Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Would a CT scan be used in treatment of a fractured little finger?
From a health investigation point of view, an employee is under question over the amount of time they are taking off from work.
There has been no operations but the finger in question has just ...

Could I have colon cancer?
For the past two weeks my stool has been loose.
Not diarreha but not hard. For the past two days I've had bright red blood and mucus in my stool. I think I've lost around 8-10 lbs. C...

Songs about cancer???
so i need some songs that deal with cancer my mom died 7 years ago and it's really hard even now because not a day goes by that i don't think about her. country songs would be great but ...

Can anti-perspirants really cause breast cancer?
Can anti-perspirants really cause breast cancer?...

What happens to patient if bowel not working two weeks after kidney removal?

Can stem cells be used for curing AIDS?

Irregular moles?
when should you be screened for skin cancer? im 25 and have 3 small irregualar moles on my lower thigh and i dont know wether or not to be concerned....

Can you get cancer from being pinched???
just want to know.....

Colon Cancer symptoms, if any.?
I'm in my mid-50's and my mother died of colon cancer at age 73. My doctor has never indicated that it is necessary for me to have testing done besides the "strip" of paper test. ...

Anyone know much about synovial sarcoma and whether it is a serious cancer?
what are the chance of a sarcoma coming back because i have been given the all clear after bieng diognosed over a year ago with synovial sarcoma to the neck.... grade 2....

Chemotherapy question?
My sister in law is undergoing chemotherapy,and has four seesions left ..Last week her ankle and half way up the leg has swollen ,as if its got water in it.Do you know if this is a side effect of the ...

Does thalidomide still have effects on the world today?

What are the five cancer causing foods?
Whoever hits it on the nail or closest to the correct answer gets 10 points....

Renal Carcinoma?
I was having renal cell carcinoma and undervent for nephroctomy around 6 months back. Kemotherapy is going to be compleeted(Interon A injuction) I have only one Kidny now and is there any chance for ...

My grandpa is about to die from colon cancer and my family and I are not sure what to expect. ??
He has stage IV colon cancer that has mestasized to the liver. He has had surgery to remove part of the tumor in his rectum. He also has alzheimer's. In the past month he has become extremely ...

What can cause your hands to shake?

Additional Details
its my 81 yr old dad. he has liver cancer and is diabetic 2. but in the 2 days he can't even hold a spoon and just doesnt feel good at all....

Does anyone have any ideas of raising ideas?
my class is trying to raise $1750 for the leukemia and lymphoma society....

Is there a program that helps cancer patients with financial hardships, especially house and car payments?
i was recently diagnosed with colon cancer. I have not worked in months, therefor i fell behind in my car payments; have no home to call my own; and is really financially in a bind. My husband ...

Feeling sick w/ cancer?
If i thought i had cancer would i be able to tell if i feel ill or sick before hand, because i have a small feeling that i have testicular cancer but i feel 100% healthy, if i did have cancer would i ...

Is a yellow eye in a photo a sign of something wrong in a adult human?
I know its fine in pets, but i have read some worrying reports of signs of trouble in children, but not too sure with adults....

metalfan2405
Does your hair grow back after radiation treatment for cancer?
Do you loose your hair forever or does it grow back?

doinky37
Yep, it grows back, thankfully. I like having eyebrows especially.

stacey g
Rating
ye

hoodoo
Rating
Radiation cooked the hair off the right side of my head.
Took about a month for it to grow back. On the plus side, at 54 years old, even though I sported a pony tail for 30 years I lost it too, but the hair on the top of my head is coming back thick and dark. The hair in back where the ponytail was, is a lot thicker and dark. For the first time in my life, I have enough facial hair to grow a decent looking beard. Cool.

spice_mwe
Everyone has similar results but of course there are varients due to different body chemistries.

I know one person who didn't lose any hair at all, another who lost all of their hair, and then another who lost only their hair but not their eyebrows.

From what I have been told those who lost their hair gradually got it back after treatments stopped. Most people have noticed a change in hair color, thickness, and texture.

I have on Obama's Glasses
Rating
I had chemo.
I lost all my hair eyebrows lashes last april they are all back now, hair is about two inches long now, and curly, was not curly before..
my eyelashes came back real quick and so did eyebrows..

radiation did not bother hair at all...no big deal to have the radiation at all...

bunny
Rating
It will eventually grow back but it may be finer and different in color and texture. My mom lost nearly all of her hair when she had chemo but it came back softer and finer and darker(she was going gray before).

puppysyndrome
My husband had a glioblastoma brain tumor and he had extensive radiation...5 times a week for 6 weeks. About 4 1/2 weeks into his treatments, he lost his hair....but not all of it....only in the areas where the radiation was being directed. He ended up shaving his whole head and it did grow back but it was a different texture than before the radiation.

Wherever radiation is being directed on the body is where the hair will be lost, unlike chemo where all hair usually goes.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, November 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy