Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Please help! 4 yr old nephew has the following symtoms..?
My nephew has lost alot of weight, eyes are sunk in, will not eat hardly at all. My neice took him to the doctor and the urine test showed an abnormally high wbc in his urine. He is thirsty and will ...

Treating Cancer with Vitamin C Mega Dose 10Grams?
I have Prostate cancer spreading to Spine. I am on Calutide 50, 3 tablets a day.
One Nobel Laureate Doctor suggests that we take
Vitamin C 10Grams Mega dose to fight cancer.
Is it ...

Not sure if this has been discuss,but what would you do?
I was watching one of those 24hr news channels, and they had brought up the hpv shot. would you let your daughter get it or not. please explain....

My mouth has a bump in it. Is this a sign of Oral Cancer?
The bump is on my lip and over the past few weeks it has been getting bigger and bigger. Also, I have little white and red things on my tong and every time I brush my teeth my tong starts bleeding.<...

I think my mom smokes!?
i found a pack of cigarettes in her room and i went in her bathroom and found one in the toilet.
and there was 2 in the backyard that my little brother and sister found.

i asked her ...

How do you feel after smoking a cigarette?
i just want to no cause i thinking about starting.!
Additional Details
HELPPP PLEASEEE...

A question about cancer?
When you go through chemo, your hair falls out, does that mean all of your hair on your body everywhere falls out?...

Cancer patient would like to know other cancer patients opinions?
I am looking for responses from cancer patients who don't just trust their Dr's automatically. People who are keeping up on advances and researching for themselves. I moved from AZ to CA ...

Can a cell phone give you brain cancer?
im being very cautious when i use my phone and i want to know if it can....

How do you know you have lung cancer?

My mom 's face is gray is that fdrom chemo, and can she died from getting chemo?

How long can you live with blood cancer?

Should my mother file for disability since she was diagnosed with breast cancer? She has no health insurance!

Any advice for me ? I have just been diagnosed with cancer in my left kidney.?
I would like to know what to expect. Will they put me on chemo or just remove the kidney and check to make sur that was enough?...

Bowel Cancer Post Op Fever of 40.5 HELP ?????
My dad had an operation for bowel cancer 3 weeks ago and although having a temperature he was released from hospital. He was taken back in last week and temperature has risen to 40.5. He is only ...

My friends mom died of cancer and i dont know what to do to help!?

I have a abnormal pab smear?
i have a abnormal pab smear. what could in ...

Is it possible to have a baby while going through Chemo?

Does cancer come up on a blood test?
im curious if cancer shows up on a blood test. like if i went to the doctors, and they drew 3 things of blood and sent them to the lab. could they tell if you had any type of cancer?...

What would you write on your "Bucket List" knowing the end was near?

Additional Details
Seriously...have you NOT watched the movie THE BUCKET LIST?

Great movie...and lots of people are doing ...

stokies
Breast cancer? please genuine answers only.Any other answers will be reported instantly.?
my mum has D.C.I.S,an early form of breast cancer,she is in hospital at the moment,she had a lumpectomy yesterday morning,she seemed fine in herself when we visited,she had a drain wound fitted,which will be removed today,doctors said that it would have to stay in for a week,nothing is leaking out,is that a good sign? are there any of you ladies who have been through a similar situation and can give me more info.please people,dont be heartless and answer if you dont know,for the sake of 2 points,this is a very distressing time.
Additional Details
thank you to everybody who has answered my question,you have all made me feel at ease,i'm so glad that there are actually genuine people on here who are trying to help.i cant thank you enough,i really appreciate all of the genuine advice.

Marisa D
ohhh sweetie im sooo sorry!! im grandmas best friend had it and i was close to her there was nothing we could really do but be there for her and hope she gets better and who knows if they cought ur moms early she could be fine i hope she is!! good luck!!

havingfun
Rating
i went thru same operation as your mom and everything sounds fine to me (drain). its hard on everyone now cuz its fresh. give it time and everything takes time and before you know it, everything will be back to normal.

CJ
Rating
Hello stokies
I am not answering this for any points stokies as I have no idea how this all works but I saw you message and wanted to try to help you feel a little better.
I am so sorry to hear about your Mum and I do hope she makes a full recovery.
I had a rare gynae cancer 5 years ago, vulval cancer and I had to have the drains in both my groins as your Mum has had where the lumpectomy was performed. These drains are usually there to drain any access fluid which sometimes occurs after surgery and by placing the drains it will also help reduce the risk of any infection. I would think the fact your Mums is no longer draining anything is a good sign.
I know from my own daughter, when I had cancer 5 years ago how very stressful this time was waiting for results and having biopsies done was for all of my family.
I hope everything works out well for you Mum and she makes a full recovery.
Take care and I am sorry I could not be of more help to you.
Carol

cinqsou
Rating
I know this is a terrible time for you. My sons & grandkids went through this thing this yr with me. Your mothers cancer was early stage, good. She will come through this. I did & I feel great now. The cancer is gone. All that she is going through right now is just part of it. One step at a time but she will come out the other side & that is what is important. If I could tell you one thing, Dear, stay positive for her. Show her that you believe she will be okay. She is worried about you right now too. It is a mothers nature to protect her children. I remember trying to do that. But if she see you standing stronge beside her it will give her strength. Be ready to do what you can to help around home. When she gets out of the hospital she will need to rest for a while. I pray for both of you. Know you are not alone nor is she.

Tina of Lymphland.com
We're all different, hon, sometimes people drain alot, some not much. I just had a tooth pulled and it did not bleed so things are different for each of us. I'm a cancer survivor. They probably will leave the drain in for a few more days to be sure nothing will come out. If she notices any swelling at home, any hot feeling or strange drainage, have her call the doctor. I know it's a little soon after surgery but just a precaution, she might develop lymphedema, I'm posting my site so you can read more about it. Some people do, some don't but it's good to know up front what you are facing and not wind up with a surprize later on.

I wish your mom the best of recoveries, and a very healthy future without cancer.

justwondering
Read the book "What your doctor may not tell you about breast cancer" You will feel a lot better.
Ductile Carcinoma In Sitsu - means it was a contained cancer and did not spread and maybe never would - a very good sign. If the lymph's were clear, and the margins of the cancer were clear then she is probably all done unless she wants to take the other treatments that will be offered.

CJBig
I am 35 yrs old and my mom died of breast cancer when I was 12 yrs old (she was only 38 yrs old when she died..bless her heart). Early detection is the key. Your mom caught it early, which means her prognosis is great. With the advances that have been made since my mom was diagnosed in 1977, your mom should/will have a successful outcome. I totally know what you are feeling and what you are going through. Be the best support for your mom that you can possibly be. Hug her and kiss her daily and tell her you love her everyday. What I wouldn't do to be able to hug my mom and tell her how much I love and miss her.

bkl
Rating
Dear, Just wanted you to know, my mother had a lumpectomy - TEN YEARS AGO! She is a ten year survivor! All of the things you are reporting - nothing leaking out, removing the drain - all those are good things. Now, every situation is different, but many, many advances have been made in treating breast cancer! And if they've caught this early enough, chances are they will be able to take great care of your mum! The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation is one of my clients, and I have done a great lot of study on this. Especially since my own mother had her bout with it. The main thing is to talk to your mom a lot, let her know you love her, you support her, and that you will be there for her. She's come a long way! She needs to know you're with her, no matter what! Don't be afraid to talk about it! I've listed the website for the Susan G. Komen foundation site, where you can find lots and lots of information, below. Good Luck, and I'll be praying for you!

katydid
I had DCIS, but opted for a mastectomy because it covered a very large area. Drain tubes are normal and aren't there for any good/bad reason, just necessary part of surgery. Some bodies drain off more than others - so don't worry too much about the amount. I even had to go in and get some drained by a needle - it was just not draining properly, but didn't hurt and was actually a relief due to swelling- it has no impact on type of cancer.
I wish you and your mom the best.

fem40_98
Rating
I had a lumpectomy in April and I can tell you at first there isn't all that much draining. But when I was home it did drain. You have to measure the fluid and write it down to show to the doctor. When it get to a point where he wants it the drains come out.
If you need more info email me and I will be happy to answer your questions. Help your mom where you can , she will get though this like many of us.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy