Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Am I the only mother that would do this?
So we are on a trip in Mexico for 9 more days. I have 2 boys ages 14 and 8 and they have extremely fair skin, and there is skin cancer in our family genes. Yes, I slather bot of them down with ...

Can we please get something straight?
There has never been one solid link to connect smoking with cancer. If you know of just one chemical that links tobacco with cancer then please tell me as there are billions of dollars on offer to ...

If cell phones really cause cancer how long &/or how much use does it take?

How many people here personally know someone with Cancer or has Cancer themselves?

Additional Details
I am a four year survivor. I am 34....

Would you rather have a cure for cancer or have 4 men walk on the moon?
Britain and china are both planning to re visit the moon, it will cost about £1billion for each country lol. Would you rather the money be spent to find a cure for cancer?
I wouldn't, id ...

Help - why won't my mom take me to the doctor?
A few years or so back I noticed I had a small lump near my jaw bone. My parents think it's just a fatty tumor. Flash forward to a few days ago and I noticed a lump behind my life shoulder blade....

Breast Cancer!! I'm only 13?
I was wondering how to check for breast cancer. 'Cause I have pimple like lumps on my nipple. Also is it possible to get pimples on your breasts cause I've been wearing the same bra, ...

Why is CANCER so deadly?
My great-uncle died from cancer of the oesophagus (the food tube from the mouth to the stomach) It then spread to other organs, such as the heart and lungs. What makes the body decide to turn on ...

If a person is diagnosed with cancer do u think they have a right to know?
When my father was diagnosed my mother and 2 sisters felt that telling him would only make him worse. He was given 4-6 months to live and the doctors said there was nothing could be done for him. Its ...

My friend is dying of cancer- I don't know what to say to him.?

Is it wrong to not tell your family you have might have serious cancer?
I'm 22 and don't want to worry anyone. I've told a few friends about the biopsy, but not the results.
Additional Details

Is there anything now days that doesn't give you cancer?
organic food doesn't then it does, high fat diets do then don't,low fat diets do then don't. If you eat a malteaser on a Wednesday afternoon you are more likely to get cancer than if ...

Can you get lung cancer from one of your famliy members that smokes and you dont?
My dad smokes since he was 18 years old. Can I get lung cancer from him even if i dont smoke?...

I want to test out a theory about smokers.?
A co-worker and I were discussing this, and I wanted others opinions on it. I am a smoker, she quit several years ago. She think that most smokers skip breakfast, she did when she smoked and now ...

Should smokers be put to the back of the line when they wait for treatment caused by smoking.?
i think non smokers should get prefferential treatment and get operated on first as long as the op is not life threatening.smokers have brought on their own afflictions and deserve to be treated last,...

Why cant my son talk? Serious only please!!?
My son is almost 2, and he cant talk. Have you dealt with this? what is wrong with him???

If youpost anything derogitory about my son, I will flag you and send you a citation !!!!!!!!!!...

Why is life so bl@@dy cruel?
Just when i thought my life couldn't get any worse than it is already, something comes along and smacks me full belt in the face and knocks the wind out of my sails!
I lost my wonderful mum ...

You have one year to live, tops you find out 5 days before your wedding Day, Do you tell your spouse?
you get diagnosed with a terminal illness that is incureable, you find out five days before you get married, you have about a year to live and you already told them you cannot have children. Do you ...

Should cigarette smokers be refused medical treatment for lung cancer if they continue smoking?

My dad has cancer, is it wrong for me to be tired of fighting?
I understand that its really him fighting it and not me, but we have been doing this for 2 years now, dont get me wrong I DONT want him to give up, its just that this is all getting to me. Im so ...

Nona
Does eating too much ice give a person cancer?

whiterose1947
No it doesn't. It's just really really cold water.

Sara B
Rating
Ive never heard that but chewing ice screws up the enamel on ur teeth

BeautifulEyes
Rating
absolutley not!Cancer is a group of more than 100 different diseases. Cancer occurs when cells become abnormal and keep dividing and forming more cells without control or order.

All organs of the body are made up of cells. Normally, cells divide to produce more cells only when the body needs them. This orderly process helps keep us healthy.

If cells keep dividing when new cells are not needed, a mass of tissue forms. This mass of extra tissue, called a growth or tumor, can be benign or malignant.

mischa
No, eating ice does not give a person cancer. But, many people with cancer chew ice. It's a form of pica, many people who will are low on iron chew on ice. Many people that have cancer or other diseases have low hemoglobin.Hemoglobin deficiency will give people the urge to chew ice.

twysty
i dont think so

vern2618
Rating
No, unless your have ice from fast food restaurants, studies have shown that ice can be more nasty than toilet water. I still don't think you could get cancer from it, but who knows?

ft3535
what are you making your ice with
I use filtered water
and water is good for you
so ice is also good for you
so my answer to your question is NO

good luck
smile

NO, ice is just frozen water.

flinch
No but it might give you broken teeth.

emo eyes
no, but it will crack your teeth.

SOUTHPAW GOT REPORTED!!
What doesn't give you cancer these days?

JESSICAluvzMIKE
God I never heard such a thing! I hope not cuz I drink tons of ice water! I would say no it doesnt cause cancer!

Monte T
I have not heard this myth. The ice would have to made from water with carcinogens in it. Ice is just water. How much ice are we talking.

cparkmi331
ice is water. water doesnt give us cancer. if water gave us cancer, we would all be cancered filled because most of body is made up of water. the only thing you can get from water, is poisoning or bacteria from drinking bad water. so if you have to drink out off a creek, river, or lake, make sure you boil it first. no need to fret over cancer from eating too much ice.

skcs69
Rating
No.

D'Asia
Rating
No!!!

cajunrescuemedic
No, unless the ice had a cancer causing substance. I've never known frozen water to be cancerous.

laura s
no

glamour04111
Rating
no

bannantynegirl
Rating
dont think so

FaZizzle
Rating
No. Eating ice, frozen water, will NOT give you cancer. Ice is neutral with no side effects, especially when made from pure water.

St♥rmy Skye
Rating
no.

TheGeneral
Are you that naive?Food gives you cancer stop eating now.Do they actually teach in school nowadays?

ckm1956
No, just a headache.

juneaulady
No, but compulsive eating ice can actually mean an iron deficiency which can lead to severe anemia. I know this sounds a bit weird, but it is true, It is called pica.

Check out the website.

*Aimzie*
Rating
does drinking water give you cancer? no. Its just frozen water. thats not cancerous.

Tikiâ„¢
Rating
I don't think so. Ice is just frozen water, and unless it's cancerous frozen water then I think you're fine.

SKYDOGSLIM
no, getting cancer gives people cancer

Steve Urkel
Rating
rofl.. no! ice is water... water is good for u...

happydawg
Rating
No that is not true, but eating ice all of the time to the extent it is bothersome to those around you is called pica.
You will end up anemic and malnurished if you keep it up.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy