Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

What is the life expectancy..................
of a 70 year old smoker (smoking since he was 9 years old) that has had 2 skin surgeries from melenoma. (cancer of the skin) and has thought that he has had it for 5 1/2 years? He is still up and ...

Is it true about Patrick Swayze having cancer and dying? And Jeff Healey died?

What could this be?
I found a hard round lump right by my right ear, below it actually and its next to my neck. Its round and hard- and the doc said he is doing a cat scan on it this week. Anyone know what it could be? A...

My girlfriend broke up with me because she has cancer. How do I get closer to her w/out pushing her away?
I've broken up with my girlfriend because she is sick. At first she didn't know what she had. Her doctors didn't know if it was a tumor or that she has lung cancer until she gets ...

I have recently taken up smoking again?
and it must be stopped. So smokers/ former smokers tell me why I am an ...

Is a mole that changed from brown/black to a white flaky hard dangerous?

What happens after biopsy? if it shows that it is cancer does the gyno do more biopsies or what?

Additional Details
i am asking because when i made my open to get the results for the biopsie the lady asked if i would be on my period.(as if i was going to be examined again.)...

Anyone have throat canser?? If so what are you symptoms?

Pls... i need info on Cancer urgently.. provide link if possible..?

Can people who can easily tan under the sun, can still get skin cancer?

Liver biopsy?
hi do u need to fast 4 a liver biopsy??? what is it??...

Does anyone know why I have this bad feeling in my brain?
When ever I put a straight thought in my brain and am happy, there is a pressure that comes to my brain and makes me feel sad and weak does anyone know why this happens, could it be because of a ...

Is Breast Cancer is heriditary? From what stage of the family?

Could i have a brain Tumor?
recently my mother said that she thought my right eye was starting to have a cross eyd look because it seemed to be moving closer to the left. She is the only one that has noticed this because ...

Whay would you do if you found out you had a Brain Tumor? Serious replies please?

Additional Details
I'M 33 NO CHILDREN NEVER MARRIED SINGLEAND JUST HAD 6 PEOPLE DIE IN THE LAST YEAR IN A HALF...

Name one thing thats wrong with legalizing marijuana for medical use, like for end stage cancers, etc.?

Additional Details
If it helps people live a better quality of life for a few weeks/months, who are the rest of us to condemn this action? when we are living healthy lives and don'...

Can someone tell me the symptoms of pancreatic cancer?

Is lukemia a disease that you can get by scraping an open wound over a pavement covered in blood?

I have a lump... help?
I found a lump in the middle of my chest between my two breasts. Its more on the left side. I noticed it a couple months ago but forget about. It has me worried lately and I keep thinking of the ...

Do you think a cure for Cancer will be found soon?

crissangelfreak22
Can Leukemia always be detected through blood tests?
I have had many blood tests and my doctor hasnt mentioned leukemia as being a possibility of an illness i could be suffering with. In my opinion ive done alot a research and i have more symptoms of that than anything else. So that is why i am curious to know if its not detected in the blood could it be detected some where else?

lennie
Usually they do a blood test first and then they order a bone marrow test.That will definitely show up something. Ask your doctor about your blood test, and let him explain what the results are and what they mean. Find out what your White count is, if it is over the normal count then there is a infection somewhere. There are too many illness that have to do with the blood, so stop researching and making yourself crazy, ASK YOUR DOCTOR.

happydawg
Rating
If the physician is suspicious you have leukemia, he 1st checks your blood counts, then does a bone marrow biopsy. Leukemia is serious and you would know if leukemia is suspected within the same day as your blood work.
Cancer RN

shelshey
leukemia is cancer of the blood cells, however if you feel adamant on your diagnosis consider getting a second opinion or a more in depth testing

mygirl46360
Rating
Leukemia is cancer of the White blood cells and so yes your white blood cells would be elevated quite a bit if you had leukemia.

goldengirl
it is detected through blood tests and bone marrow tests

moonclick9
My friend, do not make any conclusions about your illness before the necessary is done, checking yourself in several sources of info could not help but make you worry, the leukemia is a medical condition that needs to be diagnosed with bone marrow studies, the blood tests are helpful, but not diagnostic, but, if your medical doctor has not mentioned it you don't need to be worried, or maybe you want to see another doctor, ask them all your doubts. Go to the physician, my advice. Be fine

lividuva
Rating
You would need to have a bone marrow biopsy to be diagnosed, a blood test can show abnormalities, like low haemoglobin and platelets and a raised white count, it may also show blast cells (if these are in the blood, its a good indication that leukaemia is what you have)
Has your doctor ordered a bone marrow biopsy, you need one to be sure.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy