Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Does drinking cranberry juice really help prevent getting kidney stones?

Is there any way to get rid of carpal tunnel?
and arthritis naturally? I mean with vitamins or herbs?...

Any home or herbal remedies for high blood pressure 125/180?

How much would one vicoden pill sell for?
no im not a drug dealer.
Additional Details
dang people stop judging i dont want to be one either!!! im just ...

What is the best way to soothe sunburn?

What are some natural stool softener's?

Clearing Acne Remedy?
i have acne, and i dont like it. I heard of things such as Toothpaste, Sugar and soap. there are just and endless number of homemade cures. I was wondering if anyone had any home made remedy that ...

What natural remedies can be used for high blood pressure?

What is a natural cure for arthritis pain and where can you get it?

This may sound stupid,my right foot hurts on the side of the foot,does anyone know if it could be the shoes?
I limp sometimes when it starts hurting,sometimes my feet and ankles swell,when I sitting down in bare feet,a sharp pain shoots in the side then it goes away.I have no medical insurance but when I ...

Bladder infection! help??
any home remedies??
otc meds that worked for you???
ANYTHING?!
has anyone ever tried those cranberry pills??
HELP!...

Any other recommendations besides Echenacea that can help boost the immune system?
I'm always catching colds...and just wondering if there are other natural herbs that can be taken with Echenacea to boost the immune system. I understand that zinc also helps a great deal....

Best cure for stress?
E...

Is there effective treatment for stomach ulcers?
Have persistent chest pains and stomach pains and doctors said i have stom ach ulcers and advised me take an anti- acid drugs and avoid all foods with acids but have done that and no improvement....

I have been suffering with burning feet for almost a year. Any remedy with alternative medicine ?

Does anyone know a special prayer that gets rid of warts?
I heard there is a special prayer that gets rid of ...

How can I lower my blood pressure without taking Rx.drugs ???

How can i stop being so anxious all the dang time?
no medications please. give me some natural remedies such as foods or herbs or breathing excercises. something....

Is drugs the answer?

My son has been having watery bowel and vomiting for almost two weeks. now, vomits after eating w/ tummy pain.
he has appetite to eat but rather skeptic for he might get stomach pains and throw up again. doctor said no medicine is required but watch the food intake. so, no dairies etc.. he's 9 y.o., ...

milan
Will marijuana effect the liver?

johnbntexas
smoke first then you won't care

cherylacbus1
http://health.ivillage.com/digestion/diliver/0,,6fz7,00.html

c r
Actually, no one knows for sure what effects it has on the liver. However there can be some impurities in the weed that can cause problems. this question was answered in the Yahoo question forum on an earlier date.

Bobby
Rating
just the brain

Jeremy D
No but it can make you are really boring and unmotivated person if you smoke too much, too regularly.

sendmenospam124
Rating
if you inject it into your liver, yes, definitely.

hippiegirl672003
Rating
I've never heard that it would .

Da Ben Dan
Rating
every chemical is metabolized by your liver

yadayadayada
thc IS metabolized in the liver BUT the liver isn't able to metabolize it quickly enough so there is also unmetabolized thc released that binds to fat and is re-released into the bloodstream which is filtered by your kidneys into your urine which is why a drug test can be failed for so long after smoking.
Also, I've never heard of or seen liver damage caused from use of MJ but I'm sure there are studies on it. I've mostly heard of lung damage due to THC concentration and the fact that the inhale is MUCH longer and smokers hold it in longer before they exhale (as compared to cigarette smokers) So if you're going to do it, puff, puff , pass a little faster.

exclusiveross
Yes, especially pregnant woman. Over all it is bad for everything

jrsygrl
Heck NO!

Chris
Rating
Is your liver the most important part of your body that you will think that only with your liver will you live from smoking marajuana?

Hathor
Maybe.

The main question would be does it metabolize THC? Or does any of the other compounds in marijuana or the burning of it effect the liver?

From what I understand it is the lungs, and the kidneys to some degree, that performs most of the function of clearing THC, but the liver does it share also, as it must.

However the ones who have smoked long term appear to have no significant liver damage from marijuana. Of course it alters and damages other organs, particularly functions of the brain and lung.

Anyway I think I'll go now and smoke a joint and watch the Flintstones.

brendalyn
Rating
All drugs are de-toxified in the liver. As with any other drug, or alcohol, long-term use will have detrimental effects on the liver, including cirrhosis, hepatitis, etc.

julie
no I'm sure it doesn't. Alcohol does tho

ongeemobile
Rating
no

Kristina d
no but it affects you lungs at 10x the rate of cigs. it causes birth defects and they can make you fat-with all that why worry about your liver

Molly
No. The liver doesn't metabolize marijuana.
You're safe.

The answer above mine is incorrect. Not EVERYTHING is handled by the liver. It would, if you ATE it but I doubt, that is what you were intending.

When you smoke it, the kidneys dispose of it into your urine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy