Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Worried About Lump On Neck cyst Mabye?
Hiya.
Im A Bit Of A Worrier.
im chelsea im 14 and about a year and a half ago i found this hard bone like lump on the left of my neck about 3 or 4 inches from my ear.
i was worrying ...

Im Getting the cervical cancer jab soon. What do you think?
Im getting it at school in 2-5 weeks, There is a board at school about it and it said something like 'The affects will soon take in but it's nothing too worry about all you will feel is ...

Is cancer able to be geneticly passed down to me?
my grandmother has cancer a long time ago, and lived. idk if it was from her smoking or not though. and my mom has had breast cancer too when she never smoked and lived. it there a good chance of me ...

How many times can a person get cancer & actually survive?

Urgent replies please! My cat is dying.?
She is 13, has been to the vet repeatedly and the hospital. Fluid keeps building up in the abdomen and she wont eat or drink hardly at all. It is either cancer or Chylothorax. There is no recovery ...

My 18 Year Old daughter has Brain Cancer?
My daughter has been diagnosed with Brain Cancer for the 2nd time in her life. First time was when she was 5 - she endured 3 years of Chemotherapy and pulled through and was in remission for 9 years....

My grandad as stomach cancer and its in is chest and liver?
he is 87 years old and he has had it for 7 weeks and is there anyone who could tell me how long he my live ...

If i have breast cancer but decide to leave it alone, how long will i live?

How can I support my wife, suffering of breast cancer?
Mammographical control indicated a pre-stage of breast cancer in my wife. She is very depressive, no matter it is a question of very early stage of cancer. How can I help her?...

Breast Cancer: Was wondering, my maternal and paternal grandmothers had breast cancer,?
How soon should I go for a mammogram?
Additional Details
Thanks ladies, that is what I figured. And yes I do my exams every morning in the shower. Have a great ...

Is there a cure for cancer?? sounds like a redundant and stupid question but I just read in the Los Angeles?
Times - "Dr Isadore Rosenfeld" said "Many cancers are curable" !! So which cancers are curable? and how? Or is "Dr Rosenfeld" a quack?
Additional Details

Can we take all the special food with us when we fly?
my father is feed through a tube direct into his stomach and needs to take the special food with him when he travels....

How many cigarettes is in a pack?

Additional Details
I don't smoke, I am just trying to figure out how many packs a day my brother smokes. He smokes between 50 to 100 cigs a day. It's disgusting! I don'...

Why don't doctors get cancer?
Why do we hear of so few doctors getting cancer? What is their secret?...

I think my mom has cancer?
there have been signs all over the house that she has cancer (weird appointments on the calendar, mamography papers, etc) im so worried i dont know what to do....

How can doctors predict cancer patients' living time?
they often declare how long cancer patients live. how do they do that?...

What do you say to someone that just found out they have breast cancer?
My Mother called me last night and dropped the bomb on me.... She tells me to sit down and that she really has something to tell me that is going to change our lives...

She started to ...

What happens if you have skin cancer can you die?
Okay my friends friend has skin cancer what going to happen to her can she ...

Has anybody ever lost somebody to cancer?

A New Desease All Woman Will Fear. I Was Sent This Email Today. Tell every woman you know, it could saved them
In November, a rare kind of breast cancer was found. A lady developed a rash on her breast, similar to that of young mothers who are nursing. Because her mammogram had been clear, the doctor treated ...

ladyluck
Are there any side effects from being around someone who has cancer treatments such as chemo and radiation?
My sisters husband died 2 mos. ago from lung and throat cancer..Her hair has been falling out and is very thin she has also been very sick..vomiting,headaches,etc. Could this be caused from the cancer treatments he recieved when he was sick? Lana

woodchip513
Rating
depression

cowboydoc
Rating
I would suggest your sister see a doctor but, as far as any side affects, that's not possible, it's not that kind of radiation. She may be suffering from depression or some other disease.

monizk
Rating
ive never heard that someone else got sick from chemo without getting chemo themselves so i dont think its that but send her to the docs so they can tell her whats wrong. if it aint seriouse shes got all the symptoms of stress

couchP56
No chemo and radiation isn't contagious.
She needs to go to the doctor to be tested to see why she is sick.

juicyfruit's mom
none....but you could be a danger to them if you are sick cuz their immune system is probably very low

Panda
She should be evaluated by a doctor as soon as possible. Not because she was affected by her husbands cancer treatment, but because something is definitely going on in her own system. No one here can make a diagnosis based on the statement that you made. However, there are no documented cases where anyone from the family has gotten cancer from a family members treatment.

I stayed continuously for 16 months with my son during everyone of his cancer treatments, never left his side and I've had no noticable reaction. I also got to talk with his nurses some of who have been exposed to chemo and radiation for 20 years or more. One nurse told us that when chemo was first introduced that no one wore any protection at all. Today they take many precautions by gowning up and disposing of the empty bags, and staying generally clean. They are far more cautious, but they also work daily around these chemicals for years at a time. If anyones health would be affected it would be the people who work with the medicines.

Have your sister go see her doctor and insist that he get to the bottom of her illness.

cinqsou
Rating
Chemo causes hair to fall out, that is one of the side-effects, All these things you mention are. If you are asking if these side effects can effect others around a person going through this, No.

native,pride
depression can lead to health problems have go see a doctor

dianesomeone
No....more than likely, she is feeling a great deal of stress and anxiety from the entire ordeal and the loss of her husband...may not be sleeping or eating as well as she should as a result. More than likely it is the stress and poor nutrition or it could be that she herself is ill. She should contact her physician right away and schedule a full physical to get to the root of this problem....so sorry for your loss and wish you and your sister the best of luck.

bunny
Rating
There will be no effect on her because he took Chemo. This is more than likely being caused by severe depression. It's not uncommon for you to lose hair and vomit when you have suffered such a terrible loss such as this.

lyfsavr67medic
Rating
Chemo- highly unlikely, since most chemotherapy is administered through an IV....
Radiation-yes, especially if it was the implanted type. I used to work Oncology in our hospital for several years. We had treated a number of patients with chemo and radiation. The chemo patients we had, we had to use only normal isolation techniques...gloves. With those that had implant radiation, we had to wear a lead vest followed by working behind a large lead apron (it was a sort of small half wall on wheels) and we all had to wear radiation badges, which were collected periodically and checked for amounts of radiation absorbed.
As for your sister, she may have what is called Radiation sickness, or it could just be severe depression from the loss of her husband. Depression has hundreds of symptoms, many of which you mentioned. Have her make an appointment and have a radiation level test done on her to rule out the radiation sickness. If that comes back fine, ask her to seek counseling. Last of all, since she is your sister, let her vent all her anger, frustration, sorrow, etc on you. Right now she needs lots of love and support to get her through this terrible time. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy