Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Does she have skin cancer?
my mom has something on her foot that kinda looks like a large pimple. she has had this for a few months but it was very small. now it is 4 times that size. she will go to the doctor soon probley. ...

How the hell can Coca Cola cause Cancer?
How the hell can a soft drink cause Cancer?...

Wooden cutting board may cause cancer?
I heard from my friend that using wooden board for cutting vegetable may cause cancer as small wooden pieces comes out and they are not digested. Is it true?...

Breast cancer? please genuine answers only.Any other answers will be reported instantly.?
my mum has D.C.I.S,an early form of breast cancer,she is in hospital at the moment,she had a lumpectomy yesterday morning,she seemed fine in herself when we visited,she had a drain wound fitted,which ...

How can a woman who has smoked since age 16 (she's 74 now and still puffin a pack a day) not have cancer?
or other issues? My mother in law has smoked since she was 16 and she is 74 and smokes almost 2 packs a day. I know cause we buy them for her daily. (not with our money, she too feable to go in the ...

Suggestions of a great gift basket? its for my y grandpa who is on kemo for prostate cancer...?
My grandpa is on kemo for prostate cancer. He's not nauseous and still has his appetite, but is diabetic- so sending sweets is out. He is so weak and tired- I live in NY and he's in Idaho- I...

My dad just had a colonoscopy, found out he has a tumor..?
I am the daughter.. and am very worried.. My dad will find out next week if its cancerous..either way will have surgery.. The doctor who would perform the surgery has a bad rating on that medical ...

What age did you start getting mammograms?
My mom was diagnosed with stage IV at the age of 60 (she died over a week ago at the age of 64) and I was wondering if I should get a mammogram. I am in my early thirties, so I don't even know ...

How long did your loved one live after they found out they had breast cancer?
my mom recently passed away from it. Was just curious....

I have stage 3 colon cancer and want to know how many years will I live after chemo?

My mom has lung &liver; cancer 3 YRS no bowl movement for3 weeks alot of pain what can be done lots of laxative

My dog has leucemia and some cancer?Isthere anything that ican do the doctors say she will only last for only?

Additional Details
a couple of weeks!!...

What to do and eat to prevent cancer?

Has anybody had a bone scan,wot is involved please?

Please help! 4 yr old nephew has the following symtoms..?
My nephew has lost alot of weight, eyes are sunk in, will not eat hardly at all. My neice took him to the doctor and the urine test showed an abnormally high wbc in his urine. He is thirsty and will ...

Treating Cancer with Vitamin C Mega Dose 10Grams?
I have Prostate cancer spreading to Spine. I am on Calutide 50, 3 tablets a day.
One Nobel Laureate Doctor suggests that we take
Vitamin C 10Grams Mega dose to fight cancer.
Is it ...

Not sure if this has been discuss,but what would you do?
I was watching one of those 24hr news channels, and they had brought up the hpv shot. would you let your daughter get it or not. please explain....

My mouth has a bump in it. Is this a sign of Oral Cancer?
The bump is on my lip and over the past few weeks it has been getting bigger and bigger. Also, I have little white and red things on my tong and every time I brush my teeth my tong starts bleeding.<...

I think my mom smokes!?
i found a pack of cigarettes in her room and i went in her bathroom and found one in the toilet.
and there was 2 in the backyard that my little brother and sister found.

i asked her ...

How do you feel after smoking a cigarette?
i just want to no cause i thinking about starting.!
Additional Details
HELPPP PLEASEEE...

missiexox
Breast Cancer........?
I think i found a lump in my breast, but im not to sure, i know there is a way u can check ur self.. but im just not to sure how to do it, could some one PLEASE tell me how to do it myself.... also if iu do have breast cancer does ur breast hurt/sting?

serious answers only.. and please dont tell me to go to the doctor.. i wanna do it myself first.
Additional Details
the "lump" is gone now.. i donno what it was but if it comes back i will be sure to so to the doctors.

CammyB
Rating
start near your armpit and apply 3 levels of pressure. Light , medium, and hard. Make sure you lift your arm up as your checking for cancer. You can go up and down or side to side. If you feel little hard stationary lumps that really hurt or one big mass that won't move. You aught to see a doctor for 100% accuracy. Don't confuse your milk glands for lumps. They can get inflamed or swollen on your period or when your bodies bugging out.

xrtmanager
1. If you think there might be a change, go see your physician immediately.

2. Here are the steps, this comes from a blog written by the CancerGeek.

This is how to proform such an exam:
1. Lie down and place your right arm behind your head.The exam is done while lying down, and not standing up. This is because when lying down the breast tissue spreads evenly over the chest wall and it is as thin as possible, making it much easier to feel all the breast tissue.

2. Use the finger pads of the three middle fingers on your left hand to feel for lumps in the right breast. Use overlapping dime-sized circular motions of the finger pads to feel the breast tissue.

3. Use 3 different levels of pressure to feel all the breast tissue. Light pressure is needed to feel the tissue closest to the skin; medium pressure to feel a little deeper; and firm pressure to feel the tissue closest to the chest and ribs. A firm ridge in the lower curve of each breast is normal. If you’re not sure how hard to press, talk with your doctor or nurse. Use each pressure level to feel the breast tissue before moving on to the next spot.

4. Move around the breast in an up and down pattern starting at an imaginary line drawn straight down your side from the underarm and moving across the breast to the middle of the chest bone.(sternum or breastbone). Be sure to check the entire breast area going down until you feel only ribs and up to the neck or collar bone (clavicle).

5. There is some evidence to suggest that the up and down pattern (sometimes called the vertical pattern) is the most effective pattern for covering the entire breast without missing any breast tissue.

6. Repeat the exam on your left breast, using the finger pads of the right hand.

7. While standing in front of a mirror with your hands pressing firmly down on your hips, look at your breasts for any changes of size, shape, contour, dimpling, or redness or scaliness of the nipple or breast skin. (The pressing down on the hips position contracts the chest wall muscles and enhances any breast changes.)

8. Examine each underarm while sitting up or standing and with your arm only slightly raised so you can easily feel in this area. Raising your arm straight up tightens the tissue in this area and makes it difficult to examine.

If you want to read the full blog, go here: http://cancergeek.wordpress.com

camogirl
Look sweety you should go to the doctor .You do not want to play with this.My mom found a lump and let it go for a few months because she was in denile.It was cancer and she is gone now.She got i in 2001 and passed in 2004.So please go to doc and get it tested just to be sure.

slim
Here are some tips:
In front of a mirror raise your left arm up above your head
then use your right hand and examine your left breast by making circular motions around your breast from the outside in(don't use a lot of pressure because you'll make yourself sore) Repeat same process with the right breast by raising your right arm and using your left hand for examining.
Then compare what you felt in each breast.
Breast cancer generally has no symptoms or pain
Cysts in your breast hurt and are caused by too much caffeine
Lumps in your breast that are squeashy feeling and move is generally not breast cancer
A small pea-sized lump that is hard and does not move-you should have checked out

I recommend a mammogram to every woman yearly

God Bless

I HAVE A CRUSH ON ADRIAN!!!!!!!!
no

chessmaster1018
Go in a clock wise motion and slowly go around the breast, this could be a cyst, I know I had one myself. My mother had breast cancer thirty years ago but went to the doctors right away and they removed the area and then ten years later she got colon cancer.....today she's in her late 70's and she's fine....we all attribute this to the fact that she did no waiting.....as soon as she suspected something she had it checked out !!!!!!! As for telling the difference between a cyst and cancer I don't think any one but a doctor could tell you that, but the way if you don't have a medical book go to the library and check out the pictures....they show you step by step how to do this correctly. Good luck to you.....bye !

Katze
If you think you found a lump than you should go and get a mammogram, because it could be cancer, but doesn't have to be cancer. It could be a non-canceres tumor, but get it checked. Breast cancer can react in different ways, it might be possible to hurt depending on the location it is, but than again it could be a cyst that is hurting. For your peace of mind make the appointment tomorrow.
Good luck, you will be fine!

canam
Rating
Unless you are a doctor you should not try to diagnose yourself. Catching cancer at an early stage is what saves people. This is nothing to play around with, see a doctor asap and have a mamogram.

Cyrei
The Five Steps of a Breast Self-Exam

Step 1: Begin by looking at your breasts in the mirror with your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips.

Here's what you should look for:

breasts that are their usual size, shape, and color
breasts that are evenly shaped without visible distortion or swelling
If you see any of the following changes, bring them to your doctor's attention:

dimpling, puckering, or bulging of the skin
a nipple that has changed position or an inverted nipple (pushed inward instead of sticking out)
redness, soreness, rash, or swelling
Step 2: Now, raise your arms and look for the same changes.

Step 3: While you're at the mirror, gently squeeze each nipple between your finger and thumb and check for nipple discharge (this could be a milky or yellow fluid or blood).

Step 4: Next, feel your breasts while lying down, using your right hand to feel your left breast and then your left hand to feel your right breast. Use a firm, smooth touch with the first few fingers of your hand, keeping the fingers flat and together.

Cover the entire breast from top to bottom, side to side—from your collarbone to the top of your abdomen, and from your armpit to your cleavage.

Follow a pattern to be sure that you cover the whole breast. You can begin at the nipple, moving in larger and larger circles until you reach the outer edge of the breast. You can also move your fingers up and down vertically, in rows, as if you were mowing a lawn. Be sure to feel all the breast tissue: just beneath your skin with a soft touch and down deeper with a firmer touch. Begin examining each area with a very soft touch, and then increase pressure so that you can feel the deeper tissue, down to your ribcage.

Step 5: Finally, feel your breasts while you are standing or sitting. Many women find that the easiest way to feel their breasts is when their skin is wet and slippery, so they like to do this step in the shower. Cover your entire breast, using the same hand movements described in Step 4.

UPESKYMO
If you think you found a lump, you really need to get to a doctor now!!!! But just remember it may not even be cancer, it could be just a fibrous lump. This would be nothing to worry about. But I do urge you to get to a doctor now. Do not let this go. Good Luck!

bonnie b
Rating
can't do it yourself. the doctor can't hardly do it. it depends on your age if the doctor feels something, he will order a mammogram, if something shows up a ultrasound is ordered. breast cancer usually does not hurt. most lumps are cysts and are harmless. cysts can be painful.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy