Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Do i have cancer??!!!!?
yesterday morning i woke up aand when i accidentaly felt my right nipple i felt this slight pain. i have this little lump thats next to the middle of my nipple and it painful when i touch it.btw im ...

Did you have a parent or spouse die of cancer? How old were they?
My mom died of over a week ago. She died on her 64th birthday. She had breast cancer, but died of sepsis. She was diagnosed 3 years ago and it seems that she suffered for about the last 4 months. ...

Why do we use sunbeds when 100 people die each yr from cancer caused by them?

Lately my left breast has been hurting extremely badly. I turn 16 in 3 months, is it possible I have cancer?
It has been hurting really badly. I have mentioned it to my mother but not in great detail. I turn 16 in about 3 months but is it possible that i may have breast cancer....

How do you get through a loved one suffering badly from cancer?
It's so sad. He has been battling cancer for over 2 years now. No matter what they seem to do it just seems to keep on spreading. It is now in his spine and he is in constant agony even when he ...

Why do we keep on smoking?
when we know it is really bad for ...

My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer 6 months ago, he seems to be doing well. It's hard to beleive.
It doesn't seem to me like he's only got six months left. How does cancer progress, is it very quick at the end. His cancer is Unknown primary, which means they don't know where it ...

Will I get cancer?
My mom had cancer many times about two years ago, when I was in fifth grade. And I heard that its something you are born with and you inherit from your parents.
Be flat out honest. Am I really ...

There are two cases and you can only choose one. Here they are:?
In one case, there is one billion dollars. In another, there is a vial with the cure for cancer. Your mother has cancer. Would you take the one billion dollars which you would split with you mother ...

Why are cigarettes legal to buy?
I feel cigerettes are just as harmful to ones health as many other drugs, it is a controlled substance, and it causes cancer to others, if one smokes crack and stops there is no after effects, if you ...

Should smoking be banned in public places?
i have an paper to write and i want some opinions....

Why does california think everything will cause cancer

Additional Details
It seems theres so many things that say WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to teh state of C...

Is smoking the only thing that that gives us cancer?
what about all these new waves that are passing through us at any time. stick a reciever in your head and you can listen to the radio watch tv and access the internet! lets not get started on what ...

I've been smoking for likea year or so think i have lung cancer?

If you were around people in a closed invironment smoking pot, would that show up on a drug test?

Why do doctors tell the family of terminally ill patients,'She has a week to live.'?
I think it is unfair.My neighbor's mom is terminal with cancer,and the doctor keeps saying that...now for a month!...

Why can't we find a cure for cancer?

Will it get any easier?
my dad died of bowel and liver cancer 2 months ago and my world has been turned upside down ,my hero has gone ,the person who used 2 guide me through life. It is the hardest thing i have ever had to ...

If I ignore the risks and start drinking and smoking,will I become more popular?

Would this be inconsiderate?
My uncle was diagnosed with lung, colon, and liver cancer. He was given 1-2 weeks to live. He and my aunt keep mentioning, that they will not see their 50th anniversary. It is next month. Would it be ...

cherry
Are menthol cigarettes healthier than normal ones?
I know smoking is unhealthy full stop so dont give me all the risks of smoking, but i was just wondering which ones are the best the have?
x
Additional Details
I'm a non-smoker btw, i just wanted to know because my friend was talking about it to me today.

sid23man
Rating
NO. menthol cig's have fiberglass in them. anything that has nicotine and mint has fiberglass in them. example: mint dip wintergreen dip, menthol cigarettes. your best bet is to get some marlboro ultra lights.

LoveMyJacks
Rating
No, there is FIBERGLASS in menthol cigarettes.....
Smoke the menthol and get bleeding lungs as well as lung cancer. There are no best ones.

crotchrocketj
Rating
no, menthol cigarettes are worse, your inhaling fiberglass from them. my grandfather died from smoking menthol cigs. you should stick to non-menthol and smoke 100's not the shorties that Marlboro puts out. try to find a brand that is smooth to the throat.. the less irritation your throat has the better. and i am a smoker and we should all quit. hope that helped you out with your question

angela b
I don't think any kind or brand is any better or worse than any other but the cheap ciggies thats smuggled into the country is full of all sorts so don't smoke them i think mayfair smooth is the best my fav anyway

pancake on my face
I think menthol is even worse. There are no best ones. You should just quit, it's killing you.

Jaguar
NO is the short answer, so if you are going to smoke, you may as well enjoy the proper stuff!

stellina80
Rating
Absolutely not!!!!Menthol opens lungs and it's worst!!!

ダニエル
Rating
nope they're not, theyre just as bad, try to stop it b4 July 1st, you know why!!! good luck!!

rosie l
Rating
wouldnt think so the menthol probably opens up the lungs more especially as you tend to draw longer on cig

ballerinacaz
God, why are you even asking if they're healthier, give it up, it's killing you, and anyway on the 1st July you're gonna only be allowed to smoke at home and if you have kids that's gonna kill them too...

Doodlestuff
No, they are no better. But the advantage is it is MUCH harder to bum cigarettes from others so easier to quit. Lower nicotine cigarettes were found to be no better because people actually inhaled more deeply.

Please note: don't let previous failures to quit daunt you. The average smoker has to quit 7-9 times before they succeed. Try different methods. Cold turkey didn't work for me, but does for others. I eliminated all the places I smoked until I only smoked in my chair. Then took up crocheting to keep my hands busy. I had to give up beer drinking for 2 years because I always wanted a cigarette!!

jamieazure
Rating
Please get your information straight before spreading 10 year old rumors. Cigarette smoking is bad, true. However there isn't fiberglass in menthol cigarettes, or in all the other 'mint/menthol' items another user here mentioned. I'll provide links to back up my claims.... can you? It's already obvious most of the smokers here know it's dangerous, it's silly to result to government-esque scare tactics to get someone to quit. If they want to quit they will.

http://www.netwellness.org/question.cfm/15867.htm

Chuck T
Rating
I smoke Newport's , I don't think they are healthier though....

Jean-Luc
Rating
Is getting shot in the head healthier than being hit by a train at 125mph?

riverstarr
No cigs are healthier than another...........................

GB

Angela C
Rating
there are no healthy cigs.menthol is just supposed to "taste" better.

nobody
Rating
No! The best cigarette is the one have no lighting up.

Mad Professor
Yeah, they're really good for you. You can smoke 100 a day and never cough.

chickenoriental
just as bad as a normal ciggie im afraid.

JERRABand
Rating
No. Menthol cigarettes have exactly the same ingredients as regular cigarettes. The only difference is that, in addition, they add the menthol flavoring.

hourglass_beauty
They are both bad for you.

borikua79
Rating
nope they're not to some ppl they r worse cause the menthol screws up the throat... just quit man i smoked a whole lot and just quit right there and then it's no big deal and it's easy just have to find it in u... take care man and be healthy!!

kitkat
Rating
No!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alexandra
Rating
If I said yes, would you breath more easily?

navster01
No lectures , no theories , no preaching .. but the simple answer is ..... no.

Black Orchid
No they are not healthier though a lot of people seem to think so
In fact they could be worse because of the menthol taste people could smoke more of them

reggieg
i worked for a cigarette company for years so this is the truth. the only difference between menthol and non menthol cigarettes is the paper on the menthol is infused with a ment smell. As the cigarettes are processed the vapors get into the tobacco and !Voila!, a menthol cigarette. So the answer is they are equally unhealthy. The only thing that could make smoking a little healthier is the strength. Ultra Lights have less nicotine and tar than the full flavor or regular ones. Hope I was some help. You know as well as I do none of them are safe.

silly gorbie
is a .22 bullet any less lethal that a .38?

Dr Frank
Rating
There is no best, not only are menthol cigarettes no better than standard, but low tar are no safer than high tar! Smokers who change between cigarettes simply alter their smoking technique to bring their nicotine levels to their normal requirement.

Sal*UK
Nope - they contain just about as much rubbish as normal ones.

I plan on giving up on Sunday *shakes in terror!!*

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy