Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Where is my brain location?
I don't know!?...

Breast Lump?????
Okay, I'm helping my mum to ask this. She's 40 years old.

Few days ago, she discovered a tiny lump above her right breast. You cant really see it, but when u touched it, it feels ...

Can cervix cancer kill you?
I have just been told that I have cancer of the cervix and that I need to have surgery! Right before I found out I was engaged to be married but right now everything is at a stand still because of ...

My aunt has cancer?
she's gonna live, thank god. she starts chemo Monday. she'll lose her hair. she has really good hair and takes care of it. I'm thinking of shaving my head. if she has no hair, I have ...

Stage 4 colon cancer?
My mom has stage 4 colon cancer. It has spread to her lungs, liver, and bones. Chemotherapy has not helped. I have heard of natural remedies. I know that stage 4 is very very hard to cure, but are ...

UK Smokers, how many of you have given up smoking BECAUSE of impositions created by the smoking ban ?
Or how many of you reckon that it would be an excellent Resolution for the New Year BECAUSE of the smoking ban in particular?
Additional Details
krtctrkr : good point, taking into ...

During what years can breast cancer affect you?

I have a big lump on the bottom of my ball sack. could this be a sign of prostate cancer?

Additional Details
is this a sign of paranoia or not because im only 18. i was told that it was not possible to get testicular cancer at 18....

Who thinks that a cure for a cold and cancer has already been found but...?
they do not want to publicize it as it'll ruin lots and lots and lots of jobs and big companies will lose money
Additional Details
just read a few answers so far and there is only ...

I heard smoking gives you lung cancer?
Is this true?...

I have pain in my breast, chest, upper back & neck but scared to go to to doctor and find out its cancer?

Is there anyone with words of encouragement I can send to my Mom who was just told she has Bladder Cancer?
My mom had emergency surgery last week and they removed a large tumor from her bladder. She was told the other day it was Stage 2, Grade 4 Cancer. Surgery will be needed and she will have to leave ...

Forget it ever happend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

My friend found out he has cancer. I need some advice.?
Me && my friend have been friends for 3 years now when middle school started. He always told me I was the girl who brang the light out of him.
But today at lunch he told that he was ...

How many years of smoking does it take to develop Lung Cancer ?

The study about cancer is called as what?
it starts with the letter 'O'...

Is there any cure for brain cancer?
please. i need the answers A.S.A.P. can anyone give any information about brain cancer, the treatments and how to cure this disease? preferably in asia ones, i want to help someone and he is now ...

Can it harm if you go on sunbed for a few minutes at a time after treatment for breast cancer?
Would only do about 3 mins about 4 times. do not want to look white on ...

Am I more likely to have cancer?
My grandmother died of cancer. She was a serious chain smoker. I lived with her several years of my life. Her and I lived with her boyfriend who was also a chain smoker. In otherwords, the house ...

Do I have cancer?
When ever i have a crap, it hurts, its like the skin is tearing. the skin is tender also....

BelloJello
Does drinking a bottled water (that has been left in the car) safe? I heard it leads to breast cancer?
Because of the chemicals inside the plastic that is activated or "melted away" from the bottle from the heat that is accumulated within the car.

dopefiend5
yes, it is.... as you know a water bottle made from plastic should never be reused..... at the liquid takes the bottle no more space more lead spreads.... you should tell this to students... or children.... at any age it is still unhealthy

Ryan B
Wow, rofl, thats funny. But if it sits in there, probably bacteria and stuff forms and plastic is absorbed in the water. Maybe yes.

Susan T
Rating
Hmm, I heard it leads to the depletion of the ozone layer. I think don't risk it.

pcreazy
Rating
haha, drink away... you'll be alright!! seriously, if whoever told you that was pulling your chain

lennie
Rating
I read about that just recently, and I say When in doubt throw it out. Why take chances.

Poppy
I don't know about any cancer it can cause, but they do warn not to reuse the plastic bottle because of chemical break-down which can harm you. I think I would toss the used bottle of water in the car.

Lea
If your bottle is to hot before or after water is in it, yes those chemicals are hazardous, throw it out. You would taste it.

*HANNA*
Rating
When its very hot outside and you leave your bottled water inside your car for hours lets say....it can cause the inside moisture thus creates bacteria and leads to cancer.

I might be wrong :)

i dont know, google it.
i have no idea
but if you heard that i would try it........
but i think you can drink the water
it just cant be left there when its realllyyy
hot and then you drink it

cher85
noo its not bad but if its day old if u reuse a bottle more then once its not good to ....once is ok after the plastic starts to have some chemical reaction with our water ...interesting isnr it...

suzie_lea_2007
Rating
It takes a pretty high heat for plastic to melt so I don't think that you would get much of the chemicals from the bottle into the water. That's why they make drink bottles out of plastic.

Also to the first poster cancer is basically a viral infection.

You may get more bacteria from the water which could lead to an upset stomach but I doubt it they try to make water as pure as possible to make it as safe as possible.

It sounds like a rumor to me. If you listen to each and every thing ever said about what leads to cancer of different parts of your body you wouldn't want to do anything, eat/drink anything anymore.

Angela B
Rating
When you leave a plastic bottle of water in a hot car the plastic softens a bit and can leech harmful chemicals into the water. I suggest buying your own water bottle and refilling it. Most new plastic items have been altered to not include the toxic chemicals from the old ones.

immasammi
Rating
they say that from the bottle breaking down and getting into the water but i dont know how true it is. i drink water thats been in my car a long time

Tania Y
Rating
no it not safe. i got sick from it and it had bacteria. you need fresh un open water everytime. what i do is recycle the water on my plants outside.

Jewles
Rating
Yes, a bottle of water can leak poison into your water at room temperature. But not all plastic bottles are dangerous only the ones with the high numbers on the bottom such as 6 or 7. Find a clear none colored bottle of water that has a low number such as 1 or 2.

The chemicals in the water can cause breast cancer. But don't worry about it. Because you eat lots of foods that don't have chemicals in them.

Sa Via
Rating
eww god i doubt it but i hope not....

wait i dont think that first answer is right because cancer isnt a bacterial infection. I dont think it has much to do with bacteria.

ward
According to snopes this is just a rumor. See
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/petbottles.asp

Corie S
Rating
No, digestive distrest maybe but definately not breast cancer.

This is SPARTA
Rating
hmmm... ive never heard about that one. I will edit this later becuase i should find some links on that... sounds more like a rumor to me.

EDIT: here are some links, both claiming it to be false:
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/medical/a/bottled-water.htm

lo_mcg
There has been a hoax email circulating for some time making this false claim. There have been several questions about this recently, so I assume the email is doing the rounds again.

No, it is not true.

There are in fact a number of myths circulating about plastic water bottles causing cancer.

These links give the facts behind these rumours/hoaxes about plastic water bottles and cancer:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/medical/a/bottled-water.htm
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/plastic-cancer-link-hoax.html
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/cookplastic.asp

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy