Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Would a problem with my lungs show up indirectly if an ultrasound was done on my bladder, liver and kidneys?
I recently had an ultrasound on the above and thankfully there was nothing serious, I have been getting pains in my lungs for the past couple of months and wondered if there was something serious ...

How does chemotherapy work to treat cancer?
please dont say i dont ...

What is mitosis used for?

Will this affect my life later on?
while i was 5 years old,i broke a mercury thermometer..back then,i didnt know that mercury is very hazardous,so i just touched the mercury with my hand and i saw lots of it kinda 'enter' my ...

About different types of cancer please?
My dear cousin is in stage 4 cancer. I've never asked her what type of cancer she has but it is in many places in her body.
She's just had surgery to remove a mass in her throat. The D...

Has any one here beaten or known someone to beat serious lung cancer?
My Mum has just been diagnosed with adenocarcenoma(excuse spelling) and it has apread all over her body she has been given 3 yrs if she responds to treament and less than 12 mnths if she does not, im ...

I need advice with breast cancer?
I found a lump. It is hardly on my breast, but is on the border of the armpit and breast. My sister convinced me to get it checked out, and the doctor said it was just a gland and since I am younge (...

Quit smoking shot, anyone help?
I just asked the same question but not getting many answers with that headline question. Need to know anything about it, cost, what is in it, is it worth the money, side effects. Any help would be ...

Dr. found hi risk HPV 4 mos. ago. This was 1st pap in 7 yrs. I've no insuranc. I'm miserable when will I die?
There were about 20 strains of hpv found, including 16 and 18. They did a colposcopy but couldn't see anything so now they want to do an operation to remove most of the cervix, but with no ...

Pancreatic Cancer - whats the prognosis??

Wwhat doess skin cancer look like?
I have had a small whitish colored spott on my forearm for a couple of years. Now that I have been out in the sun and it was 103 two dayss in a row, it resembles a raised pimple. It won't pop or ...

When Prostate surgery fails and the Cancer has spread how long will I live?
The Doctor used a Scan that was done in August and operated in December. The Cancer had spread beyond the glands and is now terminal. Just wondering about a time frame to live....

Non smokers ,what are your principles on buying cigerettes for someone?
non smokers,would you get someone cigerettes if they asked you?
Additional Details
I am glad people are as adverse to smoking as I am....

10 points BEST ANSWER!?
im doing an article on smoking and lung cancer and i need help coming up with a title for the article?...

Why did doctors not find the cure for cancer?

I've heard its cancer causing to sleep with a regular bra at night.
but is it okay to sleep with a sports bra without the same effect?...

Does inhaling cigarette smoke causes problrm?

Are menthol cigarettes healthier than normal ones?
I know smoking is unhealthy full stop so dont give me all the risks of smoking, but i was just wondering which ones are the best the have?
x
Additional Details

Hi I am 15 years old and I have smoked 120.5 smokes, 78 being cigarettes, 18 being cigarillos and 22.5 cigars
I quit now and I was wondering if I have done irreversible damage. And dont answer why did you start. SMOKING IS BAD I KNOW JUST ANSWER MY Q...

Is Nicotine addictive?

BunnyBond
Bowel Cancer Post Op Fever of 40.5 HELP ?????
My dad had an operation for bowel cancer 3 weeks ago and although having a temperature he was released from hospital. He was taken back in last week and temperature has risen to 40.5. He is only recieving paracetamol and anti inflammatory and anti-biotics. The surgeon is on holidays. I dont know who I should be asking to see or what I should do The hospital are waiting till monday to see doctor I feel this will be too late. Has anyone heard of this or any advice PLEASE IM DESPERATE
Additional Details
He Is in hospital already, the registrar was called they all want to wait until monday. I feel this is neglect But this is the hospital.

nitekrawlR
Rating
just get him straight to emerg to be safe, the sooner the better! good luck!

yellowrose
Rating
if he in hospital in better then be at home. they try keep his fever under control.my brother-law live with me . he has stomach cancer he run a high fever to. but i always put cold wash cloth all part of body. bring the fever down. he refused to go to nurse home. he nurse come to the house.

caffsans
Rating
if your Dad seems lucid and is vomiting and hasnt had any type of bowel movement at all go to emergancy

vitallywell
That is a high temperature for an adult. Definately call a hospital for advice.

peachie resurrected
damn thats not good at all.you need to get him to the nearest emergency room 'as monday might be too late,,,,good luck and god bless,,,

sue
iw ould take him to emergency,thats a very high temp,good luck xx

Panda
Rating
There should be a doctor on call at the hospital. You need to ask for him and he could explain the treatment plan. What is causing the fever? Is it an infection? The antibiotics should hopefully take care of any infection that may be causing the temperature. If they can isolate the type of infection causing the fever they can use the right antibiotic to treat the infection. Perhaps they are still testing for it?

I am not certain from your description what is taking place. In general if your Dads regular doctor or surgeon is away they have another doctor who is on call to handle emergencies like the one you describe. You need to be more pro-active if you are concerned and ask to speak with the doctor on call. If you are not satisfied, there is usually a social worker conncected with the hospital and you could go and ask them. Ask a nurse who you could go and see about your concerns.

Good luck. Hope your Dad recovers soon. I do understand how helpless you feel.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy