Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

How can I keep my eyes from hurting when doing computer work?
My right eye has been stinging and burning something awful. I can barely stand to keep it open, but I have to do all this computer work. What can I do to stop it from hurting?...

Can you pleeeeeease tell me some good home remedies for an earache?
It really hurts. =[
Additional Details
Thank you all for your help! I can't pick just one, so a vote it is!...

Hangover cures please?
I have just had a bacon sarnie and a can of diet coke- has not seemed to help that much- was up drinking until 3am and now i am working from now until 8pm tonight i need serious help :...

Does smoking marijuana for over 5 years effect your personality?

Can someone tell me a natural supplement to lower blood pressure without rx drugs?

Additional Details
40 male 6'0 tall 195 lbs. bp 146/80 being currently treated with 10 norvasc not doing anything to redauce bp ...

Vitamin C overdose?
im starting to get a cold and want to get rid of it as soon as possible because i have a play 3 days from now.
if i take more than one vitamin C tablets, will it help?
(i was thinking ...

Does urine help cure acne?
I've heard that it helps athlete's foot and I've tried that before. But recently I had a break out and I've been urinating on my face. I FEEL like I notice a difference. But maybe ...

Anybody knows the medicine for diabetic patient other than insulin injection daily?

I need to clean all the mary jane out of myself quickly. I only have until next week to get clean...?
and I need help on how. I'm stopping now- but I've usually smoked once a day for the past year or so. I'm not looking for lectures either. I know not everyone approves of smoking weed, ...

Any cures for head aches?
other than pain killers they havent ...

Anyone got a natural remedy for headaches?

Drugs. Do We Need Them?
If you think about it, there are natural remedies for about any kind of sickness, so why do we have to pop pills just so we have to use enormous amount of money to pay these pharmacuetical companies? ...

What is a natural remedy for iron deficiency, I lost a LOT of blood recently and my cell count is low?
Iron tablets make me feel lousy. Does red wine help? What foods and drinks ( tea/coffee ) will help? Is Guinness any good? What veggies will help. Any natural remedy would be preferable.
A...

If you drink lots of water and run several times a day, can you pass a urine drug test in 2 wks?

WHY Is No one answering my question???
I have been trying to find out if progesterone actually causes you to gain weight and I cannot get any answers out of anyone.. Can someone PLEASE help me??...

Best cure/prevention 4 a hangover?
Give me something i haven't heard of if ya can..Tried all usual ones but nothin seems 2 help me.....

Stress, anyone know of remedies that work?
I have tried Kalms but they are not helping. Would prefer natural remedies rather than prescription drugs. Trying relaxation excercises too. Thank you in advance....

Do you smoke Marijuana?

What are some NATURAL CURES for migraines?
i've been having really bad migraines to the point where i can't take care of my three children (3 and under). i still breastfeed so i can't take too much medicine and tylenol does ...

Does this help you cure your hiccups?
I have found that this simple solution helps people with hiccups.

1. Breath out completely and hold it. count to three.
2. Breath in completely and hold it.
3. Now tighten your ...

bran_gnagey
What is the best thing for a sore throat?
My 6yr old son has a sore throat and a cold and his nasals are starting to hurt .. I need a home remedy that is fast and effective

cutie pie!
Rating
lemon tea with honey

chanju84
gargling with salt water or 7-up can help. I might recommend 7-up in this case, because he's young enough he might accidently swallow the salf water... no fun. :)

Angelheart
Rating
Give him a glass of hot water mixed with freshly squeezed lemon juice.

jenny
Warm salt water. Just take a teaspoon of salt and dissolve it in warm water and have him gargle with it. You can also even use a dropper to run it through the nasal passages. He won't want to do it, but he will be glad he did. If that doesn't work you can also buy chloraseptic spray and maybe have him take some childrens tylenol.

koko
Rating
Try popcicles.

ShuckyDucky
Rating
Hot lemon tea.
Any warm liquids like soup or low sodium broth.
Throat lozgens (sp?) work well too, they have some made just for kids.
But if he continues to have that sore throat after a few (2-3 days) I'd make an appointment with a doctor.

Cartoon Star
Rating
Weak, warm tea with lemon and honey for his throat - Try some Vicks for his nose.
Don't let him drink anything too cold.

mgrace25_911
Rating
Hot jello! The gelatine coats the throat and soothes irritation. (I heard this is an old dispatcher's and radio DJ's trick, but my mom did it for me as a kid.) Mix about a third of one of the large packages or half of one of the small packages (you want it super concentrated, it'll be a bit sweet so pick a light flavor like peach or lime...) in a mug of HOT water just like you would cocoa or tea... have him sip it for awhile.

PS: Make sure to avoid any flavors that are red - just in case he throws up or needs to go to the doctor, you need to be able to detect redness and/or blood (if he vomits) and that will complicate those two things.

shadowkitty1999
Rating
Lemon and honey with hot tea will help soothe & so will salt gargles if you can get him to do it. Also try heating damp towels and wrapping them lightly around the throat. It sounds like he's going to need to go to the doctor, or the clinc though, because he'll likely need antibiotics.

Yoda
Drink alot of fluids and get some tylonal cold.

Stuff with high vitaiman C is really goood for colds

twopipes1
Rating
gargle with a little vinagar

Trollhair
gargle with vinegar/salt water. works every time. plus it cleans out all the germs.

Eve
Rating
Lemon, honey and water. I used to put Vicks vapo rub and boil a teaspoon or two in water, take it off the stove and inhale the vapors with a towel over your head for a few minutes.

You'd be blowing your nose like crazy but it brought relief. I find that Cepacol is the best medicine. I use the spray on my little one as it gets back there. It has a numbing agent and numbs the throat. The only thing that really works. They come in lozenges too and my older kids love those. Usually after a night or two they are better.

And yes the best thing is salt water in the sinuses if you can get him to inhale it up there a few times a day...will shrink the sinus and disinfect....basically saline but no chemicals like the stuff in the stores.

I prefer using zinc and vitamin C for myself at the first sign of a sore throat. Usually nips it right in the bud 4 times out of 5 for me.

I Seek
Put some Vicks Vaporub under his nostrils--not in them. Also, let him drink a little warm milk with honey in it to soothe and coat his throat. These are not cures, but they are treatments to comfort his misery. Hope this helps!

zerrick_king@sbcglobal.net
Rating
If he could gargle in vinager white that would help a lot. it helps fever and pain. it's a great healer for a lot of things.

miss advice
Rating
to open up his sinuses and make his throat feel better, give him a warm bath and some good warm soup. or even better, if you can get him to breathe in some steam- have him breathe while standing over a pot of water that has been boiling. (remind him- don't touch!) if you have any peppermints, add them into the water.

before he goes to bed, make sure he has a box of klennexs and he's not too cold or hot. give him a damp washcloth for his forehead.

the best thing to do is to let the cold run its course.

Brit
I heard lemon juice can clear it up.

Cyan
Rating
Zinc. I just throw the powder on the back of my throat and the microbes die fast. Its amazing.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, November 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy