Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best way to lower blood pressure without prescription drugs?

What's a way to heal a cut that refuses to heal?
A year ago I cut myself shaving in two places. One healed but the other small one hasn't yet. I take a multivitamin and lots of herbs. I don't drink, smoke and eat almost no junk food at ...

Do you know of any effective remedies for ecsema?

Does anyone know of the best liquid or tablet form multivitamin that is all natural(preferably Kosher)?
Thanks for all the comments!...

Is Colloidal Silver a heavy metal? I am talking about the supplement taken internally.Thank you?

Is it true you can make LSD from a orange peel and toothpaste if u leave them in a bag for a couple of days?

Are you a healing practitioner? What is the best healing book you know of?
I have many books on healing. I am a Reiki practitioner & studied Science of Mind. I also use EFT. What do you do? Any details are appreciated....

Is there anything I can take to lower my blood pressure? Herbal remedies or other?
i have high blood pressure and no doctor to help me with this potential health risk. I'm currently on mediaction but I am nursing my baby. I am on Labatoral at the moment. But my prescription is ...

Any Good ways to stop smoking???
Has anyone read alan carrs book on how to stop smoking?

And have you being succesful or any other tips for stop smoking .
i smoke about 30 a day at moment but drink everyday too and ...

What's the best disinfectant I can use that isn't a chemically produced thing?
I often have cat scratches and things, and we all know how dirty a cat's claws can be, what can I use to clean it, I dislike using Savlon/Dettol type of stuff...?...

What do you know about chiropractor treatment?
I saw a chiropractor for my neck pain. He took full spine Xrays and says he saw several areas of my spine that need adjustment. He proposed a long drawn out treatment plan, that includes adjusting ...

Impacted Bowels (help for my grandma)?
My grandma is telling me she is suffering from impacted bowels. What are some natural/nutritional remedies you can suggest?...

Is there any 'natural remedies' i can take to help rid my body of toxins??

Can these 2 herbs hurt me?
I went to see a iridologist the other day and he gave me some herbs to take and 2 of them i am scared of and they are called "Lobelia" and "Licorice Root".. i have asthma and ...

Can my friend open an antidepressant capsule and just swallow the powder? She can't swallow well.?
My friend has problems swallowing capsules. Can she break open an antidepressant capsule and swallow the powder?...

What is your way of fighting acne?

Colon cleansing?
I've been checking out this website here about intestinal detoxification.

http://www.drnatura.com/
Is this a good idea or just a scam? Is it healthy? H...

Exema any herbal cures that work ?

What other things can you smoke besides tobacco or illegal drugs?
i heard tea, and if so what kind of ...

I cant get anything done how can i change this?i get frustrated and end up confused and not doing anything?

Additional Details
i have CFIDS........

marvymarv01
What natural supplements can I take to replace the prescription Paxil?
I have been taking this drug for several years and have recently weaned myself off. This has caused an uproar at home and I am in dire need of something to keep me from having anxiety, which is the reason for taking this to begin with. HELP!!!

mlgable
Rating
You can try using St Johns wart once you are totally off of the paxil. You mentioned that it was prescribed for anxiety but Paxil is an antidepressant not an antianxiety med so either the doc didn't prescribe the the right type of drug or there was more going on than just anxiety. Good Luck

Megita
Rating
Bee Royal Jelly, it contains a natural hormone level that keeps you balanced, it has been used for centuries in Europe and Asia, I swear by it, you can find out more about it on beeroyalproducts.com its high in B-5 that helps you deal with stress and sleep better as well, also enhances healthy growth of skin,hair and nails , and it contains 10HDA ,its an awesome product and it saved my life :)

Miranda Girl
My sister tried getting off Paxil and did not do well. There is nothing we know of to replace it with other than just another antidepressant. She tried many other ones. For SAD it is the best one out there. Good luck. Plus, you should wean off very, very, very slowly or you will get what they call brain zaps.

Keana P
Rating
Have you tried SAM E that stuff is great!!!!!And it's good for your liver as well

Flaming sword
Rating
Well there are a variety out there. Check with your local health food store for ideas. There also may be a natural-leaning pharmacy in your area. I have found several helpful items throughout the years. One is called, "Mindtrack" It's an herbal supplement that helps with anxiety and depression. Another is a flower essence called, "Rescue Remedy" by Bach. Also increase your B vitamins, Calcium and Magnesium intake. "Mood Menders" is another good one. Valerian is helpful for some folks. If you have a Bio-feedback technition in your area they could do some computer testing on you to tell you exactly what your body is currently needing and also what may be causing your anxiety problems - hormones, stress, etc.
I understand people's resistance to natural or alternative health. It doesn't always seem affect & there are some shysters out there. But then again there are some shysters in the medical field as well. One thing to remember is that you're not alone & the human body changes as it heals, so what might work this month may not work in 3 months. This is where Bio-feedback can be very helpful. Good luck!!

Sunday P
EXERCISE!!! Its helped me in so so many ways, its unbelievable!! I mean sweaty, wear your self out exercise 3 or 4 times a week! It's a life a saver. I play rollerderby and many girls were suffering depression in the begining and now are relieved by all the hard work outs we do! You burn out all the toxins that make you have the crazies! I know its not a quick fix but it is a better fix and a more permanent one, you just have to make it part of your life consistantly.

WHAT!?
The happy herb works wonders.

pandabunny
Rating
I usedd to take paxil, and I used lexpro to ween off....the only thing that has helped me be off meds alltogether is exersise and eating better. Mostly exersise though, because it raises the endorphins...it works for me. Good luck!

imakeM&Ms
Exercise and eating properly are the two that will help most. It is so hard to get up and do it if you are depressed, but you just have to do it. The other things that have been known to help are vitamin B12 and St. Johns Wort. Drinking green tea and limiting your caffeine consumption are two other things that may help. The only thing that has almost immediate results is the excercise, but again, it is really hard if you aren't feeling yourself.
Just force yourself for you and your family. Good luck to you.

Violet Pearl
Rating
try 300mg a day of 5HTP if you've been clear of Paxil for a few weeks. Also, the supplement GABA could help.
If you're over 30, see an endocrinologist: Paxil has probably effected your thyroid and hormones-- you'll need hormone replacement for a few months. Avoid ALL sugar- sweets, candy, cake for sure, and cut out all bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, fruit, milk products for 6-8 weeks to relieve your adrenalin glands. Take Omega,vitamin c and other vitamin supplements
Paxil has taken a pretty heavy toll on your body, so you'll need to start building it back to health.
Deep breathing exercises will help if you feel an anxiety attack coming on.
You can try the herbs valerian, kava-kava, chamomile, or passion flower to help take the edge off the anxiety, but ultimately, the only thing that's going to work is a change in diet, balancing your hormones, and some type of long-term positive thinking or prayer to keep yourself from feeling frustrated, angry and anxious.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy