Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

What is stage 4 colon cancer?
I just found out my cousins had surgery for tumor in his colon that is probably cancer and probably stage 4, they also had found spots on his liver. What is the prognosis if this is cancer and it ...

I need ur sugestion pls?
my dad has cirrhosis and now he is aware of his health and he takes care of his health my question is ........ is he gone live for long life? now he is 50yrs ...

Is it possible to design a virus that only targets cancer cells?

I think i might have cancer.....?
under my jaw on the left side, i feel a bump and when i grab it its pretty big
like is it something normally in the neck or is it........................soemthing else..............
A...

Does the Medical Profession have a cure for Cancer? If yes where? If not Why?
So much money is donated and gave for cancer who gets it and where is our cure?
And why not?...

Pls tell me what are the symptoms of brain tumour ??
severe headaches, nausea feelings, vomitting blood sometimes, weakness while walking,...

Friend's (He's only 15) Mother Died, what to do?
My friends mother died today, of cancer which she has been battling for 20 years. He is only 15, I haven't talked to him since it happened, I am wondering how I could help him get through it. He ...

Can a hospital refuse to give treatment to a cancer patient if they do not have any insurance?
My best friend has breast cancer but she does not have any medical insurance. She went to her local family independence agency and applied for it and the agency said that her case is now pending, ...

Can your blood tell doctors that u have cancer?
lets say u go for a check up on ur blood and the way the doctors ask u to get another types of checks is if there is something wrong with ur blood right? like the cells are weard and those things? ...

Thyroid cancer?
if you have thyroid cancer, and you have your thyroid taken out, can the cancer still spread?...

Cancer??????????????
are boys can have bress ...

Question of dying?
I was going to post this in religion, but considering i am dying from cancer. What are some of your thoughts on the subject?...

Chemo and hair loss?
If someome has chemo treatments, is there an average amount of time when they will start to lose their hair? Like, is it after the very first treatment or after a few? Of course, I know not ...

Why people with lung cancer die faster then other cancer patiants? Thank you?

What if you wait too late for a bone marrow transplant?
i know someone who had lukemia . he has the rare kind thats usually found in children. he needed a bone marrow transplant. he was getting chemo, but held off on the transplant, to find one and he has ...

How often should i get a check up for cancer?
They found in my tonsils but i was told it was benign (that the cancerous cells werent active) and they removed my tonsils. They took other samples to make sure they got it all. But i have to wait ...

Is it true that coffee gives you cancer?
i heard it somewhere is all, but dont know if its true....
Additional Details
what else is wrong with coffee?...

My father has stage 4 small cell lung cancer.?
Just found out the cancer has moved to the brain. What can we expect next and what is the life expectancy?...

Can a person with A- give blood for someone that is A+?
My Uncle is in bad health and I want to donate blood to ...

I heard something about moles and cancer being related, is there any truth in that?
I'm not too worried, but i have a small mole on my face that started bugging me today, whats up with it?...

fob1
Do men have a greater risk to get colon cancer?

awwfu
Rating
yes they do it is higher risk in men then women even though women can get it to

cellphonedc
Rating
Yes, it's more hereditary in males than it is in females.

jane d
Rating
anyone can get colon cancer.

quijibored
Rating
essentially the same for men and women

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic413.htm

answer my ? n keep it going lol
i dont ******* kno ask the damn doctor

niketlk
yes

Gaetan
Rating
Yes they do. Colon cancer risk is mainly age related, and only peripherally gender related. The risk of males getting colon cancer is nearly identical to the one of females being a full 5 years older. This means that at the same age, men have a substantially greater risk of getting colon cancer than women.

Keep in mind that this overall risk is extremely low. For a men 50 years old or a woman of 55 years old, the risk is only 0.06%. For a man of 60 years old or a woman of 65 years old, the risk rises to 0.14% (still extremely low).

Please note, per several contrarian doctors colon cancer is becoming overtested in the U.S. This is in good part because the risk that a colonoscopy procedure perforates your intestine (a really bad thing) is actually much higher than the colon cancer risk.

In view of the above, even if you are a man I would not get a colonoscopy asap. First, I would research my family history to assess what is the urgency of taking such an invasive test.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy