Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Should smoking cigarettes be illegal?
They cause cancer and so many deaths, just like drugs, which are illegal. So should cigarettes be illegal too?...

Do you think that smoking causes lung cancer?

Is it smart to visit a dying relative?
I have just received notice today that my aunt has been given 6-8 weeks to live. I am very upset and would like to fly out to see her, however, someone told me that it might me better to remember ...

I have just been diagnosed with cancer, what do I do now??

How can i tell my parents i think i have cancer?
I'm 19 and have a small lump and think i might have testicular cancer. I know i need to have it checked out but just cant seem to tell my parents i have a lump and think i need to see a doctor. ...

Why is it that when you are diagnosed with cancer, friends and family avoid you like the plague?
I was diagnosed with bone cancer this summer after having surgery on my left arm where they found a tumor. now the cancer has spread and they are giving me about four months. Since my family and ...

What is the best gift to buy somebody about to start a course of chemotherapy?

Am I the only mother that would do this?
So we are on a trip in Mexico for 9 more days. I have 2 boys ages 14 and 8 and they have extremely fair skin, and there is skin cancer in our family genes. Yes, I slather bot of them down with ...

Can we please get something straight?
There has never been one solid link to connect smoking with cancer. If you know of just one chemical that links tobacco with cancer then please tell me as there are billions of dollars on offer to ...

If cell phones really cause cancer how long &/or how much use does it take?

How many people here personally know someone with Cancer or has Cancer themselves?

Additional Details
I am a four year survivor. I am 34....

Would you rather have a cure for cancer or have 4 men walk on the moon?
Britain and china are both planning to re visit the moon, it will cost about £1billion for each country lol. Would you rather the money be spent to find a cure for cancer?
I wouldn't, id ...

Help - why won't my mom take me to the doctor?
A few years or so back I noticed I had a small lump near my jaw bone. My parents think it's just a fatty tumor. Flash forward to a few days ago and I noticed a lump behind my life shoulder blade....

Breast Cancer!! I'm only 13?
I was wondering how to check for breast cancer. 'Cause I have pimple like lumps on my nipple. Also is it possible to get pimples on your breasts cause I've been wearing the same bra, ...

Why is CANCER so deadly?
My great-uncle died from cancer of the oesophagus (the food tube from the mouth to the stomach) It then spread to other organs, such as the heart and lungs. What makes the body decide to turn on ...

If a person is diagnosed with cancer do u think they have a right to know?
When my father was diagnosed my mother and 2 sisters felt that telling him would only make him worse. He was given 4-6 months to live and the doctors said there was nothing could be done for him. Its ...

My friend is dying of cancer- I don't know what to say to him.?

Is it wrong to not tell your family you have might have serious cancer?
I'm 22 and don't want to worry anyone. I've told a few friends about the biopsy, but not the results.
Additional Details

Is there anything now days that doesn't give you cancer?
organic food doesn't then it does, high fat diets do then don't,low fat diets do then don't. If you eat a malteaser on a Wednesday afternoon you are more likely to get cancer than if ...

Can you get lung cancer from one of your famliy members that smokes and you dont?
My dad smokes since he was 18 years old. Can I get lung cancer from him even if i dont smoke?...

Juicy Balls
Can i get lung cancer if i smoke weed?

Bout Merde
Rating
Yeah, don't think it isn't harmless. It does more than that too. One of my friends strarted doing it, well actually most of them. I never talked to them again, they all started to get stupid and all they would talk about is drugs. It's a waste of money too. It's the stupidest sh*t on Earth.

im_brilliant_shh
of course you can!

><> god's girl
yep!

wolfsmoon71
Yes, you can.

BabyGirl18
Rating
If you smoke anything, there is a possibility you can get lung cancer. Your body is not made to inhale tabacco of drugs. I recommend you stay away! :b

white.desirae17
Rating
yes but do want u want just be careful

§g±. ßuzzk¡ll
Rating
yes you can. idk what more to say.

Dont smoke weed.

Ehrstabk
Burning things and inhaling the fumes? Yep

Nurop shnup
Rating
The main cause of lung cancer is not nicotine, it's the soot and heat, along with other nasty chemicals. A cigarette smoker smokes 20 times a day, on average. If you smoke 20 joints a day you are at equal risk.

footballgirl
umm, let's list things you can do by smoking weed.

1. ruin your life
2. ruin your family's life
3. ruin other people's lives
4. hurt others
5. become extremely stupid
6. become extremely dangerous
7. AND YES, GET LUNG CANCER

you must already be on weed if you're asking this. please, clean up your act before you make someone else do it.

Rhon-Dawg
yes. you would know that if you didn't smoke weed but unfortunately you have only about 2 brain cells left

Tomi YO!
Rating
yes

The Power of Words
Anything said to cause damage to your body will damage IT.
You may or may not get cancer, every one has different body reactions to drugs.

My advice is:
If your are afraid to get sick because of a drug just stay out of it.
Close your eyes and try this
Breathe in and say: I love myself.
Breathe out and say: I am not goig to damage my own body.

Helen T
Rating
if you smoke anything you can get lung cancer obviously because of inhaling it.
shouldnt do it though dudes doesnt do any good to you.
just my advice.
also messes up your brain =/ and weakens immune system

Erik B
Rating
i dont care wat any one says you shouldnt be smokin leaves and especially weed i cant say it will lead to cancer but it will screw you up to the point where you wish ya did have it

♥[M]
Rating
yes you can.
STOP smoking weed!

gilkey79
Rating
Are you seriously asking this question you can get lung cancer from breathing your everyday air.

amanda
IF U SMOKE ANYTHING YOU'LL GET LUNG CANCER!!!
SMOKING IS DUMB AND SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE WORLD...

MPC
I would do your research - try cdc.gov and other sites, but my understanding is that smoke is generally smoke, and the effects would be similar.

nickipettis
yep, part of the problem is the smoke itself - regardless of what the smoke is made of.

dixie58
yes and it kills brain cells just like booze does.
weed cause much more cancer and disease than people know about cause most don't own up to smoking weed only cigarettes.they are both bad.weed is worse and the harder drugs like meth,crack ,heroin and ecstasy and vicodin just to name a few are even worse.i know of at least 8 deaths in the last year and a half in family and my kids friends that were a direct cause of drug use.most of these people were in there late 20s.what a waste of life!!!!!don't smoke any thing cause none of it is good for you!!!! drugs kill always!!!!!

mttjocy
Rating
Inhaling smoke of any kind can cause lung cancer, however the different components of the smoke have differing risks so what is burning does affect the relative risk of one exposure over another.

However the risk associated with cannabis smoke is reported to be lower where cannabis is used alone (without tobacco) than it is for tobacco smoking, the theoriesed mechanism for this is related to the anti-inflammatory properties of the drugs in the cannabis plant which it is believed helps reduce the lung inflammation and the secondary damage that causes to the lungs on top of the primary damage done directly by the smoke.

Tiffany
Rating
breathing hot smoke into your lungs = lung cancer. sounds like fun...doesn't it?

not to mention killing those all important, non-replacable brain cells!

~Jennifer~
There is no existing evidence of anyone dying of a marijuana overdose. Marijuana is psychoactive because it stimulates certain brain receptors, but it does not produce toxins that kill them (like alcohol), and it does not wear them out as other drugs may. There is no evidence that marijuana use causes brain damage.Marijuana does impair short-term memory, but only during intoxication.
Yes, Marijuana can cause you to develop lung cancer but you'd have to inhale quite a large amount of unfiltered smoke every day for quite a long time for this to happen. However, If you smoke weed out of a bong, the water will filter the marijuana. :)

Dont listen to these conservative yuppies. Smoke and be happy!

pira shoes
i smoke weed and i can still run a 5:30 mile. If anything i just get paranoid or have short term memory loss but my the memory loss isnt long maybe like 10 minutes. Smoking weed isnt bad for you at all in my opinion.

B-RAD
Rating
wow ur STUPID y dont u just not do it and not have to worry

rainy d
Weed may not as bad as cigarette smoking.

Cannabis (marijuana) smoke contains many of the same carcinogens as tobacco smoke, including greater concentrations of certain aromatic hydrocarbons such as benzopyrene, prompting fears that chronic marijuana inhalation may be a risk factor for tobacco-use related cancers. However, marijuana smoke also contains cannabinoids such as THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol), which are non-carcinogenic and demonstrate anti-cancer properties in vivo and in vitro. By contrast, nicotine promotes the development of cancer cells and their blood supply.

more here:
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6891

Allycat
Well to be honest with you, yes. Anything which you burn and then inhale into your lungs can have the same effect as cigarettes. The chemical composition of smoke in your lungs is what mutates the cells to cause the cancer. I'm not going to tell you how to live your life. I smoke cigarettes, and i had my day with pot so just be aware of the risks that you take each time that you light up.

Miss ♥ Michael ♥ Kelso
Rating
Ok. Well you asked the right person. I lizziebiz's older bro. I have experties in drugs and addictions.
Marijuana is not that harmfull of a drug. but still, i dont reccomend it. It can damage your lungs, over a long peroid of time, but i am not sure if it causes cancer specifically. It can also 'dumb you down' a bit.
so. there you have it.

RATE BEST AWNSER FOR MY LIL SIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb R
Please see attached from the Washington Post. Although I wouldn't suggest inhaling ANY smoke from any source...they found surprisingly, no correlations between pot smoking and lung cancer.

Jin K
Rating
Why don't you just not smoke it? Not only is it bad for your body...You can go to JAIL!! OMG!! WHO KNEW??

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy