Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Is George Bush a really good president???
Is George Bush a really good president???...

I was wondering if anyone possibly knew a type of cancer that could appear suddenly and be terminal?
I was wondering if there was any kind of cancer that could appear out of the blue (or be growing or becoming worse without the person knowing until it was too late), or just make a person feel ill, ...

Is this colon cancer? I'm 21 years old?
My bowel habits have changed in the past few months, maybe? I've had some diarrhea some days, and then sometimes I do not go for a day or two. I have noticed that when I eat more fruit the ...

How can we prevent Cancer?
Can any one tell me how can we prevent Cancer,.......we dont hv any prevention about this bad ...

My friend has breast cancer what should I do?
My friend discovered she has breast cancer about 2 years ago. It's the first stage of the illness. Is she got a chance, she hasn't been getting treatment since then. Just took a very short ...

I am a teacher should I give up smoking or tell them to smoke?

My co-worker is undergoing chemo & radiation therapy for 8 wks for breast cancer. Am I @ risk in small office?
I am afraid to ask her because I don't want to hurt her feelings. I want to try to have a baby soon but I don't know if the radiation treatment she will have will effect my chances of ...

My family's reaction to my cancer...?
I found out I have ovarian cancer last year. Although my family visited me in the hospital and I recovered at my mother's home, no one mentions it. They don't ask me about my follow up ...

How old do you have to be to get breast cancer?
I have no history of it in our family but I have this lump in my breast, actually in both. I told my mother about it but it was on the day I was on my period. She said to wait it out a bit and then ...

Do i have cancer in my neck?
i have found a lump on the side of my neck it quite hard an doesnt really hurt i have been to my doctors an he gave me antibiotics to see if it will clear up and to go back in 2 weeks but i just cant ...

What are cancer sticks?

Is it true that if you pick a freckle or mole out of your skin, its possible to get some type of skin cancer??
only answer if you actuallly know for a fact. . not if you've only heard from someone like me.

Has the cure for cancer already been discovered?

Is there any way to guarentee you won't get cancer?

My Mom is very sick PLEASE ANWSER !!!!!!?
what should i do
my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer 6yrs ago
and ever since then she has been going through hell

what should i do ???

i'm only 12...

Could this be a sign of breast cancer? (or something else)?
Im a 15 year old girl. I use the tanning bed quite often and lately i have noticed that my nipples are cracking and then today one of them started bleeding without me doing anyything and now it burns....

Am I at a high risk for breast cancer if both of my dad's sisters have/had it?
A year ago, one of my dad's sisters lost her battle with breast cancer.

My dad's other sister just found out she has breast cancer.

There are only two sisters.
<...

Do I have cancer?
I have had a pretty eventful day, I broke up with my boyfriend. Ditched a party, then decided to watch some tv. I cried, after i broke up with him, then watched two tv shows, cried over those too. W...

How can one lessen the nausea of chemotherapy?
I just finished my second round. IT is so hard!...

What does it mean when you vomit blood, urinate blood, and cough up blood?

Lees
Does cancer have an odor?

Montu K
Rating
no cause its an internal disease

ebiyedinak
Rating
No. But it affect your smell buds and you can smell certain odour even when they are not arround you.

inverse_mushroom_cloud
Hmmm. Let me check.

Nope. That's just my armpit ....

Autumlief
Rating
Advanced cancer does have an oder if it is esophageal, lung, cervical, head and neck, etc. Confined cancers limited to the abdomen do not usually have oders.

Christine M
Rating
no

charlie
No cancer itself doesnt have a smell, but people who are sick do. Does that make sense???! My Mum had stage 4 incurable terminal kidney cancer that basically spread thru her body and she did have a 'smell'. it wasnt unpleasant it was basically because her organs where shutting down and basically 'rotting' on the inside. Very nasty disease, very strange question but hope it helps.

misha
Rating
It depends on the type, location and severity of the cancer. Cancer can often times cause necrosis or "rotting" of the area affected. This can lead to a odor sometimes of a rotting scent.

John
Rating
Perhaps not too humans but I suspect dogs can smeel or detect certain types of cancers. I have heard of a number of cases and in my particular instance our dog acted quite differently with myself, months before I was diagnosed with having cancer. I didn't realise it then but looking back he was more clingy, in that he would constantly be by my side and stay close to me even when my wife was in the room, whom he would nearly always gravitate to in favour of myself prior to my cancer.

So I suspect cancer does have an odour and dogs have an ability to sense this type of ailment. In fact, I have read that dogs were being used to smell / detect cancer in certain patients. The following article may be of interest;

Doc
Rating
Not to the human nose.
However, there have been some studies that dogs have been able to detect cancer from dried skin or urine. The clinic claims a 99% accuracy.

Peter K
Apparently dogs can be trained to detect certain types of cancer.

ANGELA R
Rating
yes, it has a strong distinct smell to it, you can normally smell it first through a bowel movement it will or can smell sweet/ fruity, or sour/strong.

docaga
cancer doesn't have a distinct smell. cancer are tisues of certain organs that are abnormally growing fast. these cancer cells usually outgrow their blood supply. if this happens, the tissues that do not have blood supply will die. this will cause the bad odor that we smell from patients with cancer. the smell of rotting tissues.

widow1963
not that I've every noticed.....however, I have a cat that either smells or senses something, becaue every time my cancer has returned, he suddenly gets extra "lovey" and is constantly on me or near me and pretty much won't let me out of his sight, when I am home with him.....it's the weirdest thing I have ever seen, but he's been right every time!!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy