Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

My mom 's face is gray is that fdrom chemo, and can she died from getting chemo?

How long can you live with blood cancer?

Should my mother file for disability since she was diagnosed with breast cancer? She has no health insurance!

Any advice for me ? I have just been diagnosed with cancer in my left kidney.?
I would like to know what to expect. Will they put me on chemo or just remove the kidney and check to make sur that was enough?...

Bowel Cancer Post Op Fever of 40.5 HELP ?????
My dad had an operation for bowel cancer 3 weeks ago and although having a temperature he was released from hospital. He was taken back in last week and temperature has risen to 40.5. He is only ...

My friends mom died of cancer and i dont know what to do to help!?

I have a abnormal pab smear?
i have a abnormal pab smear. what could in ...

Is it possible to have a baby while going through Chemo?

Does cancer come up on a blood test?
im curious if cancer shows up on a blood test. like if i went to the doctors, and they drew 3 things of blood and sent them to the lab. could they tell if you had any type of cancer?...

What would you write on your "Bucket List" knowing the end was near?

Additional Details
Seriously...have you NOT watched the movie THE BUCKET LIST?

Great movie...and lots of people are doing ...

What is the worst type of cancer to get?
There are so many different types of cancers. Cancer could happen anywhere in the body. I heard that some cancers is worse than others. I heard that blood cancer is one of the worst. Which cancer is ...

What do you do or say to a person who was just diagnosed with cancer?
I know it sounds awful to even ask...
But what do you say right after a person finds out they have cancer? I know hug and cope but don't know what to say......

I need to tell my son that his grandpa has cancer and needs to have chemo. can anyone help me with this ?

Additional Details
My son is 10 years old and we live in western ...

Help! my son is addicted to cigarettes!!!?
i get my 5 year old son every weekend. he kept asking me to give him a cigarette whenever i took a smoke break. i gave him a drag, thinking it would teach him a lesson and be an awful experience ...

Does febreze give you cancer?
my teacher said that some household such as febreze and other spraying chemicals give you cancer......because when its sprayed it stores up inside the cell or body fat and keeps store up as you keep ...

Would a problem with my lungs show up indirectly if an ultrasound was done on my bladder, liver and kidneys?
I recently had an ultrasound on the above and thankfully there was nothing serious, I have been getting pains in my lungs for the past couple of months and wondered if there was something serious ...

How does chemotherapy work to treat cancer?
please dont say i dont ...

What is mitosis used for?

Will this affect my life later on?
while i was 5 years old,i broke a mercury thermometer..back then,i didnt know that mercury is very hazardous,so i just touched the mercury with my hand and i saw lots of it kinda 'enter' my ...

About different types of cancer please?
My dear cousin is in stage 4 cancer. I've never asked her what type of cancer she has but it is in many places in her body.
She's just had surgery to remove a mass in her throat. The D...

ALAN B
Has anybody had a bone scan,wot is involved please?

P1
Rating
They cut of your man weapon

creamfeather
When I had a bone scan, I had to have an injection with a fluid that was radioactive. I then had to wait, Im not sure if it was 2hours or 3 hours for it to get into my bones.
This is necessary for it to show up on the scan.
I just lay on a table while the machine went up and down doing the scan.
You dont feel anything. Its like having a long x ray.
I was told to drink plenty of water to flush out the radioative stuff that was injected, and although it was harmless to me, I was told not to be in contact with babies or children for 24 hours, until it was out of my system.
I dont know if all bone scans are done in the same way, it may depend on why you need one. I can only tell you about my own experience.
By the way, the results came back clear.

Nirmala
Rating
i had one a year ago and forgotten somethings.
here is what i remember. you go there and they will give you a injection (VERY MILDLY radioactive).
then you get on this table and the machine just takes "pictures".
after a few minutes, you are told to drink a lot of water. you return some hours later and they then take some more pictures.

sukito
Rating
Yes i have had one .they give you an injection to put dye in your arm to show up bones on your scan .I just sat down when i had mine to check my spine .that all it was .

worriedmum
You will need to have an injection, and hang around for a while about an hour I seem to recall. Then you lay on a table, I recall it being rather narrow for my bulky frame and a little uncomfortable but not painful! You lay still for quite a while and the machine passes over and under you. It seems to take a long time because you are trying so hard not to move! In fact it is not really that long at all.

Good luck with it all, you have nothing to fear. Just dont get the giggles!

bmac
You will lie on a table and the machine will start at your head, go down to your feet and then under the table to get your other side. You don't have to do anything and you won't be stuck in a tube. I've had one. I didn't even need to get undressed--just take out earrings, watch.

Snowflake
Rating
Yes I have had a complete body bone scan before. It does not hurt and you are not physically touched by any machinery. There is a table you lay on and the scanning is done above you. You might have to change positions but that is it. Dont be afraid it is nothing!

kitoffbeardon69
the radiologist injects a little radio-active syrum into your vein that will go to the region that they will scan... then let it intensify...after a while they will then scan what they need to scan .. it is all pretty painless apart from a small scratch as they say when they inject you... dont be afraid. I promise.. nothing to worry about

Radiographer
just like the people sed, a small injection of radioactive tracer in your arm then you will go away for 3 ish hours then come back and lie on a table, a camera will go over your body (very close to u but it will not touch u) the scan takes approx 20 mins (depending if they scan head to knees or head to toe) it oesnt hurt or make any noise and people will be able to sit next to u whilst it is being done. u jst have to stay away from very close contact with babies for a while after. if u have any questions just ask the radiographer!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, June 11, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy