Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Why can they advertise alcohol on TV but not Tabacco?
Both are bad for you (So they say)...

How can u know if u ve got cancer????

I just found out that I have tubular adenoma around the papilla.What does that mean?
The letter that I got from my doctor said Biopsies that I took of the area around the papilla where the bile drains do show features of tubular adenoma.However there are no cancer cells and no ...

What would you do?
My name is Fiona and my best friend has cancer. Its called Malignant Mesothelioma. It is extremely deadly, really rare, and most people only live 24 months after diagnosis. But because it took her ...

Honey and cancer?
i found two books with diets for cancer?
in one there are some receipts with honey
the other "says" honey is not good because of the high sugar content.
is honey really bad? ...

Anyone ever thought of being an oncologist???
Umm, well, when I get older I would love to be an oncologist . Anyone think that is a bad idea? If no one knows what an oncologist is, it is a type of doctor that works with people that have cancer,...

Cancer in your lungs stomach liver and bowels......is there any type of drug you can take to fight cancer?
Is there any type of drug or any kind of miracle that can happen to my mother in law? She has caner in all organs of ehr body she is 59.
Does beta glucan help for cancerous patients?

A...

Is it true that pinching causes cancer?

Answer pleasee?!?
That, when my friend told me he had cancer i cried like there was NO tomorrow! And when he died i cried but not so hard ?...

Mother-in-law diagnosed with lung cancer with brain mets.!!!! Told only 9 months to live!!!?
Yes, I am a nurse but I am at a loss on this one. We just lost my mother, April 9th, 2006, when I was pregnant for our now 5 month old little girl to the same dreaded disease. We have gone 5.5 ...

How abortion can cause breast cancer?

Esophagus cancer?
How long do people last once they have found stage 3 cancer in the esophagus??? They told my uncle it was too late to do anything about it...
Additional Details
they told him it had ...

Please Help!! I Think I Have a Tumor??
Out of nowhere, I noticed that when I walk, the a part of the ball of my right foot hurts. Kind of a pressure/sore sensation, like I have a lump or something I'm stepping on. I felt the area, ...

My grandma was diagnosed with pet cancer .please tell me what that is?

Breast cancer:mammogram and breast MRI clear!!?
My mum had swollen lymph nodes at the base of her neck and some under her armpit.We had a tissue biopsy but it was inconclusive but suggestive of breast cancer.We had a mammogram and a breast MRI but ...

I just heard a rumor that doctors discovered diet sodas are causing Cancer. Do anyone know if that's true?

Define breast cancer?

Lung cancer?
stats or other, whats the chances after detection and is it true its symptoms come too late. any good websites with cetails for lung cancer and dying, plz grieving....

Is chemotherapy always painful?
My father in law is going to be going thru chemo soon. My husband and I were discussing chemo. Ive always thought that chemo was painful, makes you sick and weak, hair-loss, appetite-loss etc.
H...

How can I convince my boyfriend to quit chewing tobacco?
My boyfriend, an ex athlete, has been chewing tobacco since he was 16. He is 39 now, I know it's terribley dangerous, as well as yucky. What is the best way to quit?...

Tai
Can cancer patients donate blood, or their body organs after death?

alejandra t
I HAVE NO IDEA. SORRY

AuntieM
yes...

Jonathan
Cancer: Basal cell, squamous cell skin cancers (both types of skin cancer) and keratosis (growth of a certain protein on your skin); can not donate until removed and healed. Melanoma; can not donate. Malignant tumors; can donate five years after removal of early stage contained solid tumor, no chemotherapy, and in remission.

Blood cannot be donated after death.
Try reading about organs on this: http://organdonor.gov/donation/who_donate.htm#a3

sakira_starwolf
Rating
I don't think so...I mean, an entire Law and Order episode was made out of a donated organ giving a young boy advanced bone cancer, so probably not, although I don't remember the details of the episode...

happydawg
Rating
In the USA, a cancer pt can donate their eye parts, but thats it. They have to be under the age of 80 and not septic or have any symptoms such as fever or elevated WBC.

heckenhocker
Blood, organs from current or former cancer patients can not be donated in the UK for use in other patients. Donation for medical research or teaching tool is permitted though.

tarkarri
Rating
This may be different in other countries, but here in Australia, after cancer has been diagnosed, we are not allowed to donate blood or any organs other than corneas.

We can still donate our bodies for use as teaching tools as cadavers however.

mcilvane
Rating
Eligibility depends on the type of cancer and treatment history. If you had leukemia or lymphoma, including Hodgkin’s Disease and other cancers of the blood, you are not eligible to donate. Other types of cancer are acceptable if the cancer has been treated successfully and it has been at least 5 years since treatment was completed and there has been no cancer recurrence in this time. Some low-risk cancers including squamous or basal cell cancers of the skin do not require a 5 year waiting period.

Precancerous conditions of the uterine cervix do not disqualify you from donation if the abnormality has been treated successfully. You should discuss your particular situation with the health historian at the time of donation

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy