is in a way fortunate since he will be forced to give up smoking and adopt a healthy life style in general.

Ali
Rating
It's the luck of the draw! I've got eschemic heart disease (probably from smoking) at age 48. Nothing like a stent in your artery to get you to stop!! Just imagine how healthy your mother in law would be if she didn't smoke!! My mum is also 74, hasn't smoked for about 10 years. She's out and about all the time. There is nothing that she can't do!! Don't let your mother-in-law's situation fool you into thinking that smoking is OK, 'cause it's really not!!

cheryl c
I think you have hit the nail on the head. I believe some of us are luckier than others and its our genitic make up that protects or submits us to certain conditions.
I think ma is lucky to be alive puffing two packs a day. at 74 dont harrass her about it. You cant change a lifetime habit and if she dies from doing it then she is dying happily.

Kevin T
Rating
this is something you call luck. my granddad was smoking two cigarettes every day from 14 to 93 years old. he eventually died of old age.

Anthony F
Rating
Anybody who is buying her the stuff is cruel, since she can't get it herself.

David V
How can you say she doesn't have "other issues"?

She has heart problems (you mention the heart pills), emphysema which requires oxygen, and a collapsed lung.

She may have dodged the lung cancer bullet until now, but she most definitely has issues related to her smoking. And, she could develop lung cancer tomorrow.

christibro40
Well all I can tell byou is from oersonal experience and family history. My mom is 63, smoked for half that time, no signs of being a smoker. though your mom shows signs of being a smoker, she may have a healthy enough diet that is preventing the cancer itself. My mother's lings, etc do no t show signs of being a smoker. I have been exposed since i was a baby, and I have smoked snce I was about 12. I have a chronic illness, so My lungs are`chekecd almost every 6 months, mine dont even indicate I am one. or even any exposure. even with Lupus. Some people who never smoke get it, some who do never get it. There is a genetic compononent to all cancers. also diet palys a role, if she eats foods rich in antioxidents, even with her other issues, she may not die of cancer per-say, but of other ocmplicaitons..
She does have empasyma and breathing problems, and seemingly copd. if told that i would quit. I know, with all the antioxident I take in, lung cancer is the least of my worries. I also know a woman my age 40, with copd. so genetics depends a lot. Not all smokers get cancer.

even for her length of time, the likelyhood is low, and i she does, it would still give her a few years. Cancer, of anytype, is hit and miss, in my family lets say, they do not die of cancers, but of old age, or alzheimers. Your right, it is a gene that may trigger the cancer, she just dosnet have it, however, the smoking, has cause severe damage and she should quit. I have an autoimmune disease, which can attack anything, but heart and lungs always look very good, whic suprises me to no end. What will happen when I am 60 or 70, no clue, but that paticular cancer gene does not seem to be present.

I have also seemed to notice that its usually the ones that quit, who after a few years, seem to develope lung cancer. Its all very strange. so there is no real cut and dry answer. Luck and God may be with her, but emphysema may still get her, as well as COPD, if severe. The reality, like many illnesses, lung cancer is luck or unluck of the draw. I am 40 years of exposure, my own and second hand smoke, why does it show, Ive never been exposed a day in my life? Its all a mystery. so is why your mom has not developed it yet. other then that I have no explanation, then luck, genetics, and an obiovious, non-predempsidy ( im a poor dpeller sorry), to mot getting, cancers.

Good luck with you and her. she sounds like a spit-fire
Chris

Luck Be A Lady
You just never know - why have some people who eat healthy, excercise every day suddenly die while jogging? You just never know when your time is up.

gregory_usa83
Rating
Cancer has been proven time and again to be hereditary (Genes). Sometimes there are other factors such as radiation exposure or chemicals.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, June 11, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy