Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Is there any other therapy for cancer?

What’s your best hiccup cure?
Help! I just started hiccupping and I can’t stop!...

What is an herb that helps you sleep?
i want to fall asleep more naturally. Sometimes whent I cant sleep I take tylenol pm, and then i feel tired in the morning. I feel like a raw herb would let me fall asleep. without any side effects....

How do i get marijuana out of my system ?
how much water do i need to drink to get weed out of my system by tomarrow ?.. and is there any other way to get weed out of my system by tomarrow without leaving my house because im on house arrest ....

Do you like to be tickled?
i love it, but not had it done for a very long time, where on your body do you like it ,i like it on my feet,getting excited just thinking about it....

Can i drink alcohol while taking anti biotics?
such as ...

How do i get over this hangover?
At work adn here til 2pm, sufferring big time, any suggestions?...

I want quit smoking what best way?

I went to the chiropractor and he recommended going 3 times a week for a year- is this necessary or a scam?

Additional Details
it's minor discomfort, but almost constant...he showed me an x-ray of my spine compared to a healthy one and ...

If more people die from alcohol than marijuana....?
Statistics show that alcohol is the #1 leading cause of death from any drug, second on the list is Meth and a list of other hard narcotics....then wow.. last on the list with 0 known deaths due to ...

I have a friend that drinks a teespoon of gasoline a day. What will happened to him?

What is the best cure for a hangover?

Do you know anything to cure a sore throat?
I'm talking about home remedies. Anything helps thanks!!
Additional Details
i've tried the salt water gargle before and it ...

'im 33 and desperatly want to stop smoking...I've tried the patches they made me ill i've tried the gum and
gave me ulcers really bad in my mouth.. i can smoker upto 60 cigs a day when i'm stressed i'm overweight too and that's not helping i'm on a low income so not only do i want to ...

Ohhhh never drinking again.............?
any tips aon hang over cures other than keep on drinking?...

The Best Cure For A Hangover Is...?
..What????...

How do you curb the need to drink beer?

I'm a ginger! what do i do????
HELP...

Does anyone know if smoking pot make you paranoid?
or do you know where i can find out any information about ...

What's the best home remedy for a sore throat?

ange904
What are ways to stay awake without caffeine?
I'm a college student so as normal I have a lot of studying to do and staying awake is challengeing sometimes. The problem is I can't have caffeine, is there anything I can do to help me stay awake and study.
Additional Details
I can't have caffeine so there for I can't have most teas, energy drinks, or anything that contains caffeine like pops

chrystallec
Rating
cocaine. Just Kidding! umm...try to get a lot of sleep, that way you're more refreshed during the day, and I hear that exercising helps get the heart rate up which is supposed to make you feel energized.

Caffiene Junkie
ginseng drinks. my mom takes bee pollun and she said that works really good too! energy drinks work too!

Maddie
Rating
I have recently discovered that apples are better for waking up than caffeine. Try it out and if it doesn't work for you, then the only other option I can think of is ice-cold water.

smashmouth
Rating
don't pressure yourself by studying too much. you should rest in between and munch on some fruits like apples. also, i've read somewhere that if you'd get more sleep, you'll remember what you've studied last night better.

pennypincher
Rating
For me a drink with red food color will keep me awake, like a cherry or strawberry soda.

Fl!p$t@
Rating
Look for an energy drink that keeps you awake..Ive seen many in stores...My uncle had 1 and it was a powder mix u put into water..kinda like iced tea mix..he said it tastes good like mountain dew and doesnt have caffine..it keeps you awake for a while...another way(the method i use) is gargling very strong listerine and splashing is cold water into ur face..thats what i do tho...hehe

Illuminate Me
Rating
I needed a lot of studying in college too and taking short walks in the house or in the study area where you are sure its safe, helps. Sometimes dancing/exercising or talking to someone- topics of great interest of course, while taking a break is stimulating.

United Skins Army
nicotine. or just slap yourself in the face...surround yourself with LOUD music!

aleng (^^)v
listen to ur fav musics/songs. it helps. i think

Huny4U
Rating
But my friend, the idea of studying is to be aware and cleared minded, how can you gain what you've studied when your eyes is open and your mind is closed, you better get good sleep to gain your effort

Shorty
Rating
Excersize aka go run around the block...or drink an energy drink! or u can take some pills called yellow jackets or any other metabolism source

Howdy!
I'm the same way. I used to drink hot herb teas while doing late night studying. Whatever flavors you like, (except for the relaxing ones of course, such as tension tamers). It works.

lizardgirl12368
Rating
try having sugary things that don't have caffeine, jog in place for like five minutes when you feel yourself getting tired, try and keep lots of lights on around you, idk, um, open your windows if it's cold outside to make your room chilly (like they do in movie theaters to keep people awake), uh, that's all i can think of at the moment

Cassandra
Take a shower cold shower!! Drink an energy drink!! I personally hate those drinks but they work for some people

go UCLA bruins!
Maybe it's like in that foam bed commercial, maybe it's your not using a comfortable enough mattress.

helencartermk
Rating
Eat real protein. Drink ICE cold water. Stay away from carbs and sweets.

jaganbcw
Rating
u can sit at a colder place it will keep u from sleeping

cutlus
Rating
definitely let me know what else we can do for this

m1D40chick
jumping jacks usually get me up and going . though not recommended for the morning or right after eating. seriously try it works.

Kissingbythesea
sugar. i had to stop taking caffeine in college, but started eating more candy. i then had the chance to laugh at all the people who couldn't stay up late studying because there wasn't any caffeine. good luck. it can be done.

funnyface53
Rating
cold showers, breaks & take a walk. Take a 30 minute cat nap

ovov
Rating
Try bawls

cosmosclara
Rating
Cold drinks.

Take naps when you can (so you're not sleep-deprived).

If you feel yourself getting drowsy, get up and walk a little - and/or do a few jumping jacks.

khpro
Rating
there is a drug... don't do it. Plenty of sleep ahead of time. Get up every 30 min. and do one minute of vigourous exercise outside in the fresh air then resume. Don't try to skip and do an hour block.

Best idea yet, find out how to develop better time management skills.

sam4756
well if your desperate, you could drink a bunch of water and then dont go to the restroom for a while. the feeling of having to urinate keeps your mind from going to sleep. its a desperate thing and it may be kinda hard to do but believe me, it works...

searay092003
Rating
study with other people, conversation is stimulating. even more so if you are all naked, it is college.

jessr322
Rating
I totally understand where you're coming from! I'm a college student too and sometimes the only time I can get homework done is late at night when it's quiet! But then I get so tired. Anyway, I don't have a lot of suggestions. One thing I've tried that has worked before is I get a big bag of sunflower seeds and keep my mouth busy cracking the shells. It helps 'cuz it keeps me alert. That way I'm not just sitting still doing nothing but reading, etc. Besides caffeine, I don't know what else works. Usually I just try to stay awake on my own, but I know...it's hard!!!

Oh, by the way, DO NOT eat chocolate!!! I've tried eating chocolate late at night while studying. For a little while after I ate it I perked up and was ok, but after a while, the little candy "high" wore off, and I was worse than before I ate it! I felt drowsy and just 'bleh.' And plus, candy isn't that good to use as a stimulant, 'cuz it's not good to eat a lot of sugar late at night. (although I have been guilty of this ;))

Sundown
Rating
Exercise!

13en
Take a shower when your tired.

Mercedes A
Rating
cold water in the face

johnnybutt12
Apples, they work better than coffee.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy